The Playoff Chase

pwny

Normally week 8 is about when I end up having to create a thread dedicated to our pole position for the #1 pick. This year, as the Jaguars sit at 4-3, tied atop the mediocre AFC South, instead we will switch to a discussion about playoff status.

Current playoff seeding would have the Jaguars grabbing the last Wild Card spot, and heading to Kansas City for a date with the Chiefs.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

This is a weird chart at first glance, but i like it.

For others who may be confused as well. Basically, given position of teams, a win against Cincy would raise our playoff probability by 19%, to what looks to be ~82%. 

36 minutes ago, iPwn said:

For others who may be confused as well. Basically, given position of teams, a win against Cincy would raise our playoff probability by 19%, to what looks to be ~82%. 

Seems kind of high being just 5-3 (with TEN having a chance to also be 5-3).

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Seems kind of high being just 5-3 (with TEN having a chance to also be 5-3).

It probably is.  Because it's the Jaguars, and then can always disappoint in ways you didn't even think possible.  But...strength of schedule-wise, you have to keep in mind that the only teams with a winning record left on our schedule are that meeting vs Seattle, and a head-to-head with the Titans late.  Everyone else we play is a losing/non-playoff team basically.  As far as the records look right now at least...

Just now, VLoo said:

Beyond records, I'm pretty sure our remaining schedule ranks 32nd in DVOA... So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

Stanton, Browns QB, Brissett, Savage, Beathard still on the schedule.

Archived