Week 9 GDT: Raiders (5-2) at Giants (2-6)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Giants

Just now, NYRaider said:

I knew that the Giants were more competitive then their record indicates and that their defensive line with Lawerence, Williams, and Azeez would give us some issues. I also knew that Bradberry/Jackson, one of the best CB duos in the league, would give our depleted WR corps some issues. I thought we'd still pull out a win but knew it'd be a hard fought game.

I am a little salty, basically everything went right for them to win this game.

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Or what I've said from the very beginning is that rug impacts the offense whether he gets the ball or not. As a defense you have to play completely differently when you are playing against a 4.2 running receiver that can score in one play Regardless of who your corners are. 

That was my argument all day yesterday and you guys were saying that Zay Jones would be able to step in and make an impact. While others said losing Ruggs wouldn't really hurt us that much.

Just now, Tamar Raider said:

True, we need one of them.

Just sign both. Edwards is still developing, despite the stats. He does not get open all the time. Odel/DJax/Renfrow/Waller. Edwards spot plays as that big body receiver on third down. 

I’m desperate and frustrated at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Just sign both. Edwards is still developing, despite the stats. He does not get open all the time. Odel/DJax/Renfrow/Waller. Edwards spot plays as that big body receiver on third down. 

I’m desperate and frustrated at this point. 

Don't look now but we have the Chiefs, Bengals, and Cowboys up next.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That was my argument all day yesterday and you guys were saying that Zay Jones would be able to step in and make an impact. While others said losing Ruggs wouldn't really hurt us that much.

Actually no I mentioned in the very beginning that no matter what happens you're not going to replace the speed of henry Ruggs. 

Been pretty vocal about Ruggs' impact on the team whether or not he gets the ball. Even mentioned how it completely made sense to draft him over cd lamb even though I like cd lamb better in college. 

I was saying yesterday is it's not like Zay Jones and cant be a starter. I still think that. That said one reception and 20 yards isn't going to cut it. At the same time I heard Derek Carr wet the bed today and I personally saw him miss Brian Edwards wide open so I have to be realistic about the situation also.

18 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I didn't see enough of the game: Were they getting targeted?

That's how the defense played us. They played soft zone all game. Jackson wouldn't have done a thing for us this game. Odell maybe cause u think he can't still actually get open. But they wasn't playing much man and was in soft zone most of the game. Its a reason we was running ball at will and drake was always open. Carr was just bad and didn't read field well. Nothing to do with wrs. Jones had his man beat on interception. Waller was open when carr threw it out the endzone. Carr was just bad and some of the playcalling didn't help. 

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

That's how the defense played us. They played soft zone all game. Jackson wouldn't have done a thing for us this game. Odell maybe cause u think he can't still actually get open. But they wasn't playing much man and was in soft zone most of the game. Its a reason we was running ball at will and drake was always open. Carr was just bad and didn't read field well. Nothing to do with wrs. Jones had his man beat on interception. Waller was open when carr threw it out the endzone. Carr was just bad and some of the playcalling didn't help. 

One play that I actually saw live was when he missed Brian Edwards wide open

51 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Actually no I mentioned in the very beginning that no matter what happens you're not going to replace the speed of henry Ruggs. 

Been pretty vocal about Ruggs' impact on the team whether or not he gets the ball. Even mentioned how it completely made sense to draft him over cd lamb even though I like cd lamb better in college. 

I was saying yesterday is it's not like Zay Jones and cant be a starter. I still think that. That said one reception and 20 yards isn't going to cut it. At the same time I heard Derek Carr wet the bed today and I personally saw him miss Brian Edwards wide open so I have to be realistic about the situation also.

You guys went on and on about how Ruggs loss wouldn't have a huge impact because Zay Jones is a starting level WR who just needed more reps.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You guys went on and on about how Ruggs loss wouldn't have a huge impact because Zay Jones is a starting level WR who just needed more reps.

22 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

You can't rationalize with someone who 

1. Presents out of context stats(some that aren't even accurate)

2. probably going to switch tomorrow if theyre wrong

3. Switch perspectives halfway through the week

4. Accuse you of saying stuff that you didn't say

5. Put you on the "do not reply list" when they get embarrassed

It's the same pattern every time

@ronjon1990

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What were you arguing about Zay Jones then? You said he could be a starting level WR if he got a chance. He did today and did nothing.

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Those are 2 completely different statements.