(Poll) When Hue is Fired Will You Agree?

Mind Character

When Hue is Fired Will You Agree  

38 members have voted

1. 1. When Hue is Fired Will You Agree?

• Yes - Fire Him. Blow it up again.
    • No - Don't Fire Him. Keep continuity. The Primary issue is Talent
    • I'm Torn, but Leaning Toward Agreeing with his Firing
    • I'm Torn, but Leaning Toward DISagreeing with his Firing

And just to be clear @Thomas5737, I'm not saying Hue is a great coach, I just don't think he's been given adequate time or resources to adequately evaluate him.

I'd love to see what he can do with an offensive coordinator helping him, and either a talented vet (Garoppolo or Cousins) or a top shelf prospect and not some middling projects or washed up vets.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why would Kessler win us games? What gives you that idea? It sure as hell isnt his record as a starter.

I don't think Kessler wins us games I think we win games with Kessler because he was competent last year with a much tougher situation (hint: Cam Erving) and Kizer has been a candidate for all-time worst season ever for a QB. We have pass protected much better this year even if the sacks are still high and our defense against the run was 28th per carry and this year they are #1, we were 26th in yards per play on defense at 5.9 per play this year we are 8th at 4.9. That means the team can probably win some games with just an okay QB who completes a high percentage of passes and doesn't turn the ball over.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And just to be clear @Thomas5737, I'm not saying Hue is a great coach, I just don't think he's been given adequate time or resources to adequately evaluate him.

Well I think it is clear that right now he isn't a great coach. He may be one day but if he needs a great team to be a great coach then he probably isn't a great coach. A great coach gets more in return than what he has, we aren't seeing that.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well I think it is clear that right now he isn't a great coach. He may be one day but if he needs a great team to be a great coach then he probably isn't a great coach. A great coach gets more in return than what he has, we aren't seeing that.

Bingo!

Lol I was just thinking that this needed a poll

I say keep Hue we've shown improvements and he's been able to bring in good coaches

They just haven't translated to wins

But if we have to bite the bullet these two tough years and end up with Myles Garrett and Saquon Barkley and they turn into HOF players it'll most likely been worth it

Let them get one more offseason no matter what even 0-16

If we got to have a fundraiser if Hue has to swim in the lake let it be so 

15 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

What makes a coach great exactly?

Winning is an oversimplified answer.

There are so many dimensions and traits that make great coaches great coaches.

I think we can all agree that various dimensions and abilities combine to make a "great" coach.

Typically the attributes are thought to be some of the following: 1. Motivation/organizing ability, 2. Strategic ability, 3. Ability to affect change and positive work habits of the labor force, 2. Game/situational football decision making prowess, 4. Play calling ability, 5. Ability to set a vision, gain buy-in, and drive alignment of behaviors toward that vision

Great coaches come in all types like the Urban Meyer or John Harbaugh type that is a Alignment & vision leader. They don't call plays and delegate major decisions like play calling and strategic planning.

Hue Jackson has some of that alignment leadership prowess but to a lesser degree than those coaches. Coaches around the league and personnel execs have raved of that ability to get the most out of his players.

Hue also has been in the top 5 in terms of offensive playcalling, strategic planning, and scheme design as evidence over a long period or repeated successes in various environments

Hue also has demonstrated via repeated behaviors over time to get the most out of young QBs.

Hue's weaknesses seem to be game management decisions and some poor situational football decisions

Also he seems to be overaggressive in his play calling despite talent deficiencies

Those are not fatal flaws when multiple coaches like Andy Reid and Jason Garrett types have the same deficiencies. Every week their issues raise their head, but talent and winning wash away their sins weekly.

Hue's good qualities are a unique skill set in this league...

Hue Jackson is not a great coach...BUT we will never know if Hue could be a great coach as the environment in Cleveland was not conducive to allowing his positive coaching traits to shine.

Ultimately, our talent bereft

Hue chose a better QB (presumably) for the team than the one that had a 90 something rating last year and made that QB a 51 passer rating QB. I'd give him credit for Kessler in '16 but Kessler went against what Hue wanted so that ain't happening. Dalton had one good year under Hue. Flacco...meh. Harrington...nah. Palmer, not really. His time as the Redskins OC doesn't help his QB whisperer argument.

Basically, Hue had 1 good year with Dalton. The second highest rated QB season that he coached was Cody Kessler.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hue chose a better QB (presumably) for the team than the one that had a 90 something rating last year and made that QB a 51 passer rating QB. I'd give him credit for Kessler in '16 but Kessler went against what Hue wanted so that ain't happening. Dalton had one good year under Hue. Flacco...meh. Harrington...nah. Palmer, not really. His time as the Redskins OC doesn't help his QB whisperer argument.

Basically, Hue had 1 good year with Dalton. The second highest rated QB season that he coached was Cody Kessler.

Hue knows football, but the narrative of him essentially being the qb coach is a little overplayed.

Hue has proven, if nothing else, that he is able to get, and keep, the attention of his players. That's a key part of being a HC.

I think everyone universally agreed he needs an OC, which should (in theory) help many of his issues.  Hue needs to worry more about being the HC and not the OC and playcalling or developing QB's.  We need an OC who's job is developing and implementing a gameplan as well as assisting Hue and Lee in developing the QB's.  

Hue spread himself too thin.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hue knows football, but the narrative of him essentially being the qb coach is a little overplayed.

Hue has proven, if nothing else, that he is able to get, and keep, the attention of his players. That's a key part of being a HC.

I think everyone universally agreed he needs an OC, which should (in theory) help many of his issues.  Hue needs to worry more about being the HC and not the OC and playcalling or developing QB's.  We need an OC who's job is developing and implementing a gameplan as well as assisting Hue and Lee in developing the QB's.  

Hue spread himself too thin.

I think we need a head coach to let Hue focus on running the offense. That obviously isn't an option though.

For me, I would like to see Hue stay two more years and see what he can do with a QB taken with the #1 overall pick and an offseason of bolstering the offense. I think it would be tough for any coach to do well with the lack of talent we have. Especially at QB.

Peace!!!

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol I thought you hated Hue's offense and playcalling??

Nah I just hate that the offense is terrible and that he started the wrong QB to make it look competent. I think everyone loves a downfield passing attack. I don't like that he doesn't seem to adjust to his team's strength or at least away from their weakness but I have nothing against him as an offensive mind even though I do think he was probably overrated in that regard coming in. He also talks a good game. I think Kizer not being on time makes the routes look stupid, sure there may not be much separation but it's a split second decision and you move on you can't keep staring down a receiver who finished their route, unless he is Antonio Brown it isn't going to work. The offense looked much better under Kessler last year, there weren't many big plays or high scores but there were completions and we did have drives that ended with field goals as opposed to turnovers.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Nah I just hate that the offense is terrible and that he started the wrong QB to make it look competent. I think everyone loves a downfield passing attack. I don't like that he doesn't seem to adjust to his team's strength or at least away from their weakness but I have nothing against him as an offensive mind even though I do think he was probably overrated in that regard coming in. He also talks a good game. I think Kizer not being on time makes the routes look stupid, sure there may not be much separation but it's a split second decision and you move on you can't keep staring down a receiver who finished their route, unless he is Antonio Brown it isn't going to work. The offense looked much better under Kessler last year, there weren't many big plays or high scores but there were completions and we did have drives that ended with field goals as opposed to turnovers.

Can't really argue any of that.

I just hope our offense starts to improve.

Hue just has to draw up a few more good plays. Duke's getting keyed in on now. Njoku has a solid package. The inside screen to him was new. That 3rd down pass to Seth has been on tape a few times. Only things I could think of are getting Kizer in some RPO's with Louis as a screen. Or maybe checking out how Kelce and Gronk are being used. Finding Njoku in the seam is a good way to get chunk yardage, but I'm not sure I'd want to risk Deshone sailing it to a safety. 

Which pretty much leaves play action as the only viable option to get chunk yardage. 

Archived