GDT 11/11/21 Week 10: 6-2 Baltimore Ravens vs 2-7 Miami Dolphins

DreamKid

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

can someone help me understand why Jimmy Smith is just like not playing?

Especially when we have multiple huge blown coverages a game.

Like, say what you want about his injuries, but Jimmy isn’t gonna be leaving the opposing WRs wide open like we have been all year 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Harbaugh: "We were not prepared the way we needed to be prepared. Our schemes were not up to snuff"

The guy has been HC in the league for 14 years and yet has no clue how to handle big blitzes and cover 0? 

Coaches around the league must be laughing at our incompetence today. 

I'd put that on Roman and the offense as a whole more than Harbaugh. John is a CEO type coach, he isn't crazy involved in the offensive or defensive gameplanning.

Have to think he assumed Roman/Lamar/the OL/WRs would have plays installed and be capable of beating a zero blitz every play.

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Especially when we have multiple huge blown coverages a game.

Like, say what you want about his injuries, but Jimmy isn’t gonna be leaving the opposing WRs wide open like we have been all year 

Seriously. He may not be the same CB he was once was, but he can DEFINITELY play Safety for us and not blow coverages left and right, and he's actually good tackler, too!

21 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

just saying, but this O has a clear tendency to let the play clock run down to to basically zero. which makes it incredible easy to time the snap for the D. should maybe think about varying that a bit won't you.

It seemed like the plays were coming in late all game long.

Getting to the line earlier would enable Lamar and the offense to make adjustments. For instance there was a play that Troy Aikman commented on where the defense was leaving the middle of the field wide open, and our 2 receiver both ran out-breaking routes. Lamar has to see that and adjust one of the routes over the middle. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

It seemed like the plays were coming in late all game long.

Getting to the line earlier would enable Lamar and the offense to make adjustments. For instance there was a play that Troy Aikman commented on where the defense was leaving the middle of the field wide open, and our 2 receiver both ran out-breaking routes. Lamar has to see that and adjust one of the routes over the middle. 

Its been a tendency for many games now, just getting worse. 

should expect your OC to understand this could be problematic but here we are.

• Like 1

There aren't many positives from last night but let's try to focus on some. 

Bateman still looks good and has a great set of "Fitzy" hands on him. 

Queen played one of his best games as a pro and has looked great in his new role. 

Averett has earned every bit of a solid deal and he's a must sign to have back in Baltimore. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel

16 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

can someone help me understand why Jimmy Smith is just like not playing?

I would have wondered whether it was because they were putting him on a snap count because of his injury-proneness and were saving him for match-ups against big WRs (especially after last week), but then you'd think that he would have been perfect to line up against Gesicki this week, so who knows what's going on...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, drd23 said:

I would have wondered whether it was because they were putting him on a snap count because of his injury-proneness and were saving him for match-ups against big WRs (especially after last week), but then you'd think that he would have been perfect to line up against Gesicki this week, so who knows what's going on...

Yeah my brother texted me and wanted to start Gesicki but I said no because Jimmy Smith would likely be shadowing him. Of course that didn't happen and in reality it was Marlon who shadowed him but ultimately it left us completely exposed elsewhere. I don't understand why he's completely disappeared unless he's just not healthy.