Week 9 GDT: Titans @ Rams

TitanLegend

14 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah, I think AD can actually be a decent runner within 15 yards, but he doesn't have the long speed anymore. He's not busting 70 yard runs.

Also, building an offense around low percentage plays that might happen 10 times a year if you're lucky is just insane. Henry or no Henry.

yeah, this entire principle is extravagantly stupid with or without derrick. nick westbrook ikhine making a nice block on henry's run vs buffalo doesn't make up for him being mostly a non-factor at WR, but unfortunately we seem to believe that it does.

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, this entire principle is extravagantly stupid with or without derrick. nick westbrook ikhine making a nice block on henry's run vs buffalo doesn't make up for him being mostly a non-factor at WR, but unfortunately we seem to believe that it does.

Yeah, NWI, Rogers, and Johnson make good 5th, 6th, and 7th options, but we need about 2 guys in between AJB/Julio and those guys on the depth chart.

Surprise! Preseason fooled us all again.

Edited by TitanSS

41 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah, I think AD can actually be a decent runner within 15 yards, but he doesn't have the long speed anymore. He's not busting 70 yard runs.

Also, building an offense around low percentage plays that might happen 10 times a year if you're lucky is just insane. Henry or no Henry.

Why do people insist that it’s only about long runs? We run a ton of bunch formations and motion WR’s close to the line all the time. The WR being able to block in this offense goes way beyond long runs. 

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Why do people insist that it’s only about long runs? We run a ton of bunch formations and motion WR’s close to the line all the time. The WR being able to block in this offense goes way beyond long runs. 

WRs who contribute to a passing game that averages 7+ YPA will always be more valuable than WRs who contribute to a running game that averages 4+ YPA.

It's not up for debate lol.

Looks like we're going forward with Peterson and Foreman. 

I was kind of hoping we got Gordon so he could split carries with Henry next season and add something to the passing game. Maybe make us less predictable.

We're going to go right back to giving Henry 30 carries a game whenever he comes back. It's almost like we're trying to prove a point by making sure he gets the carries and piles on stats even when it's not necessary.

Edit: This is Gordon's final year under contract. Not likely we would want to resign him given Henry's salary already at the position.

Edited by TitanSS

25 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

WRs who contribute to a passing game that averages 7+ YPA will always be more valuable than WRs who contribute to a running game that averages 4+ YPA.

It's not up for debate lol.

We have two of those WR’s. I was simply arguing that Jackson is not a WR we would want, IMO. 

WOW...    should have just stayed away.  Even with Henry I had little hope of a win here.  Road game, bad match up. I understand to a point the frustration fans have in the type of football we play. It also seems per usual we are trying to figure out our WR's as we go.  Saying blocking was the "key" part of which WR we pick is a little extreme in my mind.  This year Reynolds was expected to be NO 2 and had 52 catches 618 yards last year. No reason to expect him to drop off from that.  Batson is very easily a NO 3 WR but is hurt.   We are talking about no 5 and 6 WR's on this depth chart in Rogers and Ikhine and people are complaining that they are not good enough to be a three...  well DUH...  

I do think though that it is a fair complaint that this off season was a fail in what they did to address WR after loosing Corey.   The high draft pick isn't on the roster and the FA signing isn't getting on the field.   They traded for Julio to address this mistake though..

For this game, same old same old from me. Bad timing on Von Miller as I would have liked to see a lot of roll outs with Tanny OUR TE's and Julio need to be effective.  Rogers and Inkhine can make plays and maybe LA will expect us to pass more so the run game just might work out better then expected but again I am on the short quick pass game to start.   Julio needs to be effective on quick routes or TE's.  

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

1 hour left. Seems like the deadline is a lot more quieter than last years. 

Yea, I just really think with our lack of some draft capital next year and the uncertainty without Henry really makes it not worth trading. I honestly am fine with holding our draft picks . Especially with losing Henry. Too much unknown.