College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

It's the fact that he knew about Sandusky raping kids at Penn State and did nothing about it.

Not about his coaching ability(though I'm not terribly fond of it either).

Ah, most of the pushback I'd seen has been about him as a coach not his off the field issues. Totally justified to not want the hire for these off field issues, if they have merit. 

To be honest hadn't even heard anything about him being complicit in the Penn State scandal. There was zero talk about it when he was hired at OSU as DC. Very surprised by that. Because if he knew and did nothing, he should be coaching nowhere. 

Just now, ak23 said:

Ah, most of the pushback I'd seen has been about him as a coach not his off the field issues. Totally justified to not want the hire for these off field issues, if they have merit. 

To be honest hadn't even heard anything about him being complicit in the Penn State scandal. There was zero talk about it when he was hired at OSU as DC. Very surprised by that. Because if he knew and did nothing, he should be coaching nowhere. 

Lots of people who had knowledge still have jobs. CFB doesn't give a damn and neither does the NCAA. Hell Brian Kelly is responsible for deaths and still has a job.

1 minute ago, ak23 said:

It's all speculation based of something McQuery said, and Schiano denies.  There wasn't that much around it, he was a fringe mention at best

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Lots of people who had knowledge still have jobs. CFB doesn't give a damn and neither does the NCAA. Hell Brian Kelly is responsible for deaths and still has a job.

100% true, Tom BRadley is DC at UCLA. But just because they do doesn't mean they should have these jobs. I'm fully behind not hiring a coach because of their involvement in that scandal, especially if they knew (or witnessed) something and didn't report it. Fire all of those coaches. 

Just now, ak23 said:

100% true, Tom BRadley is DC at UCLA. But just because they do doesn't mean they should have these jobs. I'm fully behind not hiring a coach because of their involvement in that scandal, especially if they knew (or witnessed) something and didn't report it. Fire all of those coaches. 

Agree with you in principle, just saying that reality is often cruel and harsh and wrong.

You can't move the program forward with him anyway. At best he's marginally better than Butch Jones (who also helped sustain a Big East also ran into a competitive program). Just keep Brady Hoke on a one year deal and hope he can derp his way to eight wins and that next year has better options who are receptive of the job.

18 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

It's the fact that he knew about Sandusky raping kids at Penn State and did nothing about it.

Not about his coaching ability(though I'm not terribly fond of it either).

BS. Tennessee fans are using it as an excuse. They're throwing a temper tantrum because they didn't get Gruden or any of the delusions of grandeur coaches they thought they deserved.

Just now, jrry32 said:

BS. Tennessee fans are using it as an excuse. They're throwing a temper tantrum because they didn't get Gruden or any of the delusions of grandeur coaches they thought they deserved.

this is what my gut tells me too, but hey maybe the state of Tennessee has decided that today is the day they have grown an upright moral conscience. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

Nobody at UT Knoxville thought they were getting Gruden lol only the loud loons on the internet thought that.

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Agree with you in principle, just saying that reality is often cruel and harsh and wrong.

The line for Tennessee gets drawn with the dollar. If you have a campus in outrage and a state rep who can work on cutting funding coming out against it, there's going to be some second thoughts and butt clenching in the AD.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The line for Tennessee gets drawn with the dollar. If you have a campus in outrage and a state rep who can work on cutting funding coming out against it, there's going to be some second thoughts and butt clenching in the AD.

Yep. The seeming benefit of a public school, you're still beholden to these things.

9 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It's all speculation based of something McQuery said, and Schiano denies.  There wasn't that much around it, he was a fringe mention at best

This. Honestly ridiculous to think Schiano shouldn't coach for what he may or may not have done, when you could probably find a handful of coaches on EACH staff in the country with similar or worse transgressions, it ain't exactly right but it's just the way CFB/NCAA is. I mean Penn St, the very institution responsible for all of this, is going stronger than ever at the moment.

This is just mob mentality in UT, they don't like the hire because they don't think it's good enough, and they're clinging on to the idea that this is an ethics reason.

Archived