The Playoff Chase

pwny

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

What a great season this has been. After watching the pre-season, not knowing who our QB was going to be, the O-Line looked atrocious and here we are week 14, talking about playoff clinching scenarios. I needed this, we all needed this. 

I still don't even understand how we got here, or believe that we're actually here.

11 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I needed this, we all needed this. 

Ain’t that the truth.

And like you were showing with everything up to preseason, not a damn thing about this actually makes sense. Aside from Blake throwing 5 picks in one practice, we never even got an inkling that the defense was going to be even slightly better than average. There was nothing the OL showed that suggested it wasn’t going to be a disaster. The passing game looked like we would have been better off starting a random guy off the street.

And yet everything is far better than it looked to be. The passing game hasn’t been *good*, but somehow that isn’t the completely ish show it looked like it would have turned out to be. The run game has been fantastic most of the time. The defense is teetering on all time great status.

None of this makes any sense.

3 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Also, that's football. I always try to factor a bit of randomness in when I'm looking at/talking about football, because at the end of the day there is a lot of randomness and there are a lot of variables.

I guess. But usually there’s signs somewhere. Those just weren’t there. We got verification that Bouye was good and that Ramsey had gotten better. But everything else was same ol’ Jags. Even the joint practice with the Pats just ended with everyone thinking “yeah, this team has a long way to go”.

Winning one of the next two, then beating the Titans wins the division.

Beating the Texans and 49ers wins the division before week 17 if the Titans lose a game (vs Rams?)

Winning out + Steelers losing to Ravens in the current game and Patriots next week grants us the 2 seed.

10 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Winning one of the next two, then beating the Titans wins the division.

Beating the Texans and 49ers wins the division before week 17 if the Titans lose a game (vs Rams?)

Winning out + Steelers losing to Ravens in the current game and Patriots next week grants us the 2 seed.

How would we get that 1 seed?

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

How would we get that 1 seed?

Before I start, note there’s only about a 3% chance of this happening.

Jaguars have to win out and the Steelers and Patriots both have to lose 2 out of their 4 games.

Steelers play Ravens (on now), Patriots, Texans and Browns.

Patriots play Dolphins (tomorrow), Steelers, Bills and Jets.

Hard to find two wins for opponents for each you could be confident with. Steelers lose to Ravens and Texans. Patriots lose to Steelers and...Bills?

Also need to note that if we win out and *either* of them lose two games, we get the 2 seed. I just picked the Steelers losing the next two as it seemed the most possible.

Just now, iPwn said:

Before I start, note there’s only about a 3% chance of this happening.

Jaguars have to win out and the Steelers and Patriots both have to lose 2 out of their 4 games.

Steelers play Ravens (on now), Patriots, Texans and Browns.

Patriots play Dolphins (tomorrow), Steelers, Bills and Jets.

Hard to find two wins for opponents for each you could be confident with. Steelers lose to Ravens and Texans. Patriots lose to Steelers and...Bills?

Also need to note that if we win out and *either* of them lose two games, we get the 2 seed. I just picked the Steelers losing the next two as it seemed the most possible.

i would laugh so hard if the browns upset the steelers and the jets beat the pats. 

browns gotta win a game at some point.

Archived