College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

6 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

TN State Reps/law makers are speaking out against hiring Schiano. This could get interesting. Cause the report from John Brice is Greg Schiano was literally our last choice cause everyone else turned us down. Who do we go to from there?

I assume their objection is from the Sandusky stuff, yes?

Just now, Texasmade said:

I assume their objection is from the Sandusky stuff, yes?

Yep.

Schiano being a mediocre head coach(if even that) is reason for fans to get upset, but no state rep is gonna speak up over that.

Not sure I've ever seen this in all my years of watching football.

9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

TN State Reps/law makers are speaking out against hiring Schiano. This could get interesting. Cause the report from John Brice is Greg Schiano was literally our last choice cause everyone else turned us down. Who do we go to from there?

Tee Martin?

Am genuinely confused why Tennessee is rebelling against the Schiano hire. What he did with the Rutgers program was absolutely unbelievable. He's been a good (though not great) DC for Ohio State and definitely deserves a head coaching job. Took Rutgers to 5 8 or more win seasons in his last 6 seasons there. He produced some NFLers (Kenny Britt, Ray Rice, Logan Ryan, Mo Sanu, Devin McCourty, Anthony Davis) and has a lot of respect from many of the big names in the coaching profession (Belicheck and Urban especially). 

Who does Tennessee think they will get? Mike Norvell? Tee Martin? Brent Venables? Are any of those hires definitively better than Schiano? The fact that the UT state representatives/board of trustees are literally rebelling due to not liking this hire does not make this a more desirable job. 

4 minutes ago, ak23 said:

Am genuinely confused why Tennessee is rebelling against the Schiano hire. What he did with the Rutgers program was absolutely unbelievable. He's been a good (though not great) DC for Ohio State and definitely deserves a head coaching job. Took Rutgers to 5 8 or more win seasons in his last 6 seasons there. He produced some NFLers (Kenny Britt, Ray Rice, Logan Ryan, Mo Sanu, Devin McCourty, Anthony Davis) and has a lot of respect from many of the big names in the coaching profession (Belicheck and Urban especially). 

Who does Tennessee think they will get? Mike Norvell? Tee Martin? Brent Venables? Are any of those hires definitively better than Schiano? The fact that the UT state representatives/board of trustees are literally rebelling due to not liking this hire does not make this a more desirable job. 

As a Navy fan, I remember Rutgers always being a cake walk until he came on board.  He would be a great pick for any program that needs to get back on track and rebuild on the talent side.  He's now got an apprenticeship under Urban Meyer under his belt, this would be a pretty good hire for UT in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, ak23 said:

It's the fact that he knew about Sandusky raping kids at Penn State and did nothing about it.

Not about his coaching ability(though I'm not terribly fond of it either).

11 minutes ago, ak23 said:

They don't like the hire because the dude is a ****head. He doesn't deserve a head coaching job - hell he doesn't deserve a coaching job period. 

Good coach? Absolutely. Good person? Absolutely not. 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And I thought LSU screwed up a coaching search. Lord.

Also, vandalism isn't ideal but that is both succinct and accurate. Well done UT students.

lol that's not vandalism, painting the rock is a longtime tradition

32 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Hire a HS coach or a DII guy. Swing for the fences and hope you get lucky. Your program is such a mess it's all you can hope for.

Archived