Who would you go after?

BigD1123

So yall wanted mayock to panic and over pay for Jackson. What can Jackson do that John brown can't. They about the same speed now. Try to get Jackson for free use brown as your backup plan. I like the patience shown here. 

As for cox. Maybe asking price was to high. I mean did he get traded at all? 

9 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

So yall wanted mayock to panic and over pay for Jackson. What can Jackson do that John brown can't. They about the same speed now. Try to get Jackson for free use brown as your backup plan. I like the patience shown here. 

As for cox. Maybe asking price was to high. I mean did he get traded at all? 

Over pay with a 5th-7th round pick? Desean Jackson is averaging 28 yards per reception this year and looks as fast as ever. John Brown couldn't even make the Broncos roster with Jeudy out.

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Over pay with a 5th-7th round pick? Desean Jackson is averaging 28 yards per reception this year and looks as fast as ever. John Brown couldn't even make the Broncos roster with Jeudy out.

He has 8 catches. He averaging 28 yards and Sean still won't play him. He really just had one good game vs Tampa Bay. Nobody else traded for him either. Yall might be hyping Jackson up a little bit. 

Last year " we got to use ruggs more than just fly routes"

This year" we got to trade picks for a guy who can only do fly routes". 

It's a smart calculated risk. How many teams above us in the waiver do you really think looking at Jackson and why didn't they trade for him. You get John brown or stoner for free. Zay can go deep. We will be trading a pick just for a guy to keep safeties deep. That's it. 

9 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

He has 8 catches. He averaging 28 yards and Sean still won't play him. He really just had one good game vs Tampa Bay. Nobody else traded for him either. Yall might be hyping Jackson up a little bit. 

Last year " we got to use ruggs more than just fly routes"

This year" we got to trade picks for a guy who can only do fly routes". 

It's a smart calculated risk. How many teams above us in the waiver do you really think looking at Jackson and why didn't they trade for him. You get John brown or stoner for free. Zay can go deep. We will be trading a pick just for a guy to keep safeties deep. That's it. 

McVay hardly rotates guys in. Kupp, Woods, and Higbee have all played 90% of their offensive snaps and Van Jefferson has played 75%. Cooper Kupp is on pace for a historic season so obviously Jackson isn't/wasn't going to get a ton of targets. 

He isn't what he once was but he still has a 68 yard reception and a 75 yard reception this season. He's the only player in the league this season with 2 60+ yard receptions despite only playing 100 snaps on the year.

Having a deep threat that can take the top off the defense keeps them honest. Will Fuller is a great example of this, he was never super productive but he still made a hue impact. 

The Texans offense is .59 yards per play with Fuller on the field and this season he played 564 offensive snaps (53%). Absent for 453 of the Texans offensive snaps this season, that would mean he left at least 267 yards of offense without being in the lineup. The closest regular starter behind's Fuller's yard per play was DeAndre Hopkins at .33 yards per play. 

When the Texans have Fuller on the field, Deshaun Watson turns into a much better quarterback. According to ESPN Stats, Watson’s passer rating jumps from 89.8 to 104.3 while his QBR goes from 64.4 to 77.3 with Fuller on the field.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

McVay hardly rotates guys in. Kupp, Woods, and Higbee have all played 90% of their offensive snaps and Van Jefferson has played 75%. Cooper Kupp is on pace for a historic season so obviously Jackson isn't/wasn't going to get a ton of targets. 

He isn't what he once was but he still has a 68 yard reception and a 75 yard reception this season. He's the only player in the league this season with 2 60+ yard receptions despite only playing 100 snaps on the year.

Having a deep threat that can take the top off the defense keeps them honest. Will Fuller is a great example of this, he was never super productive but he still made a hue impact. 

Again why didn't any other team trade for him. We the only team that could use him? 

Just now, dante9876 said:

Again why didn't any other team trade for him. We the only team that could use him? 

I'd assume teams knew that the Rams were going to cut him and didn't want to give up draft capital when they'd have a chance to put in a waiver claim while giving up nothing 24 hours later. Jackson asked to be let go because he wants more playing time/targets. What other good teams can he instantly step into a starting role because their WR1 just killed someone?

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd assume teams knew that the Rams were going to cut him and didn't want to give up draft capital when they'd have a chance to put in a waiver claim while giving up nothing 24 hours later. Jackson asked to be let go because he wants more playing time/targets. What other good teams can he instantly step into a starting role because their WR1 just killed someone?

So our gm is doing the same thing all the other gms around the league is doing. OK cool. Jackson wouldn't start here. He would play more but not start. 

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

So our gm is doing the same thing all the other gms around the league is doing. OK cool. Jackson wouldn't start here. He would play more but not start. 

Jackson would most definitely start for us in Ruggs role. Zay Jones played 27% of our snaps last year and 21% of our snaps this year.

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jackson signing is inevitable, and he would start for Ruggs. We need to replace that speed piece and Jackson would basically be plug and play. 

The problem is, he probably ends up on the IR after two or three games.

So pessimistic, lol. Remember how scared you were of the Broncos? Relax.

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So pessimistic, lol. Remember how scared you were of the Broncos? Relax.

Pessimistic? Replacing 4.2/4.3 speed isn ‘t easy. 

Also it’s not really pessimistic when we collapse in the second half every season. My pessimism is more warranted than your optimism. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Pessimistic? Replacing 4.2/4.3 speed isn ‘t easy. 

Also it’s not really pessimistic when we collapse in the second half every season. My pessimism is more warranted than your optimism. 

You literally said we had no chance against the big bad Broncos. It's not easy but Edwards has been playing well and will see increased volume, ideally we will also sign Desean.

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You literally said we had no chance against the big bad Broncos. It's not easy but Edwards has been playing well and will see increased volume, ideally we will also sign Desean.

I did not “literally” say we have no chance against the Broncos. I said division rivals usually split with each other if one team is not absolutely great. I also said we look like trash and spiraling downwards after the Bear game, which probably would of continued if Gruden wasn’t axed. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I did not “literally” say we have no chance against the Broncos. I said division rivals usually split with each other if one team is not absolutely great. I also said we look like trash and spiraling downwards after the Bear game, which probably would of continued if Gruden wasn’t axed. 

You were so scared about the game and acted like we'd just roll over/get destroyed. Don't move the goal posts.