Raiders Reportedly Will Sign Desean Jackson

NYRaider

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why don't we just trade them a 6th or 7th for him if we really want him. Worth it to stop him hitting the waiver if he's prepared to reduce his salary cap.......... He gets to go so where he might want, Browns get a draft pick, we get a troublesome phenom 😀

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Why don't we just trade them a 6th or 7th for him if we really want him. Worth it to stop him hitting the waiver if he's prepared to reduce his salary cap.......... He gets to go so where he might want, Browns get a draft pick, we get a troublesome phenom 😀

Trade deadline has passed. Awkward timing of the whole thing, where everything seems to have kicked off right on the deadline.

• Like 2

Just now, Nightmare said:

Trade deadline has passed. Awkward timing of the whole thing, where everything seems to have kicked off right on the deadline.

Ah, of course! 😁 Silly me!

Yep, the timing is just unfavourable for us.......

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

They had discussions with teams before the deadline, not sure why it didn't go through even for a pick in 2023 which would have been better than nothing. Cleveland really handled that poorly.

Right I was thinking the same thing. Because it's like at least before they could've chose where he goes so that they wouldn't have to play him again now there's a potential that they could be playing him in a game that will decide whether or not they make the playoffs.

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Finding teams to take on that money at this time is hard and the reason why they didn’t trade him. The restructure was done in a way so OBJ doesn’t get to pick his own landing spot. 

They've agreed to pay most of his contract now so they should have done it to get a pick back via trade when it was still a possibility.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Right I was thinking the same thing. Because it's like at least before they could've chose where he goes so that they wouldn't have to play him again now there's a potential that they could be playing him in a game that will decide whether or not they make the playoffs.

Yeah, the Saints are one of the teams they had discussions with. I didn't see any reports about the others but they were probably all in the NFC.

28 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

The trade deadline was Tuesday.

19 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yep, the timing is just unfavourable for us.......

Yeah the Ruggs incident literally happened at the absolute worst possible time because it really gave the team zero time to pivot and add someone else. Although I'd say the fact that we could potentially acquire Desean Jackson or OBJ days after could be a god send. Although at this rate I don't think we're getting either.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Yeah, the Saints are one of the teams they had discussions with. I didn't see any reports about the others but they were probably all in the NFC.

The Saints were probably who they wanted him to go to. There he has no chance of being successful. And even if he was its an NFC team

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

The Saints were probably who they wanted him to go to. There he has no chance of being successful. And even if he was its an NFC team

I'd guess the Saints were a viable trade partner because that was his preferred destination since he's from Louisiana and went to LSU. And I wouldn't say that he'd have no chance of being successful with the Saints. Sean Payton is one of the best coaches in the league and despite their QB woes this year they're 5-2 averaging 25 ppg.