First Quarter Mock 2022

Madmike90

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

From what I understand, Haynes is as good of a guy & leader as he is a punter. He might be their ST captain for a decade

Michael Turk is draft eligible this year too. The refusal for the COVID vaccine may cause issues though.

Lou Hedley is a guy that I like just because he is 100% different than any other punter I've seen. Dude has a hell of a boot

Not gonna lie though, I really want I big heavy punter like Pressley Harvin just for that ONE time that he gets to tee off on a returner. Where is the Hefty Lefty of punters?

12 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Michael Turk is draft eligible this year too. The refusal for the COVID vaccine may cause issues though.

Lou Hedley is a guy that I like just because he is 100% different than any other punter I've seen. Dude has a hell of a boot

Not gonna lie though, I really want I big heavy punter like Pressley Harvin just for that ONE time that he gets to tee off on a returner. Where is the Hefty Lefty of punters?

Turk is so odd. Not often you see someone at any position play for 3 schools in their collegiate career, especially someone who's good. It's one thing to transfer because a stud takes your spot. That never happened with Turk

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I don’t think that James Daniels is going to be worth the money that he will get.

He looks good against bums and gets worked against good fronts.

If the Bears have a new staff I'm looking to see the OL completely reworked.

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Turk is so odd. Not often you see someone at any position play for 3 schools in their collegiate career, especially someone who's good. It's one thing to transfer because a stud takes your spot. That never happened with Turk

He's def a weird situation. Got to go back after going undrafted only to be told about their new COVID policy, so he transfers again to try to be re-(for the first time)-drafted?

He's going to be the answer for a damn hard Jeopardy question someday.

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I don’t think that James Daniels is going to be worth the money that he will get.

He looks good against bums and gets worked against good fronts.

I think Daniels is the definition of a square peg in a round hole...he needs to lose 15lbs and get back to a zone blocking scheme to be at his best...get him out in space pulling and leading...use him on screens...do the things we drafted him for rather than ask him to do nothing but win with power in a phone booth...Daboll does a lot more outside zone than Nagy does...we saw a little more of it yesterday with Lazor calling the plays and it really worked because that's what our guards do well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think Daniels is the definition of a square peg in a round hole...he needs to lose 15lbs and get back to a zone blocking scheme to be at his best...get him out in space pulling and leading...use him on screens...do the things we drafted him for rather than ask him to do nothing but win with power in a phone booth...Daboll does a lot more outside zone than Nagy does...we saw a little more of it yesterday with Lazor calling the plays and it really worked because that's what our guards do well.

I am not adapting anything for Daniels. He is just an average player. 

We can find a cheaper Daniels in the draft.

Daboll is coming from a system with a massive physical OL. With the volume of passing he does we just need better OLmen. Daniels does not win enough 1 on 1 matchups against non-scrubs.

Just now, WindyCity said:

I am not adapting anything for Daniels. He is just an average player. 

We can find a cheaper Daniels in the draft.

Daboll is coming from a system with a massive physical OL. With the volume of passing he does we just need better OLmen. Daniels does not win enough 1 on 1 matchups against non-scrubs.

Not really...both Ford & Feliciano do have some weight on Daniels but asking their fans the Bills play mostly zone concepts with Singletary in the game...they play a little more power when Moss is in but Monty has shown he can run behind both schemes...for me our OL overall is far better suited to a zone scheme as a whole.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Not really...both Ford & Feliciano do have some weight on Daniels but asking their fans the Bills play mostly zone concepts with Singletary in the game...they play a little more power when Moss is in but Monty has shown he can run behind both schemes...for me our OL overall is far better suited to a zone scheme as a whole.

Dawkins 6'5" 330lbs

Felinciano 6'4"  327lbs.

Morse 6'6" 310lbs

Ford 6'4" 329lbs.

Williams 6'6" 330lbs.

It is one of the bigger lines in the league.

Dawkins 6'5" 330lbs

Felinciano 6'4"  327lbs.

Morse 6'6" 310lbs

Ford 6'4" 329lbs.

Williams 6'6" 330lbs.

It is one of the bigger lines in the league.

Exactly what Daniels is listed at on the Bears own website...I would think he is closer to 6-3" 320lbs which still isn't given up much size...

And again regardless of size they don't play power.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I do not really care what our line does best... because their best isn't very good. 

I do not see any reason to cater to mediocre players strengths. Lets replace them with players who are better or could be better.

Whitehair we are stuck with contractually. I am not tying myself to anymore average OLmen.

LT: Borom

LG: Whtihair, mostly because of contract

C

RG:

RT Jenkins

Give me a new RG and C and we can remake 4/5 of the line how we want.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Exactly what Daniels is listed at on the Bears own website...I would think he is closer to 6-3" 320lbs which still isn't given up much size...

And again regardless of size they don't play power.

I am saying that Daniels getting smaller and quicker isn't going to make him "fit" better in what Daboll does.

He will still be a mediocre pass blocker who struggles with power. Even more so if you have him lose weight.

I do not really care what our line does best... because their best isn't very good. 

I do not see any reason to cater to mediocre players strengths. Lets replace them with players who are better or could be better.

Whitehair we are stuck with contractually. I am not tying myself to anymore average OLmen.

LT: Borom

LG: Whtihair, mostly because of contract

C

RG:

RT Jenkins

Give me a new RG and C and we can remake 4/5 of the line how we want.

Problem being we don't have the assets to do this given we have plenty of other needs.