Madden 22 Franchise - Lions GM

MKnight82

2026 NFL DRAFT

nfl-draft-image.jpg

Draft board time.

In general I’d say I don’t have any glaring needs.  I’m looking for star power pretty much anywhere on the roster though. Ideally that would be a pass rusher or secondary player but I’d take any star caliber player really.

The top QB, Racey Bryan has Elite Arm strength. He’s definitely a pocket passer but looks solid. He’s projected to go #1 overall and QB isn’t a first round need so he’s not going on my board but I think he will be good. QB Brent Curtis only has Great arm strength, but he ran a 4.55 and was 1st in both 3 cone and shuttle for QBs.  Looks like a killer athlete, he’s projected to go 18th so not going on the board but I think he will also be good. Josh Blaylock is a projected Day 3 prospect, has Elite Arm strength and had a solid combine otherwise.  He’d be a good development project at backup QB. He’s also only 21 years old, my current backup is already 27 years old and his rookie contract will expire soon.

HB Grant Walls is a solid athlete, with some solid all around attributes. I have him 100% scouted and he’s listed as a Top 5 talent, so he’s probably 80+ OVR like some of these HBs in previous drafts have been. I’d have to take him in the first round as he’s projected to go #28 overall. My biggest concern about him is that his scouting report says “rarely protects the football” which sounds like a disastrous trait for a lead back.  Jeff Haynes is slightly faster than Walls, and I also have him 100% scouted, he’s listed as a First Round talent, so his OVR will be less than Walls. He has a few attributes that are higher than Walls (BC Vision, Pass Block & Injury rating) but Walls overall has higher attributes across the board. Then there’s Shon Forsett, who ran a 4.35 at the combine (a 4.28 at his pro day!) but his 3 cone and shuttle are meh. His attributes overall are lacking, particularly as a pass catcher. Javier Nava is a late round prospect, not an amazing athlete but a power runner who could make decent depth as a goal line guy.

If I’m looking for some to take with a late round pick with, FB Rick Hunt wouldn’t be a bad selection. He’s slow but he’s strong and has good run blocking.

WR Jarrick Streeter is only 5’9” with C catch rating, but ran a 4.33 and was 1st in 3 cone and 3rd in shuttle. He would be an insane slot WR. He’s projected to go #9 overall. He also has A kick return rating. WR Trayvon Sykes is also 5’9” but ran a 4.28!  That’s nuts! He’s projected to go #14. A Day 3 prospect, Dontrell Shivers ran an impressive 4.30 and could make a good depth pick. Another late round guy could be Jeffrey Mobley.

The top TE (Lance Rivers) ran a 4.63, which is pretty average, and only did 23 bench reps with D run block rating. From what I can tell he’s an average one dimensional pass catching TE, not worth a first round pick IMO (if you’re going to have average speed you need to be able to block IMO). Josh Sherrod will likely be a 2nd round pick, ran a 4.62 and has better looking attributes than Rivers. I already have 4 TEs just like him though. Miguel Martinez is already 23 years old, which I typically avoid, but he looks like an excellent blocker. That’s something I don’t have in my TE depth.

LT Stephen Newkirk isn’t amazing but could make decent depth as a Day 3 pick. None of the other LTs stand out.

LG Justin Peterman is projected to go #4 overall, but he’s 23 years old, his scouting report says he’s known to attract flags, he’s a mediocre athlete, and has an F Injury rating. I don’t get it. Thurman Walden actually looks pretty good but he’s already 23 years old and projected to go in the first round so he’s not going on the board. Chris Crocker is a solid athlete, but good lord are his attributes bad. He’d have to fall to the 6th to be worth it.

The top Center is Hal Rogers, who looks pretty solid but he’s undersized and could only play Center. He’ll probably go in the 2nd round. John Van Buren not only sounds like a presidential candidate, he’s a solid Day 3 prospect. I think he’d be worth a pick in the 4th.

Jay Prince is projected to go in the first, but he skipped the combine and his pro day.  So I’m going to steer clear of him seeing as how I know nothing about him. The rest of the RGs suck.

RT Spencer Richards is a projected top 10 pick but looks mediocre. Max Sykes isn’t amazing but if he’s around late he could be worth a shot.

LE Deon Carter is the top rated LE but he’s garbage. Andrew Sanborn is 6’6” 300 lbs, ran a 4.81 with 31 reps, and was 1st in the shuttle with B PM and B FM. He could be a legit interior pass rusher, or maybe I could even think about a move to a 3-4?  He’s worth consideration in the 1st round IMO.

RE Tyronne Howell is projected to go #3 overall but is a mediocre athlete. Not interested. Chauncey Moats has an average speed profile, but only did 23 reps and I don’t know what his Finesse Moves rating is. I’d have to trade up for him as he’s projected to go #12 overall, I don’t think he’s worth it. Andrew Davis is already 23 years old but he’s a pretty good athlete for a Round 2-3 prospect, and he has B Finesse moves (but F Block shedding). If he fell to the 3rd he’d be worth consideration. I don’t know Dylan McDowell’s attributes but he ran a 4.53.  Definitely worth a 3rd round pick. Ladarius Wheatley is worth a Day 3 pick.

I wouldn’t consider DT a big need as Shields got Superstar dev and Osgood plays inside on nickel downs. For example, my current #2 DT Dishman played only 341 snaps last season. That being said, Austin Richards looks pretty good. Running a 4.80 he might be as fast as Osgood honestly, plus his 40 bench reps is top notch. Wow Donovan Nicks is even faster running a 4.76 which is nuts for a 302 lb DT (Andrew Sandborn only ran 4.81). Nicks should be on the board at my picks without trading up too. In Round 3-4 Vince Wooden could make good depth.

LOLB Doug Schraeder is a projected top 5 pick and looks pretty good. Great size to move to DE and good athlete, biggest issue is I don’t know what his Finesse Moves are. Trading all the way up into the top 5 for a guy that I don’t know his most important attribute would be pretty ballsy. He ran a 4.68 and did 28 reps. His 3 cone and shuttle aren’t amazing though. Kary Cage is an undersized linebacker who’s super fast and has B zone coverage. He’s a projected 2nd round pick and could be good depth at either Linebacker or Safety.

MLBs Rayshon Young & Randy Harbor both look great but are projected 1st round picks, and a non pass rushing Linebacker isn’t a 1st round need. Randy Harbor ran a 4.48 though.

ROLB Craig Woodard looks like a legit pass rusher. Good speed, 28 reps, and A FM. His F stamina rating isn’t ideal though and at 6’4” 257 he’s a little undersized for the DLine. His athletic profile of 4.68, 28 reps but 11th 3 cone and 5th shuttle is better than Schrader’s. Deon Hopkins is a decent Round 3-4 option as a pass rusher. If I was to take Woodard and/or one of the DTs early a move to 3-4 could be in order.

Cassius Fowler is the top rated CB, but he only has C MC, ran a solid 4.44 but only 20th 3 cone and 21st shuttle. He’s really average and I’d have to trade up for him.  Not worth it. Mike Scott is really frustrating, having ran 1st in 3 cone and 1st in shuttle, but a 4.58 40 time. He’s a 2nd round prospect and I know nothing of his attributes.  I mean if he has 89-90 speed he wouldn’t be terrible but, meh. I’ll put him on the board and if he drops I’ll consider him. Shaun Humphrey is an elite athlete but has terrible attributes.  If he fell to the 3rd he might be worth trying to coach him up. Aaron Fowler is like the opposite of Mike Scott as an athlete, but in the 4th round could be worth a pick. Plus he has good attributes. Javier Pritchett is a Day 3 prospect, another good athlete but raw.

FS Greg Wheeler is not a great athlete, but has good attributes and could make a good depth pick in Round 4.

SS Chad Gatewood is not a top notch athlete but he’s good enough, solid attributes.  Too mad he’s projected to go so high because he would be a solid pick in the 20s. Probably not worth trading up for though. Keenan Brown looks pretty average but my GM told me to draft him so I guess he goes on my board. Aaron Cofield is a Day 3 prospect that skipped the combine.  Its possible that improves his chance of being hidden dev so might be worth a pick late.

That’s the board. Overall I think this is a better class than last year but still not a very strong one.

Lions Draft Board
# on Board Mock Projection Postion Name Height Weight Age School Att 1 Att 2 Att 3 40 Bench Vert Broad 3 Cone Shuttle
5 5 Top 5 LOLB Doug Schraeder 6'4" 260 22 Texas A PUR A TKL C PM 4th 2nd 4th 15th 19th 12th
10 8 Round 1 ROLB Craig Woodard 6'4" 257 22 Florida A FM A PREC F STAM 5th 3rd 5th 10th 11th 5th
11 9 Round 1 WR Jarrick Streeter 5'9" 192 21 Notre Dame A KR C CTH C AWR 3rd 24th 7th 21st 1st 3rd
16 13 Round 1 SS Chad Gatewood 5'10" 207 21 USC A AWR B ZC C TKL 5th 9th 1st 2nd 2nd 2nd
18 28 Round 1 HB Grant Walls 5'10" 210 22 TCU A JUKE B CRY B BRKT 8th 22nd 12th 3rd 3rd 2nd
19 31 Round 1 HB Jeff Haynes 6'0" 198 22 Missouri A PB A BCV B CRY 2nd 28th 4th 5th 1st 4th
21 14 Round 1 WR Trayvon Sykes 5'9" 182 21 Michigan A SPEC C RLS C CIT 1st 25th 8th 23rd 6th 9th
24   Round 1-2 HB Shon Forsett 5'11" 214 21 FSU A AWR B BRKT C CRY 1st 24th 1st 2nd 5th 15th
26 20 Round 1-2 DT Austin Richards 6'5" 315 21 Notre Dame A AWR B FM B PM 4th 2nd 5th 2nd 5th 5th
32 24 Round 1-2 DT Donovan Nicks 6'3" 302 22 Clemson B FM B BS B AWR 2nd 4th 2nd 15th 1st 1st
36 29 Round 1-2 LE Andrew Sanborn 6'6" 300 22 LSU B FM B PM A TKL 16th 1st 17th 1st 12th 1st
40   Round 1-2 CB Mike Scott 5'11" 185 22 Boise St A BS C PREC C CTH 44th 10th 4th 32nd 1st 1st
42   Round 1-2 TE Josh Sherrod 6'5" 260 22 Michigan St A DR A CIT A CRY 1st 14th 2nd 2nd 1st 2nd
46   Round 1-2 OC Hal Rogers 6'1" 292 21 Michigan St A PB A PBF B RBF 11th 7th 2nd 9th 1st 2nd
47   Round 1-2 LOLB Kary Cage 5'11" 230 21 UCLA A PREC B ZC B MC 1st 15th 3rd 11th 1st 1st
63   Round 2-3 SS Keenan Brown 6'4" 203 22 Clemson B AWR C CTH D ZC 3rd 1st 13th 14th 10th 12th
71   Round 2-3 RE Andrew Davis 6'3" 265 23 Michigan St A HP B FM B TKL 3rd 22nd 9th 4th 9th 2nd
76   Round 2-3 CB Shaun Humphrey 5'10" 210 22 Oregon B AWR D MC D HP 6th 6th 2nd 1st 3rd 4th
81   Round 3-4 FS Greg Wheeler 5'11" 195 22 Boise St B BS B TKL C ZC 8th 5th 4th 6th 5th 4th
83   Round 3-4 ROLB Deon Hopkins 6'5" 251 22 UL Monroe B AWR B BS B HP 15th 7th 2nd 2nd 8th 23rd
89   Round 3-4 RE Dylan McDowell 6'1" 267 22 Iowa C BS C PREC B INJ 1st 36th 13th 16th 7th 4th
93   Round 3-4 DT Vince Wooden 6'2" 304 22 Notre Dame A HP B PREC C BS 5th 10th 6th 5th 3rd 4th
100   Round 3-4 CB Aaron Fowler 5'10" 210 22 Arizona B PRS C MC A STAM 1st 39th 21st 23rd 14th 26th
119   Day 3 WR Dontrell Shivers 6'0" 186 21 Northwestern C SR C CTH D AWR 2nd 46th 10th 33rd 12th 19th
126   Day 3 CB Javier Pritchett 6'2" 190 22 Virginia B AWR C PRS D MC 12th 2nd 1st 3rd 4th 5th
127   Day 3 TE Miguel Martinez 6'4" 248 23 TCU B RB B PB B BRKT 8th 11th 9th 10th 8th 16th
138   Day 3 LT Stephen Newkirk 6'7" 314 22 East Carolina B AWR B LB C PB 14th 6th 9th 3rd 13th 22nd
145   Day 3 RT Max Sykes 6'6" 310 21 Alabama B LB B PBP B RBP 4th 28th 7th 31st 2nd 2nd
150   Day 3 SS Aaron Cofield 6'3" 208 22 Tennessee B BS C TKL D CTH - - - - - -
151   Day 3 RE Ladarius Wheatley 6'1" 254 22 Purdue B FM B HP F BS 10th 9th 18th 12th 4th 8th
152   Day 3 QB Josh Blaylock 6'3" 210 21 Boston College Elite TP C TOR B CRY 5th 21st 3rd 3rd 2nd 4th
153   Day 3 LG Chris Crocker 6'2" 310 22 Arizona A IB B AWR D RBP 6th 14th 23rd 12th 2nd 6th
181   Day 3 OC John Van Buren 6'2" 315 22 North Dakota St A RBF B RB C PB 3rd 1st 3rd 1st 2nd 3rd
185   Day 3 WR Jeffrey Mobley 5'8" 185 22 Kansas St B DR B RB D AWR 26th 47th 39th 42nd 10th 13th
196   Day 3 HB Javier Nava 6'0" 225 21 West Georgia B BRKT B TRUK C CRY 12th 4th 15th 10th 25th 27th
UN   UN FB Rick Hunt 6'1" 258 22 Clemson B RB B IB B AWR 2nd 1st 1st 1st 3rd 1st

Time to start the draft. 

Here's my draft picks starting the draft: 

Round 1 - 21

Round 1 - 23

Round 2 - 35

Round 2 - 53

Round 3 - 85

Round 3 - 87

Round 3 - 92

Round 3 - 94

Round 4 - 104

Round 4 - 117

Round 4 - 124

Round 5 - 149

Round 5 - 158

Round 6 - 181

Round 6 - 190

Round 7 - 219

I've definitely assembled too many picks.  All those times trading down have added.  I can afford to spend some picks to move up several times in this class. 

ROLB Woodard is my target early in the 1st.  The mock has him projected to go #8 overall, so to be sure I may need to go up all the way to #6. 

The Texans select QB Racey Bryan #1 overall. QB Kaleb Evans is selected #2 by the Cardinals. Btw the Texans still have 92 OVR, 30 year old Deshaun Watson on their roster, and the Cardinals have 92 OVR, 29 year old Kyler Murray, plus the Cardinals backup Al Kelly they took #4 overall two years ago.  Ya the draft logic is awful. RE T Howell goes #3 to the Jets, so far the draft has followed the mock. LG Peterman goes #4 to the Buccaneers and LOLB Doug Schraeder goes 5th to the Eagles. 49ers are on the clock at 6 let's see if they are willing to deal. 

So its a bit risky but the 49ers want both a 2nd and 3rd to move up, so I'm going to go down another pick and try again. 

49ers select ROLB Wroten. Every pick has gone exactly like the mock so far. 

UGH.  Titans are refusing too.  I could risk it and go 1 more pick, the draft has gone exactly to the mock so far, and my target was projected at 8. 

Ok, WHEW. Titans select RT Spencer Richards. 

*TRADE*

Colts Receive

#21 overall

#53 overall (2)

#117 overall (4)

Lions Receive

#8 overall 

On the clock.  I moved up for one guy. 

With the 8th Pick in the NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select:

ROLB Craig Woodard, Florida

Speed Rusher (76), Run Stopper (71), Power Rusher (69), Pass Coverage (66)

q2Syykn.jpg

- Hidden Dev! Hopefully he's a Superstar or better.  I really need this guy to be an elite edge rusher. 

I should be ok waiting until my next pick so let's just wait till then. 

WR J Street goes #9 to the Giants. SS C Gatewood off the board at 13 to the Dolphins.  Every pick has been exactly like the mock. WR T Sykes goes 14 to the Patriots.  Both of these WRs were really talented I just had bigger needs. DT A Richards is gone at 20 to the Bills. 

I'm on the clock at 23. 

So available are all of the HBs, DT Donovan Nicks and LE Andrew Sanborn. If I'm going to go HB, I'm going to take Walls because I know he's a Top 5 talent, he could be 80+ OVR. Between Nicks and Sandborn, Nicks actually ran a slightly faster 40 but Sandborn has much faster 3 cone and shuttle (which are probably more important than 40 for interior pass rushers). However, selecting Nicks or Sandborn would mean giving up on Osgood which I'm not ready to do yet. 

With the 23rd Pick in the NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select:

HB Grant Walls, TCU

Elusive Back (80), Receiving Back (71), Power Back (67)

OBxzPjW.jpg

- Normal dev....93 speed 92 acc, 92 ag is better than I though it would be though. The normal dev isn't a complete killer because HBs can get dev challenges. This pick isn't a homerun but it might work. 

DT D Nicks goes with the very next pick. LE Sanborn is gone at 28 to the Browns. HB Haynes goes 31 to the Panthers, hope he isn't a Superstar...

I'm going to talk to the Texans about pick 33 since I traded away a 2nd to move up earlier. 

*TRADE*

Texans Receive

#94 overall (3)

#124 overall (4)

TE T Harrell (77) 

Lions Receive

#33 overall (2)

The Texans top TE on the roster is a 66 OVR, so Harrell will start for them immediately. 

So I pick here at 33 and again at 35.  So I need to find two guys here. I really like the versatility and athleticism of LOLB Cage. I know linebacker isn't a huge need but he can backup multiple positions at linebacker and SS. And if he were to hit as a Superstar he could take over as the starter at SS. The other option is to double dip at HB and take Shon Forsett who's still on the board. The problem with Forsett is that he's fast, but that's about it. CB Mike Scott is also available, and although he ran a poor 40 the rest of his combine was great. One issue with taking Scott, if he's not Hidden Dev I don't really have a spot on my roster for him unless I ditch one of my previously drafted CBS. OC Hal Rogers is also available and could be a long term replacement for Ragnow who's starting to age. I guess technically I could also draft TE Sherrod but A) TE really isn't a need and B) it feels kind of dirty to trade the Texans a TE than take a TE lol. Granted they did get 2 other picks out of it. 

With the 33rd Pick in the NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select:

LOLB Kary Cage, UCLA

Run Stopper (73), Speed Rusher (72), Pass Coverage (70), Power Rusher (66)

uzIqJD3.jpg

- Hidden Dev! Awesome. He's a great athlete for the position, good enough to play either OLB or SS. Remains to be seen if he's a Superstar or not. If he's just Star he'll probably just be a primary backup at multiple positions. 

Ok well the Cardinals took HB Forsett so that saves me from having to take two HBs. 

With the 35th Pick in the NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select:

OC Hal Rogers, Michigan State

Pass Protector (70), Agile (69), Power (66)

G28TLB4.jpg

- Hell ya, hidden dev Oline! Love it.  He's undersized so can only play Center, not sure what that means for Ragnow.  Maybe he's trade bait now. 

I'm going to sim to the end of the 2nd round then decide whether I want to trade up again in the early 3rd. CB Mike Scott goes with the very next pick. Oh man TE Josh Sherrod is the very next pick after that to the Eagles @Danger .  

SS Keenan Brown goes to Football Team in the 2nd, which is a bummer cause that's the guy my GM recommended I take.  He had a weak combine though. He would have been worth a 3rd but not an early 2nd IMO. 

*TRADE*

Seahawks Receive

#92 overall (3)

MLB D Gregory (75) 

Lions Receive

#65 overall (3)

MLB was the Seahawks biggest need and my linebacker depth is getting long. This moves me up from the back end of the round to the top of the round. 

With the 65th Pick in the NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select:

CB Shaun Humphrey, Oregon

Slot (70), Man to Man (69), Zone (68)

eDDxUkf.jpg

- Normal dev but good athlete. Bummer.  Figured I'd take a stab at a CB here since his combine was so good. He has a long way to go before he'll be decent on the field. 

I'd really like to land a backup pass rusher here with my next pick. There are 3 still available so I can afford to sim a few picks first. RE Andrew Davis just went. Its 7 picks until my next pick.  I might as well use up some of these late rounders to move up. 

*TRADE*

Patriots Receive

#87 overall (3)

#181 overall (6)

#219 overall (7)

Lions Receive

#78 overall (3)

With the 78th Pick in the NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select:

RE Dylan McDowell, Iowa

Speed Rusher (69), Power Rusher (65), Run Stopper (64)

WC2DtDg.jpg

- Normal dev, but he's a good athlete for the position. Should provide good depth. 

I have another 3rd round pick. 

So there's no one really jumping off the board at me here so I think I can trade down to the 4th before making my next pick. 

*TRADE*

Buccaneers Receive

#85 overall (3)

Lions Receive

#100 (4)

2027 4th Round Pick 

Time to sim to the 4th. 

With the 100th Pick in the NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select:

WR Dontrell Shivers, Northwestern

Deep Threat (69), Slot (68), Route Runner (65), Physical (62)

rHoiYyT.jpg

- Normal dev, but he's really fast. 

With the 104th Pick in the NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select:

TE Miguel Martinez, TCU

Vertical Threat (68), Possession (66), Blocking (52)

MBmMeYn.jpg

- Normal dev and 23 years old, but I took him to add a blocking TE which I don't really have on the roster. He's also a lot faster than I thought he'd be.  *edit* what the hell, his blocking is terrible.  Makes no sense based on my scouting report. 

I think I'm going to continue with the trade theme and try to get another 4th so I can take that Safety that skipped the combine. 

*TRADE*

Falcons Receive

ROLB K Hawthorne (72)

#190 overall (6)

Lions Receive

#114 overall (4)

With the 114th Pick in the NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select:

SS Aaron Cofield, Tennessee

Run Support (65), Zone (64), Hybrid (64)

lOYRW9o.jpg

- Dang only Normal dev.  I guess skipping the combine doesn't mean that anymore? He's an ok athlete.  Without him being hidden dev though he might be heading to the practice squad. 

5th round time.  I have picks 149 & 158. 

Man a lot of my board is gone.  It seems like a lot of the talent never makes it to the 5th. 

With the 149th Pick in the NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select:

LT Stephen Newkirk, East Carolina

Power (65), Agile (63), Pass Protector (60)

F3gnkL8.jpg

- Normal dev.  Was looking for some oline depth that was bigger and could play tackle. He's got the size but he's raw. 

With the 158th Pick in the NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select:

HB Javier Nava, West Georgia

Power Back (66), Elusive Back (64), Receiving Back (50)

QViZyt3.jpg

- Normal dev, depth power back.  Where the hell is West Georgia university? 

That's the last of my draft picks. The only guy remaining on my draft board is that FB, and I can probably sign him as a UDFA if I want. 

That wraps this draft.  

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 1

Lions 2026 Draft Summary
Pick Position Name OVR Hidden Dev
8 ROLB Craig Woodard 76 Yes
23 HB Grant Walls 80 No
33 LOLB Kary Cage 73 Yes
35 OC Hal Rogers 70 Yes
65 CB Shaun Humphrey 70 No
78 RE Dylan McDowell 69 No
100 WR Dontrell Shivers 69 No
104 TE Miguel Martinez 68 No
114 SS Aaron Cofield 65 No
149 LT Stephen Newkirk 65 No
158 HB Javier Nava 66 No

POST DRAFT RECAP

So the top 10 players in the draft were:

#1 - HB Grant Walls - Drafted 23 by Lions - 80 OVR - Normal Dev 

#2 - QB Racey Bryan - Drafted 1 by Texans - 76 OVR - Star Dev

#3 - ROLB Craig Woodard - Drafted 8 by Lions - 76 OVR - ???

#4 - MLB Rayshon Young - Drafted 10 by Broncos - 76 OVR - Normal Dev

#5 - DT Donovan Nicks - Drafted 24 by Chargers - 76 OVR - Star Dev

#6 - SS Chad Gatewood - Drafted 13 by Dolphins - 76 OVR - Normal Dev

#7 - WR Trayvon Sykes - Drafted 14 by Patriots - 76 OVR - Star Dev

#8 - QB Kaleb Evans - Drafted 2 by Cardinals - 75 OVR - Normal Dev (ouch, he's their 3rd string QB too)

#9 - WR Chris Garner - Drafted 67 by Jets - 75 OVR - Normal Dev

#10 - LE Deon Carter - Drafted 29 by Steelers - 75 OVR - Normal Dev

This is one of the weakest classes I've seen. 

Other names of note: 

LOLB Doug Schraeder (73) - Star Dev

WR Jarrick Streeter (73) - Star Dev

CB Cassius Fowler (72) - Normal Dev

WR David Fletcher (72) - Superstar (wasn't on my board, only has 89 Speed)

TE Lance Rivers (71) - Normal Dev

DT Austin Richards (75) - Star Dev

LE Andrew Sanborn (74) - Normal Dev

HB Jeff Haynes (75) - Star Dev (he's really unbalanced, 65 power back, 65 receiving, Walls is faster too)

HB Shon Forsett (74) - Star Dev (94 speed, 95 acc, 62 receiving and 59 power)

CB Mike Scott (70) - Normal 

TE Josh Sherrod (74) - Normal 

SS Keenan Brown (69) - Normal (this is the guy the GM wanted me to draft, he sucks)

QB Josh Blaylock (64) - Normal (94 TP, 85 SPD, 89 ACC)

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

So I was curious and found that FB Rick Hunt, looks like he was drafted by the Jaguars.  He's 69 OVR blocking FB with Star Dev.  Dang I should have drafted him late. 

Could always float a future 5th or something to see if they'll trade him.

Lions Roster - Year 6
Offense Skill Players
QB OVR Age HB OVR Age FB OVR Age WR OVR Age TE OVR Age
M Hancock 82 23 M Martin 81 26 M Winslow 76 26 D Ward 93 25 TJ Hockenson 88 29
G Clayton 72 27 G Walls 80 22       D Darby 85 22 J Dansby 76 23
      J Bradham 74 24       D Lawrence 76 26 K Feliz 76 23
      R Turner 71 25       E Hannon 74 24 M Martinez 68 23
      J Nava 66 21       A Brown 74 24      
                  R Harding 73 25      
                  D Shivers 69 21      

Offensive Lineman
LT OVR Age LG OVR Age C OVR Age RG OVR Age RT OVR Age
P Sewell 87 25 C Freeman 86 25 F Ragnow 91 30 C Gilmore 83 25 G Smith 74 24
C Cohen 67 24 T Rudolph 67 27 T Driver 76 25 M Williams 74 23 B Silverman 70 23
S Newkirk 65 22       H Rogers 70 21       E McCloud 69 24

Defensive Players
LE OVR Age DT OVR Age RE OVR Age LOLB OVR Age ROLB OVR Age
D Osgood 83 24 J Shields 79 23 J McGowan 84 24 E Loud 81 24 L Dawson 77 23
T Reveron 79 26 D Dishman 78 26 W McMullen 74 25 C Woodard 76 22 J Kendricks 73 23
R Foster 70 24 J Beard 67 25 D McDowell 69 22 D Hancock 67 24      
            D Mackey 67 25            

Defensive Players      
MLB OVR Age CB OVR Age FS OVR Age SS OVR Age      
T Dunn 87 26 J Okudah 86 27 Z Cobb 82 25 B James 81 26      
B Hagans 75 24 J Smallwood 81 25 E Hill 74 22 K Cage 73 21      
      D Gholston 81 24       D Payne 68 24      
      J Bush 76 26       A Cofield 65 22      
      V Macklin 76 23                  
      D Gaines 74 23                  
      S Humphrey 70 22                  

Special Teams                  
K OVR Age P OVR Age                  
W Young 80 26 J Fox 83 30                  
D Andrews 72 21                        

Rookie HB Walls will start. 

I'm going to shop Frank Ragnow. He's 30 and this is the last year on his contract. Rookie Rogers will start at Center. 

I'm going to keep Craig Woodard at LOLB, but he'll move to DE on nickel downs. I think that'll give him the maximum amount of snaps as he'll play OLB in standard sets (When Osgood shifts to DE) and DE when Osgood shifts to DT. Unfortunately this pushes Eric Loud to the bench. I'll probably consider offers on Loud but I'm not willing to just dump him. 

Rookie Kary Cage was moved to SS.  

Edited by MKnight82

CUTS

I have to make 12 cuts.  If they have PS eligibility they will head there. 

HB R Turner (71) - CUT - out of PS eligibility

HB J Nava (66) - PS

WR C Bozeman (68) - CUT - out of PS eligibility

TE M Martinez (68) - PS

LT S Newkirk (65) - PS

LG T Rudolph (67) - he's already 27 years old, I have young backups 

RE D Mackey (67) - PS

LOLB D Hancock (67) - CUT - out of PS eligibility

SS D Payne (68) - PS

SS A Cofield (65) - PS

P Jack Fox (80) - CUT - he's 30 years old, I moved UDFA Andrews to Punter. 

RE Jason McGowan has been placed on IR.  Reveron will start in his spot. 

*TRADE*

Colts Receive

WR R Harding (73) 

Lions Receive

6th Round Pick

• Like 1