Colts waive QB Jacob Eason; Claimed by Seahawks

RaidersAreOne

No touch. No mobility. An endless string of mindless line drives. That repertoire can dictate a game here or there but no chance long term. Eason reminds me of all the 100 mph quarterbacks who dotted the league when I began following football in the late '60s as a kid. Bobby Douglass howitzers equating to 43% completion average. That's what it would equate to right now if the offenses and rules were still the same.

I never understand the attraction toward quarterbacks who can't vary pace and loft to fit the evolving needs of the play. Eason didn't look draftable by that criteria.

I mean...i'm a big Eason fan, and have been since the draft.  I think he's got a lot of flaws, but he's also got a lot of potential to be an actual QB in the NFL, rather than just like...a guy who can do checkdowns with superlative intangibles.  I'm kind of excited about him potentially getting a chance in Seattle.  But also, lol...Seattle has to be one of the worst places to get a chance.  That team was a house of cards entirely supported by Russell Wilson's brilliance and ability to thrive in a completely non-structured environment.

That's not Eason's game.  At all.

• Like 1