2021 QB Rankings (by the numbers, FINAL)

RandyMossIsBoss

5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

IMO a talent drain issue. The Vikings haven't had a good defensive draft since 2015. They have picked a ton of corners in the first 3 or so rounds and none of them have been very good. They also have spent there highest picks on skill position players (you could argue they got some very good players in Jefferson and Cook but IMO neither of those positions are as important as the defensive talent they have lost) and OL (which I agree with as a great move). They seem kind of like the Packers with TT to have a complete inability to replace talent in their secondary. 

all true enough. injuries and Covid played in to it too, especially our front 4.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

How much is Jimmy G? Asking for a friend...

Honestly, whomever he gets traded to will likely restructure and extend him, so I'd be willing to wager his cap hit next year is going to be pretty minimal for whomever acquires him. Otherwise its 25.6 million which is about 11th for all QBs, I believe. 

On 12/9/2021 at 7:44 PM, SkippyX said:

I'm not the biggest A-A-Ron guy out there but remember this.

Rodgers and Mahomes were 1 and 1a last year around Thanksgiving and Rodgers went nuts.

After 10 games Rodgers had about a 1.3 point lead in rating but Mahomes had him on TD to INT and record.

Rodgers went 6-0 with 19 TDs to 1 pick and a rating around 133 to finish the season. It will take something like that to catch Brady.

FYI, In Rodgers 3 MVP season he did this in-division

• 2011 - 15 TDs 1 pick (5 games) Flynn went 6-1 vs Detroit in week 17)
  • 2014 - 18 TDs 0 picks
  • 2020 - 20 TDs 0 picks

He's got 10 TDs 0 picks through 3 games this year.

He just needs to repeat that, do well against a cornerback free Ravens D, and then not wet the bed vs Cleveland.

He will probably be good enough to win, but Brady could still be better.

Kyler Murray remains the wildcard.

Man did you call this.

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Earnest question, does this look right to you? If you were personally creating a list, how would it differ?

Just based off 2021 play it'd probably be pretty similar. Jimmy G, Winston and Bridgewater would certainly be lower.

I'm not thinking too hard on this but I'd say my tiered QB rankings through 2021, no Watson, would be:

1. Brady
  2. Rodgers
  3. Mahomes
  4. Wilson
  5. Herbert
  6. Dak
  7. Allen
  8. Burrow
  9. Stafford
  10. Tannehill
  11. Kyler
  12. Lamar
  13. Cousins
  14. Carr

These are the franchise QBs to me. Rest are either fringe guys like Jimmy G or Wentz, decidedly not franchise QB material, or still young and TBD. 

11 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Just based off 2021 play it'd probably be pretty similar. Jimmy G, Winston and Bridgewater would certainly be lower.

I'm not thinking too hard on this but I'd say my tiered QB rankings through 2021, no Watson, would be:

1. Brady
  2. Rodgers
  3. Mahomes
  4. Wilson
  5. Herbert
  6. Dak
  7. Allen
  8. Burrow
  9. Stafford
  10. Tannehill
  11. Kyler
  12. Lamar
  13. Cousins
  14. Carr

These are the franchise QBs to me. Rest are either fringe guys like Jimmy G or Wentz, decidedly not franchise QB material, or still young and TBD. 

Fair enough. My list would be pretty different from the statistical list. But not that different from yours. I'd have Tannehill a good amount lower. We might differ quite a bit over the bottom half of the starters. Dunno.