Madden 22 Franchise - Lions GM

MKnight82

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Any thought on trading a prospect and pick or two for an elite player and making a push? I'd hate for this team to just hover around fringe playoff status until these studs start to decline.

Nah.  The challenge is to see if I can draft an entire roster that can win a SB.

• Like 2

CUTS

I have to make 10 cuts.  If they have PS eligibility they will head there. 

TE C Kincaid (67) - PS

LT C Cohen (68) - CUT - he's on the last year of his rookie deal, Newkirk took his spot

LE R Foster (71) - CUT - bottom of the depth chart player just ran out of roster spots

DT J Beard (69) - CUT - out of PS eligibility. Drafted replacement

SS A Cofield (68) - PS

SS P Clements (68) - PS - I expect him to get stolen, just ran out of roster spots

*TRADE*

Patriots Receive

HB Malik Martin (82)

Lions Receive

4th Round Pick

He had fallen to 3rd string after my past 2 drafts. I can't cut my 4th string HB because he's my KR.  He will get to start for the Patriots. 

*TRADE*

Broncos Receive

CB Joshua Bush (77)

Lions Receive

3rd Round Pick

I drafted Bush in my very first draft class in the 4th round, he was raw and only 68 OVR. He's never climbed higher than #4 on my depth chart and now he's 27 years old. The Broncos depth chart at CB is abysmal so he will become their #2 CB and get to start. 

*TRADE*

Brown Receive

LG E McCloud (70)

Lions Receive

Future 4th Round Pick

The Browns have depth issues on the oline. McCloud is solid I've just replaced him with better players. 

*TRADE*

Texans Receive

CB Derron Gaines (76)

Lions Receive

Future 3rd Round Pick 

Gaines was a 2nd round pick who's just too raw of a player to get on the field. The Texans have practically no talent at CB so he actually will be the highest OVR CB on their roster. 

• Like 1

Major Contract Signing

I almost always just move on from my QBs in Madden when their rookie deals expire because generally they want an obscene amount of money and its just not worth it. But Hancock asked for chump change in his extension:

5 years, $8.8 mil salary, $5.85 mil SB, $10.7 Y1 cap hit, $73 mil total

Having him locked up for the next 5 years simplifies things a lot. 

Also its really stupid they removed 5th year options for first round picks. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Major Contract Signing

I almost always just move on from my QBs in Madden when their rookie deals expire because generally they want an obscene amount of money and its just not worth it. But Hancock asked for chump change in his extension:

5 years, $8.8 mil salary, $5.85 mil SB, $10.7 Y1 cap hit, $73 mil total

Having him locked up for the next 5 years simplifies things a lot. 

Also its really stupid they removed 5th year options for first round picks. 

That's crazy unrealistic.

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah the contracts seem to have gone backwards, one of the reasons I am holding off. But with the news that the Madden team is being pulled to NCAA is not a good sign

Well, on the bright side it means NCAA is getting resources significantly put into it, but on the other hand.... it's the Madden team.... which is incompetent.