Game #5 - Sun, Oct 10 vs Buffalo

onejayhawk

14 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

And we were very specific about getting Spags to correct defensive deficiencies.

I'd add that I really never liked the Spags hiring. I wanted Bowles but he went to Tampa. It's just so bland. They can't tackle, they don't turn the ball over what is the actual identity of this defense?

I'd love for someone to explain what they're at least trying to do, because it's hard to see. 

15 minutes ago, Habbsawce said:

I'd add that I really never liked the Spags hiring. I wanted Bowles but he went to Tampa. It's just so bland. They can't tackle, they don't turn the ball over what is the actual identity of this defense?

I'd love for someone to explain what they're at least trying to do, because it's hard to see. 

I wasn’t a big fan of the Spagz hiring either, i only liked that it wasnt Sutton anymore.

Spagz in his coaching past has lead several all-time terrible defenses. Is it that surprising that the Chiefs defense is playing historically bad in his 3rd year? Was almost inevitable that this would happen eventually, especially with all the “talent” thats been brought in the past 4 years

Edited by Chiefer

10 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I wasn’t a big fan of the Spagz hiring either, i only liked that it wasnt Sutton anymore.

Spagz in his coaching past has lead several all-time terrible defenses. Is it that surprising that the Chiefs defense is playing historically bad in his 3rd year? Was almost inevitable that this would happen eventually, especially with all the “talent” thats been brought in the past 4 years

I can't remember exact details, but I somewhat broke it down when he was hired. His defenses were typically good year two and that was it. He just seemed to accelerate that and it bled into year one.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I can't remember exact details, but I somewhat broke it down when he was hired. His defenses were typically good year two and that was it. He just seemed to accelerate that and it bled into year one.

guess what? You were right, drastically so. 

This team is gonna keep going down until Reid can find a quality defensive coordinator. Preferably a guy who is new, and not an old outdated buddy from Philly.

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I asked for good starters, and all i see on your list is a bunch of average at best.

Sneed is the only star, and hes sophomore slumping on this turrible defense

Like I said, his talent acquisition hasnt been great for a while now. He hasnt expanded the core of this team. Hes made terrible high priced FA moves(Mathieu being the only good one, and Veach wanted Earl Thomas), and his trades have been okay at best, At Best!

and no this isn't a Dorsey vs Veach debate, im looking at it squarely on Veach. Hes been here 4 years and we havent really moved the needle at all from those Dorsey years, and that is a huge problem right now. 

You're letting 5 games override years of production in your evaluation of some of these guys. Sneed, Ward, Nnadi, and Thornhill were all good starters for full seasons prior to this one. Fenton and Danna are two of the few that have looked quite good this year so far. If you don't think guys like Nnadi, Ward, and Thornhill have been good starters prior to this year, then your standard for what is a good starter is what is off. You will not luck into Trey Smith with every low round pick you get. Getting a Thornhill at pick 63, Niang at 96, Fenton at 201, are all excellent draft picks. Everyone is just honed in on the stars, not realizing how impressive it is just the number of positive contributors we've gotten in the last 3 drafts. And even then, I would say we probably wind up with a few stars from these last two, in the form of Humphrey, and then Smith and/or Sneed.

18 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

We play the toughest schedule in football over the remainder of the season…

Do you have a source on this, because I can't find anything that backs this up.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/remaining_schedule_strength

The highest would be this link, which is based on just opposing record, but that's assuming you believe Denver and LVR are genuinely winning football teams.

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

The highest would be this link, which is based on just opposing record, but that's assuming you believe Denver and LVR are genuinely winning football teams.

It was on the graphic 2 weeks ago, of course that was before the donks and Raiders crashed.

6 hours ago, Kirill said:

We just got get in the playoffs healthy and we’re still the team to beat. Need to move Hardman back to KR and need to cut Sorensen.

Have you not been watching? Until our defense can pretend to stop someone, we’re not the team to beat.  We’re giving up a TD on 42% of drives and 7.1 yards per play.  But don’t worry, we’re interested in possibly trading what would likely be a decent pick for a RB…that should fix our D..,

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I figured something like that, though a big part of the DVOA is from beating us. Still, it's four very good to SB level teams and one in the middle of the league, who we thumped hard.

This week's opponent, the WFT, is another one of those middle teams, but this one does not have a very good offense. We'll see how it goes.

J

2 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Have you not been watching? Until our defense can pretend to stop someone, we’re not the team to beat.  We’re giving up a TD on 42% of drives and 7.1 yards per play.  But don’t worry, we’re interested in possibly trading what would likely be a decent pick for a RB…that should fix our D..,

This is because we’re playing Dan Sorensen over a pro bowler.

Frank Clark is basically in a contract year, he will show up in the playoffs.

On 10/12/2021 at 11:26 AM, Jakuvious said:

You're letting 5 games override years of production in your evaluation of some of these guys. Sneed, Ward, Nnadi, and Thornhill were all good starters for full seasons prior to this one. Fenton and Danna are two of the few that have looked quite good this year so far. If you don't think guys like Nnadi, Ward, and Thornhill have been good starters prior to this year, then your standard for what is a good starter is what is off. You will not luck into Trey Smith with every low round pick you get. Getting a Thornhill at pick 63, Niang at 96, Fenton at 201, are all excellent draft picks. Everyone is just honed in on the stars, not realizing how impressive it is just the number of positive contributors we've gotten in the last 3 drafts. And even then, I would say we probably wind up with a few stars from these last two, in the form of Humphrey, and then Smith and/or Sneed.

Thornhill has never been a starter for a full season and cant get the trust from coaching staff, Ward has had up and down play his entire career, and Nnadi is closer to JAG status then he is a quality starter. Sneed is good, but even the moon shines on a dogs a$$ every once in a while.

Danna, the guy who gets coverage sacks  every once in while is a good player for us? Srs Jak? I get you love the team, but its okay to take things with a grain of salt every once in a while. Danna is solid, but i wouldnt say hes good. Good to me means top half of the league talent bare minimum, that makes a regular impact on game day. According to you that definition is way off. 

Solid picks are solid i hear ya, but i want Good to Great so that this teams can get more SBs. You know its not all about the stars, but ours aren’t shining so bright anymore and we need more stars to light the place back up a bit.

If that Buffalo game didn't embarass them enough to look into the mirror and stop acting like teams are going to just roll over and hand them another Superbowl appearance, I'm not sure what to think.

That had to be a major wake up call. Especially Pat who has been mediocre in terms of his talent. I sure hope the money didn't go to his head, because there are a lot of years left.