79 CB Vernon Macklin 75 No
83 MLB Laron Dawson 72 Yes
97 TE Kevin Feliz 75 No
99 RT Ben Silverman 68 No
142 SS Dwayne Payne 64 No
161 RE Dean Mackey 66 No

POST DRAFT RECAP

So the top 10 players in the draft were:

#1 - HB Daniel Dunbar - Drafted 26 by Packers - 83 OVR - Star Dev (93 speed, probably a mistake passing on him)

#2 - WR David Darby - Drafted 2 by Lions - 78 OVR - ??? 

#3 - WR Shon Gresham - Drafted 12 by Bears - 77 OVR - Normal Dev

#4 - QB Doug Smith - Drafted 6 by Panthers - 76 OVR - Normal Dev

#5 - DT Joey Shields - Drafted 33 by Lions - 76 OVR - ???

#6 - WR Donte Newhouse - Drafted 9 by Raiders - 76 OVR - Star Dev

#7 - QB Jahleel Bouye - Drafted 22 by Seahawks - 76 OVR - Star Dev

#8 - ROLB Kyle Kindley - Drafted 48 by Texans - 76 OVR - Star Dev

#9 - RE Damiere Porter - Drafted 36 by Rams - 76 OVR - Star Dev

#10 - CB Damian Cormier - Drafted 35 by Football Team - 76 OVR - Star Dev

What a weird crappy class. 

Other names of note: 

RE Enrique Douglas (74) - Normal

LE Keon Bolden (75) - Superstar

CB Jerry Armstrong (75) - Normal (the #1 Cb in the class, 88 speed)

LE Joshua Parra (73) - Normal 

DT Mitch Kramer (76) - Normal

RG George Bush (72) - Normal

DT Rashawn Slaton (75) - Star

DT Dom Douglas (73) - Normal

DT Jalen Blount (74) - Normal

WR Kevin Sullivan (75) - Star

RG Austin Riddick (71) - Star (he's really raw though)

OC Brendan Crockett (73) - Star (he looks pretty good)

DT Paul Jeffery (72) - X Factor (UGH, this is the guy my GM told me to draft)

TE Brian Wolfe (72) - Star

HB Paul Hammond (73) - Star

Lions Roster - Year 5
Offense Skill Players
QB OVR Age HB OVR Age FB OVR Age WR OVR Age TE OVR Age
M Hancock 80 22 D Swift 86 26 M Winslow 75 25 D Ward 90 24 TJ Hockenson 87 28
G Clayton 70 26 M Martin 78 25       A Tate 82 28 T Harrell 76 23
      J Bradham 71 23       D Darby 78 21 J Dansby 75 22
      R Turner 68 24       D Lawrence 74 25 K Feliz 75 22
                  E Hannon 73 23      
                  A Brown 72 23      
                  R Harding 71 24      

Offensive Lineman
LT OVR Age LG OVR Age C OVR Age RG OVR Age RT OVR Age
P Sewell 85 24 C Freeman 83 24 F Ragnow 91 29 C Gilmore 81 24 G Smith 73 23
C Cohen 65 23 T Rudolph 65 26 T Driver 74 24 M Williams 72 22 E McCloud 68 23
                        B Silverman 68 22
                        J Wilkerson 64 25

Defensive Players
LE OVR Age DT OVR Age RE OVR Age LOLB OVR Age ROLB OVR Age
D Osgood 79 23 O Bush 77 24 J McGowan 82 23 E Loud 78 23 B Hagans 74 23
T Reveron 77 25 D Dishman 76 25 W McMullen 73 24 J Kendricks 73 22 L Dawson 72 22
R Foster 68 23 J Shields 76 22 D Mackey 66 24 D Hancock 67 23 K Hawthorne 69 24
      L Forbes 66 25                  
      J Beard 66 24                  

Defensive Players      
MLB OVR Age CB OVR Age FS OVR Age SS OVR Age      
T Dunn 84 25 J Okudah 83 26 Z Cobb 81 24 B James 80 25      
D Gregory 73 23 G Williams 81 27 E Hill 72 21 D Payne 64 23      
      D Gholston 80 23                  
      J Smallwood 79 24                  
      V Macklin 75 22                  
      J Bush 74 25                  
      D Gaines 74 22                  

Special Teams                  
K OVR Age P OVR Age                  
W Young 79 25 J Fox 83 29                  
      J Feliciano 73 21                  

I'm going to shop several of the players currently on the roster, including Dandre Swift, Auden Tate, Jeff Okudah and Greedy Williams.  Its time to turn over those roles to my draft picks. 

Wanted to say... I didn't know what to expect when I clicked into this thread, and I had (very) few minor gripes right off the bat, but you put a ton of work into this and did an absolutely fantastic job. Extremely entertaining read, and I look forward to following it along.

(Side note: I believe you can avoid being fired as HC if you just ignore the "Black Monday" box as it pops up. Might be wrong, but I think I've done it before.)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Wanted to say... I didn't know what to expect when I clicked into this thread, and I had (very) few minor gripes right off the bat, but you put a ton of work into this and did an absolutely fantastic job. Extremely entertaining read, and I look forward to following it along.

(Side note: I believe you can avoid being fired as HC if you just ignore the "Black Monday" box as it pops up. Might be wrong, but I think I've done it before.)

Lay the gripes on me, let’s hear em.

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Lay the gripes on me, let’s hear em.

I mean... it's almost like criticizing the napkins after a fantastic meal at this point. I thought some of the early "depth player for draft pick" trades were a bit lopsided, and, being a Lions' fan, it was strange to see Tavai on the roster for so long. From the rebuild perspective, I think it's pretty crucial to go QB as early as possible, but I actually thought your first draft was killer.

So, yeah, definitely splitting hairs. The amount of work you put into this is astounding, and I found myself agreeing with most of the decisions you made.

(And, out of curiosity: have you attempted a "cupcake" rebuild before?)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I mean... it's almost like criticizing the napkins after a fantastic meal at this point. I thought some of the early "depth player for draft pick" trades were a bit lopsided, and, being a Lions' fan, it was strange to see Tavai on the roster for so long. From the rebuild perspective, I think it's pretty crucial to go QB as early as possible, but I actually thought your first draft was killer.

So, yeah, definitely splitting hairs. The amount of work you put into this is astounding, and I found myself agreeing with most of the decisions you made.

(And, out of curiosity: have you attempted a "cupcake" rebuild before?)

So it’s hard to judge the value of trades, so a lot of this franchise I’ve just been putting guys on the trade block and seeing what the cpu offers me.  I admit it’s not perfect but it is what it is.

I’m the opposite on QBs, especially in madden.  The problem with taking a QB early is this was always going to be a long rebuild, and if I take a QB in Year 1 I end up having to give him a $200 mil contract by the time I’m competitive, which means I have to let a lot of other players walk. It’s better in madden to keep your roster together and just keep drafting new QBs.

By cupcake do you mean a terrible starting roster that would have practically no one of value to trade?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So it’s hard to judge the value of trades, so a lot of this franchise I’ve just been putting guys on the trade block and seeing what the cpu offers me.  I admit it’s not perfect but it is what it is.

I’m the opposite on QBs, especially in madden.  The problem with taking a QB early is this was always going to be a long rebuild, and if I take a QB in Year 1 I end up having to give him a $200 mil contract by the time I’m competitive, which means I have to let a lot of other players walk. It’s better in madden to keep your roster together and just keep drafting new QBs.

By cupcake do you mean a terrible starting roster that would have practically no one of value to trade?

If each of those were trade block offers, then fair play... there's not much more you can do than that (short of setting your own restrictions), and they are usually pretty underwhelming offers. So that's good.

Good point about QBs. I tend to strive to be competitive around year 3, so I want to develop that QB as soon as possible, but, yeah, it doesn't always work out that way. If you're going for a dynasty, grabbing the right QB would be more important, even if that requires waiting a year or two longer.

As for cupcake: it was a create-a-team roster setting in Madden 09, where every player was unspeakably awful. I do something sort of similar in Madden 22, where I start a fantasy draft with restrictions (one TE 75 or lower, one OT 72 or lower, one secondary player 72 or lower, one max 65-rated QB, RB, WR, DT and CB, the rest of the roster 55 or lower). I also limit my draft trades (#1 to #6 for a 3rd and a 6th only) and FA signings (none, unless you win a game). It's difficult, but I enjoy it.

STAFF UDPATE

Head Coach

Head Coach Zac Taylor retained his job. 

Traits: Decrease multi-week injury, +20% XP for FS/SS, +20% XP for LE/DT/RE, +20% XP for LOLB/MLB/ROLB, +20% XP for CBs, Schemes don't matter for XP gains, Personnel upgrades cost 20% less, OC talents cost 20% less, 10% talent refund when replacing OC, Increase in hiring bonus hiring OC, DC talents cost 10% less, 10% talent refund when replacing DC, increase in hiring bonus hiring DC, +3 weekly focus players.

Offensive Playbook - I'm going to change to the Rams offensive playbook and hope it works better. 

Defensive Playbook - Going to try Buffalo's 4-3 defensive playbook. 

Offensive Coordinator

Erik Aguilar - 17 traits

Defensive Coordinator

Dean Fuller - 20 traits

Player Personnel Department

- 3 traits

Scouting Department

Tier 3 Scout - Ana Rodriguez - Expertise: HB, FB

Tier 2 Scout - Aquib Talib - Expertise: CB

Tier 1 Scout - Renee Flowers - Expertise: FS, SS

Tier 1 Scout - Marc Hayes - Expertise: LG, C

Tier 1 Scout - Jeremy Lewis - Expertise: CB