Madden 22 Franchise - Lions GM

MKnight82

TRADE DEADLINE UPDATE - YEAR 7

Things aren't so great at the deadline.  I'm an extremely mediocre 3-4 and sitting 4th in the division. Fortunately my division is terrible and the Bears (who are in the lead) are only 4-3. My offense has been terrible for some reason, I'm ranked 25th in offensive yards. The defense is also ranked 25th in yards allowed, so completely sucking on both sides of the ball.  Not really sure what's going on, my team is ranked 86 OVR so I should be favored over most of the teams I've played. The Rams obliterated me 0-44 a few weeks ago. QB Hancock has only thrown 9 TDs and has 10 INTs. Maybe the Cowboys playbook isn't good?  

*TRADE*

Cardinals Receive

Eric Loud (82)

Lions Receive

Future 2nd Round Pick

Loud is actually a really good linebacker but I've drafted some better ones that has pushed him to the bench.  He's a former first round pick so this isn't a great return on investment. I had to trade him because his rookie contract is expiring and he wanted a $75 mil extension. 

CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS

CB Deionte Gholston (85) - 5 year deal, $5.0 mil salary, $4.60 mil SB, $7.34 Y1 cap hit, $47.8 mil Total

- He's only 25 years old and one of my top CBs. 

TE Jimmy Dansby (79) - 4 year deal, $2.5 mil salary, $2.75 mil SB, $4.33 Y1 cap hit, $20.8 mil Total

- He's good depth and this is relatively cheap. Still only 24 years old. 

MLB Blaine Hagans (78) - 5 year deal, $2.2 mil salary, $1.65 mil SB, $2.84 Y1 cap hit, $19.0 mil Total

- Good depth linebacker. 25 years old. 

RG Mitch Williams (77) - 3 year deal, $3.0 mil salary, $1.55 mil SB, $3.77 Y1 cap hit, $13.5 mil Total

- He's a good player, only 24 years old.  Will likely become trade bait down the line because he'll never start for me.

RT Gary Smith (77) - 5 year deal, $3.5 mil salary, $2.65 mil SB, $4.56 Y1 cap hit, $30.5 mil Total

- I've been hoping he'd develop faster since he's Superstar dev but he's still pretty good and only 25 years old. 

HB Johnny Bradham (76) - 3 year deal, $2.0 mil salary, $760l SB, $2.23 Y1 cap hit, $8.13 mil Total

- He does nothing for me on offense but as a kick returner he's scored 2 TDs in the past 3 years.  That's pretty unheard of in sims so he's worth keeping around. 

WR Eddie Hannon (75) - 3 year deal, $2.2 mil salary, $900k SB, $2.52 Y1 cap hit, $9.15 mil Total

- This is a pretty cheap extension and until I draft someone better he's worth keeping around. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Danger said:

Well, on the bright side it means NCAA is getting resources significantly put into it, but on the other hand.... it's the Madden team.... which is incompetent.

Perhaps if the Madden team is being thrown at NCAA, whoever replaces the Madden team will actually have some new ideas and be willing to fix issues.  Nahhhhhh, this is EA, more likely they'll slap a new cover on Madden 22 and call it Madden 23.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

So I simmed out the season last night.  Haven't had a chance to write any of it up yet but I won the division.  I play the Cowboys round 1 in the playoffs.  

@Danger Eagles are the #1 seed in NFC.

So the Eagles do good the year they draft a QB.

Please let me know how they managed to do it, and the fates of Stearn and Bacon.

36 minutes ago, Danger said:

So the Eagles do good the year they draft a QB.

Please let me know how they managed to do it, and the fates of Stearn and Bacon.

Honestly I don’t know.  They aren’t remarkable statistically anywhere.  They were top 5 in points allowed on defense but they were like 25th in yards allowed.  Also they were top 5 in sacks on defense.  Offensively pretty mediocre.

Bacon took 2 snaps all season.

Stearn threw 4,299 yards, 35 tds and 8 ints.  His completion % was up to 64% this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Honestly I don’t know.  They aren’t remarkable statistically anywhere.  They were top 5 in points allowed on defense but they were like 25th in yards allowed.  Also they were top 5 in sacks on defense.  Offensively pretty mediocre.

Bacon took 2 snaps all season.

Stearn threw 4,299 yards, 35 tds and 8 ints.  His completion % was up to 64% this year.

In short: Stearn is motivated by Bacon. How very American of him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

End of the Year Standings - Year 7
NFC AFC
Seed Team Record Seed Team Record
1 Eagles 13-4 1 Chiefs 14-3
2 Seahawks 11-6 2 Browns 13-4
3 Lions 10-7 3 Jaguars 11-6
4 Giants 10-7 4 Broncos 11-6
5 Cowboys 10-7 5 Ravens 10-7
6 Bears 9-8 6 Bills 10-7
7 Vikings 9-8 7 Raiders 10-7
8 Panthers 9-8 8 Titans 10-7
9 49ers 8-9 9 Dolphins 9-8
10 Packers 8-9 10 Patriots 9-8
11 Buccaneers 8-9 11 Bengals 8-9
12 Rams 7-10 12 Jets 7-10
13 Saints 7-10 13 Texans 5-12
14 Football Team 6-11 14 Colts 4-13
15 Falcons 6-11 15 Steelers 3-14
16 Cardinals 4-13 16 Chargers 3-14

I have Jacksonville's 1st and my own, so no picks in the top 20. 

Edited by MKnight82