Raiders Reportedly Will Sign Desean Jackson

NYRaider

33 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

No doubt but defenses still have to respect his speed.

No disagreement here. I'll admit I haven't watched a lot of him lately (bc he's not getting thrown to being part of it) so how much of that speed still remains at his current age? I just hope we don't look at this as a long term thing.... even a two year thing unless he just goes ballistic.

44 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Absolutely disagree. Ruggs >>> Jackson. If it was 2016 though, maybe. Jackson is a shell of his former self

Ruggs is far superior to Jackson.  DJax old, injury prone and like you say is a shell of his former self. Meh...

I also want to steer clear of OBJ.  He's a sexy name who hasn't preformed in years and while I do agree Baker is a bum, OBJ once again has left on bad terms, just as he did in NY and completely quit on the Browns.   He's a diva WR who is not a great route runner and will be a headache if he is not getting targets. Pass....

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

No disagreement here. I'll admit I haven't watched a lot of him lately (bc he's not getting thrown to being part of it) so how much of that speed still remains at his current age? I just hope we don't look at this as a long term thing.... even a two year thing unless he just goes ballistic.

Yeah, it's just an emergency signing for this year imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Ruggs is far superior to Jackson.  DJax old, injury prone and like you say is a shell of his former self. Meh...

I also want to steer clear of OBJ.  He's a sexy name who hasn't preformed in years and while I do agree Baker is a bum, OBJ once again has left on bad terms, just as he did in NY and completely quit on the Browns.   He's a diva WR who is not a great route runner and will be a headache if he is not getting targets. Pass....

So what do you want to do since you don't like the current WR group either?

8 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

So what do you want to do since you don't like the current WR group either?

Roll with what we have. 

Our lack of depth should have been addressed during the offseason.  I said this could potentially happen as we have zero depth at WR now here we are rolling out Jones. 

DJax and OBJ are not the answer to our WR problems.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Did anyone ever sign John Brown? I honestly would've preferred going back after him then DJax

He was on Denver's PS for a few weeks but they released him last week iirc. Don't think anyone signed him since.

• Like 1

I don't think we had a lack of depth at WR going into the season.

We had Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow, Jones, Brown and Snead. There's no true #1 there, but by most accounts that's a strong WR group of varying skillsets and experience.

It's unfortunate in hindsight that both Brown and Snead sought their releases due to lack of playing time, before this mess happened with Ruggs - but I think going into the season we looked absolutely fine at WR.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I don't think we had a lack of depth at WR going into the season.

We had Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow, Jones, Brown and Snead. There's no true #1 there, but by most accounts that's a strong WR group of varying skillsets and experience.

It's unfortunate in hindsight that both Brown and Snead sought their releases due to lack of playing time, before this mess happened with Ruggs - but I think going into the season we looked absolutely fine at WR.

That they felt they deserved meaningful playing time in the first place is hilariously delusional.

They're fringe roster guys some wanted to pimp up as legit WRs the offense would take steps forward with lol. 

Both were bad and lackluster signings when we made them to begin with. But that's Grudock for ya.

Edited by ronjon1990

Definitely agree we were fine going into the season. Inexperienced?? Absolutely but we had the potential and it turns out those guys would make strides to reaching that potential.... Then the **** happened. 

Will be interesting to see who we look at next year. That's then though. We still are in front and lost a key piece but that doesn't mean we can't overcome it and still make this season a good one. Today will tell us a little bit about what to expect

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

That they felt they deserved meaningful playing time in the first place is hilariously delusional.

They're fringe roster guys some wanted to pimp up as legit WRs the offense would take steps forward with lol. 

Be that as it may, Brown & Snead as 4th/5th/6th options isn't an indictment of a weak WR group.

• Like 1