College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

28 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

He's not. Jeff Taylor will be SMU's next coach.

Wouldn't be so sure about Traylor.  I badly want him to stay on in some capacity but they have other options in front of them for Head Coach.

22 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Jim Leavitt has stated he wants to be a head coach again. If I'm Mullens, I'm offering him the HC position yesterday to try and lure him back. Of all of the coaches brought to Eugene by Taggart, Leavitt is the one who made the biggest difference. He's had success in the past and he's been out west since 2011. 

Aside from him, since it's doubtful that would happen:

1. Les Miles.... I'd love it, plain and simple. 

2. Jeff Tedford- has ties to the Ducks as OC from 98-01

3. Bryan Harsin- Coached at Eastern Oregon for a year. He's been successful at his previous stops and Boise has remained relevant under his watch. 

4. June Jones- Native of Oregon and has been fairly successful in the past. His offense would be fun to watch. Recruiting questions from SMU though...

5. Mario Cristobal- Continuity. 

Keep Sumlin, McElwain, and Kiffin away at all costs. Two of them are uninspiring and mediocre and one I simply don't trust to not put us back in this position again next year. 

braindamage.png

Kevin Sumlin isn't somebody I want to attach my hip to. Dude had a decent run with Johnny Manziel, Mike Evan, and Co. And that's it. He's been one of those "is he on the hot seat" guys for the last 4 years. Cool if Oregon wants to win 7-8 games a year. I'll pass. And he can't keep QB's around:

Kenny Hill, Kyle Allen, Kyler Murray. They all bailed on him. 

Lane Kiffin, congrats on winning the CUSA. I'd expect something about like that. But I'm not ready to entrust this program him. Not after Tennessee, USC, and some of the stunts he's pulled at Alabama and elsewhere. I'll pass. A few years down the road, maybe my mind changes. But right now, no. Absolutely not. 

I'm not interested in Florida's old news either. Not with the dumpsterfire he oversaw. We had enough of a dumpsterfire under Helfrich's watch. 

So please, @Oregon Ducks, if you would like to share your brain's inner workings once the numbness subsides, please enamor us with who you want and why. 

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Kevin Sumlin isn't somebody I want to attach my hip to. Dude had a decent run with Johnny Manziel, Mike Evan, and Co. And that's it. He's been one of those "is he on the hot seat" guys for the last 4 years. Cool if Oregon wants to win 7-8 games a year. I'll pass. And he can't keep QB's around:

Kenny Hill, Kyle Allen, Kyler Murray. They all bailed on him. 

Lane Kiffin, congrats on winning the CUSA. I'd expect something about like that. But I'm not ready to entrust this program him. Not after Tennessee, USC, and some of the stunts he's pulled at Alabama and elsewhere. I'll pass. A few years down the road, maybe my mind changes. But right now, no. Absolutely not. 

I'm not interested in Florida's old news either. Not with the dumpsterfire he oversaw. We had enough of a dumpsterfire under Helfrich's watch. 

So please, @Oregon Ducks, if you would like to share your brain's inner workings once the numbness subsides, please enamor us with who you want and why. 

did you forget his houston stint with keenum?

Archived