2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

4 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Well he’s likely one of the two greatest players of all time.

That's debatable imo.  Not sure if i'm taking him over:

Jordan
Wilt
Magic
Bird
Shaq
Duncan
Russell
Kobe

Definitely not over Jordan, which goes back to your "two greatest" comment, but I think the next 7 are up for debate.  Not necessarily saying Lebron isn't 2, just that I don't see it as a slam dunk no brainer of an assumption.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Jordan
Wilt
Magic
Bird
Shaq
Duncan
Russell
Kobe

Definitely not over Jordan, which goes back to your "two greatest" comment, but I think the next 7 are up for debate.  Not necessarily saying Lebron isn't 2, just that I don't see it as a slam dunk no brainer of an assumption.

What would be your arguments for Magic, Kobe, and Bird over LeBron? Just curious.

Not gonna debate big men. Too hard to compare big men to perimeter players.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Jordan
Wilt
Magic
Bird
Shaq
Duncan
Russell
Kobe

Please make the argument for Magic/Kobe/Bird or even Shaq over LeBron.

7 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

tumblr_puulpkhQbV1qe8lb8o1_500.gif

A real argument

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

LeBron has to be the worst “GM” of all time. He builds teams like it’s 2k. Collection of past their prime role players.

Like on 2k a near out of the league Ariza is like a 76 and some up and coming stud like OG Anunoby is a 75. And LeBron takes the Ariza every time. A team full of them.

He's definitely not a "big picture" guy. His F them picks mentality has turned everywhere he's gone into dumpster fire for short term success. I think your comparison is pretty accurate.

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

LeBron has went to three different teams, immediately traded away all of their young players/assets, chased rings for a short window and then dipped, lol.

This is a funny way of putting it but 100% true.

16 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Please make the argument for Magic/Kobe/Bird or even Shaq over LeBron.

A real argument

I'll concede, I don't care enough to argue about it here.  Call it nostalgia and thinking today's NBA is too soft along with a disdain for Lebron's flopping.  Statistically, there isn't an argument, but the players back then took a lot more punishment while going to the line a lot less.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

I'll concede, I don't care enough to argue about it here.  Call it nostalgia and thinking today's NBA is too soft along with a disdain for Lebron's flopping.  Statistically, there isn't an argument, but the players back then took a lot more punishment while going to the line a lot less.

I think LeBron is a ******, flops too much, gives up on D too much, and whines too much. He's still an amazing basketball player with a nearly unmatched career. If you throw him in a more physical era every advantage he'd lose on offense he'd gain back on defense.

• Like 1

Just now, Bullet Club said:

I think LeBron is a ******, flops too much, gives up on D too much, and whines too much. He's still an amazing basketball player with a nearly unmatched career. If you throw him in a more physical era every advantage he'd lose on offense he'd gain back on defense.

I never said he wasn't great, just that I wouldn't auto-crown him 2nd, I even said in the original post he might still be my 2nd, just something I don't assume.

It's tougher to score now than it was back in the day. You can't compare eras and say stuff like "he wouldn't dominate back then" when the athletes today are head and shoulders better than they were back in the 70s and 80s. Odds are if they are killers now, they'd destroy then as well. 

I mean, the league had trouble with Magic Johnson back then. Imagine that league but with KD, LeBron, Giannis, Embiid, Jokic. They couldn't handle a 6'9" PG that could barely shoot. How they going to handle those dudes?

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

I never said he wasn't great, just that I wouldn't auto-crown him 2nd, I even said in the original post he might still be my 2nd, just something I don't assume.

I'd put him first but based on your criteria I could see him anywhere between 1st and 5th. The point is it doesn't matter what your criteria when Magic/Kobe/Bird have virtually no case.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's tougher to score now than it was back in the day. You can't compare eras and say stuff like "he wouldn't dominate back then" when the athletes today are head and shoulders better than they were back in the 70s and 80s. Odds are if they are killers now, they'd destroy then as well. 

I mean, the league had trouble with Magic Johnson back then. Imagine that league but with KD, LeBron, Giannis, Embiid, Jokic. They couldn't handle a 6'9" PG that could barely shoot. How they going to handle those dudes?

Also depth is much better today. The top guys are amazing in any era but the 6th man and lower guys are so much better today.

• Like 1