2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

That Rockets performance in the 2nd quarter was about as abject as I've ever seen in the NBA. No wonder the Assistant Coach berated the entire team.

Facu Campazzo was in his bag for sure.

Nothing better on this planet than a Facu game. Seeing a team like the Rockets (presumably also Covid / injury depleted) this season is crazy. Horrid product 

According to Shams, the Jazz are going to be extremely aggressive and are looking to add another athletic wing that can defend. 

Guys that I'd consider would be Jerami Grant, Harrison Barnes, and potentially a couple of other guys. Joe Ingles has to go and his expiring deal boosts his trade value.

Edited by NYRaider

35 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

grant basically has a no trade clause and nothing about utah matches up with why he signed with detroit so if doesn't want to go there, weaver's not gonna trade him

I mean, he'd be the secondary scorer on the team. It's not like he'd be going back to being a 4th or 5th option.

31 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

who was the genius that gave him that?

he doesn't actually have one but he has a great relationship with weaver and i'm sure they'll work together to figure out where he wants to go that nets the best possible return

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, he'd be the secondary scorer on the team. It's not like he'd be going back to being a 4th or 5th option.

role was obviously a huge factor, but he said the biggest reason (whether you believe him or not) he signed with detroit is because he wanted to play in a black city, for a black head coach and a black gm. unless something changes dramatically in the next month, salt lake city has none of those things

he can take casey with him if it'll make him feel better though

13 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

role was obviously a huge factor, but he said the biggest reason (whether you believe him or not) he signed with detroit is because he wanted to play in a black city, for a black head coach and a black gm. unless something changes dramatically in the next month, salt lake city has none of those things

Oh wow, I had never read and completely missed all of that. Nevermind then. Utah is not the place for him.

1 hour ago, catcheryea said:

The Pistons also massively overpaid him in a weak free agent class. Before he signed with the Pistons he averaged 12 ppg. I'd prefer Harrison Barnes either way.

2 hours ago, catcheryea said:

grant basically has a no trade clause and nothing about utah matches up with why he signed with detroit so if doesn't want to go there, weaver's not gonna trade him

He'd rather waste his career in Detroit getting clapped then compete for an NBA championship? Weaver would rather waste his one valuable trade asset in a tanking season then move him? Great things happening up there in Motor City.