Week 9 GDT: Raiders (5-2) at Giants (2-6)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Giants

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

He got 3 turnovers, I aint even about to discuss anything in favor of carr today. You don't got to fumble every time you are touched. It's the first sack in 9 qtrs and he fumbles it 

Carr sucked either way today, but that was about as clean a hit as I've seen in a while. 

That kind of hit, mid pass, is all on Miller getting beat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

He got 3 turnovers, I aint even about to discuss anything in favor of carr today. You don't got to fumble every time you are touched. It's the first sack in 9 qtrs and he fumbles it 

No way he got blasted from the blindside. Most NFL quarterbacks fumble that. Especially when they're about to start throwing.

He wasn't good at all today. But that last play was all on Miller and Jacobs especially for not recovering.

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Carr sucked either way today, but that was about as clean a hit as I've seen in a while. 

That kind of hit, mid pass, is all on Miller getting beat.

This is what I'm saying. Fumbles have a lot to do with when you are in your throwing motion and if the guys is unblocked/blindside, etc. 

To be frank today is a day you just throw the tape in the bin and move on IMO. Horrible week all round, no doubt some of the players were close with Ruggs, obviously struggled to focus and for me I'd give everyone a pass this week. Carr was awful and even guys like Renfrow made mistakes, just get back to work on the practice field and move on.......I'll give the team and coaches a Mulligan today but next week has to be better and will be a good acid test for the coaching team and Carr.

• Like 3

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

As bad of an L is that is, this is a very different team than vs ATL. We were in it till then end anyways. We can bounce back but this offense without a downfield threat at WR is not going to be the same.

The Giants defense completely erased Kelce and held the Chiefs to 20 last week. Their defensive front and secondary are good as I told numerous people on here all week. Obviously a disappointing game but not something to be completely shocked about considering the circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

To be frank today is a day you just throw the tape in the bin and move on IMO. Horrible week all round, no doubt some of the players were close with Ruggs, obviously struggled to focus and for me I'd give everyone a pass this week. Carr was awful and even guys like Renfrow made mistakes, just get back to work on the practice field and move on.......I'll give the team and coaches a Mulligan today but next week has to be better and will be a good acid test for the coaching team and Carr.

My worry is vs KC, we can run on them. But can we throw down the field if Jones/Edwards aren't able to do much? I don't think so.

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

As bad of an L is that is, this is a very different team than vs ATL. We were in it till then end anyways. We can bounce back but this offense without a downfield threat at WR is not going to be the same.

Agreed. It was a very frustrating day, but wasn't a complete crap the bed effort like in Atlanta last year.

And unlike last year, this one is kind of excusable.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Giants defense completely erased Kelce and held the Chiefs to 20 last week. Their defensive front and secondary are good as I told numerous people on here all week. Obviously a disappointing game but not something to be completely shocked about considering the circumstances. 

It's true. But we made a comedy of errors, which would have made this game a lot more winnable. Left 10 points on the board easy. 

Nope, not giving them the excuse of the Ruggs deal.

Defense balled out. Did what they had to do in holding the bum Jones down apart from scrambles.

If you can move the ball up and down the field and crap the bed in the redzone, that's not emotions. You just choked

• Like 2