Week 9- CARP

Johnny Nix

Should KiwiBrown be banned for his game day thread?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kiwi be banned?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hornby
    • Forgive him Lord, he knows not what he does

13 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

I just don’t know if I can justify spending $500 to take the family to a game

I have always felt that NFL teams really miss out on making the preseason very family centered. Make tickets $10 - $20 and have $5 hot dog, drinks, and chips deals. I think you would fill the stadium with families and help build the fan base for years. And kids that are younger will love going no matter what, they don't care its preseason. You also don't have to worry about staying the whole time and you can enjoy the game or walk around the stadium when needed. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

I hear ya. I’m going with my Browns buddy and our wives so it should be a fun time (both have obvious DDs). Games are getting pretty expensive tho, the kids have been wanting to go, I just don’t know if I can justify spending $500 to take the family to a game

Man, same.  I have 2 boys and they want to go but holy ish man. Tickets, parking, lunch, drinks… $500 seems almost the minimum. 

And for what? A game I can watch for free at home?

I’ll bite the bullet at some point, but I won’t be happy about it.

2 minutes ago, JDD said:

I have always felt that NFL teams really miss out on making the preseason very family centered. Make tickets $10 - $20 and have $5 hot dog, drinks, and chips deals. I think you would fill the stadium with families and help build the fan base for years. And kids that are younger will love going no matter what, they don't care its preseason. You also don't have to worry about staying the whole time and you can enjoy the game or walk around the stadium when needed. 

Not even just families, but lower income folks as well.  We may be able to swing these prices if we so choose, but many simply can’t.  

And not just preseason, but regular season.  I’m assuming they can track ticket usage, anyone not at the game by the start of the second quarter looses their seat.  The next guy can buy it for $10-$20 bucks. 

That would go along way to keeping stadiums filled, keeping things accessible to everyone, and keeping ticket prices down while still allowing teams to make money.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Man, same.  I have 2 boys and they want to go but holy ish man. Tickets, parking, lunch, drinks… $500 seems almost the minimum. 

And for what? A game I can watch for free at home?

I’ll bite the bullet at some point, but I won’t be happy about it.

That is a huge amount of money. Really makes it a upper middle class- wealthy type of privilege. 

Stadiums dont need to be state of the art. ****ty bleachers are fine, adds to the vibe. 

26 minutes ago, JDD said:

Plus, let's be real...you sucker my family into a game for like $100 and I actually go, and 90% chance my wife and kids really want to "watch a real game" and beg me for quite some time...it's essentially marketing itself at that point.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

That is a huge amount of money. Really makes it a upper middle class- wealthy type of privilege. 

Stadiums dont need to be state of the art. ****ty bleachers are fine, adds to the vibe. 

Yeah it is.  Season tickets are thousands and thousands of dollars. A middle class dude can swing it, but you’re making concessions.  

I’d rather vacation.

• Like 1

The one year I had season tickets it was $2,400 for 4 seats. I was working as an account manager so my company allowed me to give away seats and they paid for them so that was nice. I had a great time and it was something I always wanted to do so it was worth it. I went to 7 of the 8 home games so I got my money's worth. Only game I didn't go to was the steelers game, which is funny because I've never been to one of them before. But we were busy that weekend and I got my money back from the place I worked. 

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah it is.  Season tickets are thousands and thousands of dollars. A middle class dude can swing it, but you’re making concessions.  

I’d rather vacation.

I make the conscious decision to do a monthly jam job with DirecTV and purchase the Sunday Ticket, costing me about $125 a month for 2 years, including internet, which I was paying ~$60 a month for anyway. So, I'll go ahead and watch every game from my living room instead of going to watch in person, spending infinitely more, and having it take up a full day of travel.

Don't get me wrong, at some point I'll go again with my brother and/or a friend, but that's more like an every few year thing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

So how you Brownie fans feeling about this one? I really think this one is gonna be super close and physical, down to the wire. Both teams lost last week, who wants it more?

I have a strong suspicion that Burrow throws for 350+ against our soft zone defense and somehow the Browns also find their rhythm offensively after being crushed in the media all week. I've got a high scoring game in this one, and flip a coin for the outcome. 

We'll see how Myles and Clowney do against that Cincinnati OL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I have a strong suspicion that Burrow throws for 350+ against our soft zone defense and somehow the Browns also find their rhythm offensively after being crushed in the media all week. I've got a high scoring game in this one, and flip a coin for the outcome. 

We'll see how Myles and Clowney do against that Cincinnati OL.

I fully expect a lot of help in pass protection against Myles. 

5 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

I hear ya. I’m going with my Browns buddy and our wives so it should be a fun time (both have obvious DDs). Games are getting pretty expensive tho, the kids have been wanting to go, I just don’t know if I can justify spending $500 to take the family to a game

Out-of-nowhere jug-flex, but 🤷‍♂️

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952a45d1c365b0e71cc9

They sound like sweet ladies.

• Like 2