2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

WTF is this?

EDIT - And I don't care about any previous calls and **** like that. This isn't basketball.

Good savvy vet move iyam.

Maybe they should give Bron obvious foul calls when he gets hacked all the time in a genuine fashion unlike Harden, Young, Doncic, etc.

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He’s had a great start statically, but last I checked it wasn’t 20/20. Rudy wasn’t my main complaint on there though.

He's averaging like 19/19 and we've limited his minutes because we've been destroying teams. We look incredible this year.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I can't wait until we have Rudy Gay back. We are going to be so, so, so good.

Like I said a few weeks ago you guys should be the favorites to finish with the 1 seed. There isn’t much turnover with the roster and Rudy is a huge regular season floor raiser. They should coast to a really good or great record barring health. They are a legit tremendous regular season team, but it all goes up in smoke if they can’t use that home court to propel themselves to the Finals. Do they seem different this year to you and if so how exactly? Obviously small sample but they are shooting 5 percent worse from 3 this year. They’ve beaten OKC, Houston, Sacramento and Denver who lost Jokic during who was cooking you to the tune of 24 points in 15 mins. Who knows how that game goes if he never goes out or if Murray played too. I guess I still need convincing before I believe Utah is ready to take that leap and go all the way this year.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's averaging like 19/19 and we've limited his minutes because we've been destroying teams. We look incredible this year.

He’s averaging 18.0 PPG (it’ll come down) and 17.8 RPG (it’ll come down). Like I said it’s a great start and like I said in the post above the competition you faced has been weak, but you’ve done what good teams do against bad ones and handled business.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Do they seem different this year to you and if so how exactly?

We've shot the ball terribly, Mitchell/Conley haven't played particularly well, and yet we've still won every game (outside of the scrappy Kings game) by double digits. Obviously it is a small sample size but I do think, assuming we're healthy, that we can make a leap this year in the playoffs. Our loss in the playoffs last year is held against us to a crazy degree but people totally overlook the fact that we were without Conley (an all star PG) and Donovan was hobbled with an ankle injury. 

We didn't make any crazy roster moves this off-season but we didn't need too. I think Donovan will continue to elevate his game, particularly in the playoffs, like he has every year in his career. I also think that adding Whiteside was a huge addition because he actually looks to score and provides a huge rim protector behind Rudy. We haven't been able to play defense without Rudy on the court but Whiteside protects the rim while also being a threat to score which will prevent teams from being able to go small against us. And if teams do go small against us we now have the personnel to go small as well with the additions of Rudy Gay and Eric Paschall. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He’s averaging 18.0 PPG (it’ll come down) and 17.8 RPG (it’ll come down). Like I said it’s a great start and like I said in the post above the competition you faced has been weak, but you’ve done what good teams do against bad ones and handled business.

Yeah we don't blow 20+ point leads against bottom feeding teams or struggle against average teams, we blow them out.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah we don't blow 20+ point leads against bottom feeding teams or struggle against average teams, we blow them out.

As you should as a team with continuity and an identity. Lakers are like the polar opposite with a completely turned over roster besides Bron, AD, and THT while trying to integrate Russell Westbrook. Vogel still trying to whip these dudes into shape defensively lol. He sat Monk after 5 mins cause he was making so many mistakes on that end. Lakers are a work in progress. Jazz are more of a finished product.