Ghosts of Meme Mafia Mafia - GAME CANCELLED. HOST WAS TOO INFECTED

Whicker

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

how do you get "roleblocked" when you don't have a role??  There is no role to block, thus you were not roleblocked.

you can't block something that does not exist

The action still happens does it not? If a watcher watches someone that doesnt do anything they get told as such... the move does not have to DO anything, but it was a move that was used and, IMO, we should have been told we were roleblocked. 

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

how do you get "roleblocked" when you don't have a role??  There is no role to block, thus you were not roleblocked.

you can't block something that does not exist

I agree, but I can understand how and why Slappy does what he does. I very much welcome insight into how other hosts operate. I basically just tried to be a compilation of Dome, Bcb, Malf, and Nacho when I host so I might as well as Slappy too!

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I can say, with 100% certainty, that barring some major IRL stuff going on, I will ALWAYS chomp at the bit to play in a game you host, friend. :) 

That’s good to hear because I’m still running Mass Effect Mafia at some point and it’s going to be great. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I’ll just try and be even more specific when I’m writing roles (assuming anyone ever wants me as a host again LOL) and state outright what kind of results you’ll receive at night. 

Not your fault. I have been out of the mafia game for a while and I always seem to host/view things a little differently that others. Most of the time I'm the minority in the situation, so don't change anything on my account. @Malfatron could have helped me out a little with my blunder. ;)

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The action still happens does it not? If a watcher watches someone that doesnt do anything they get told as such... the move does not have to DO anything, but it was a move that was used and, IMO, we should have been told we were roleblocked. 

so you would tell a commuter they were roleblocked? even though nothing changed in their night move action/ability

You would tell a passive bulletproof they were roleblocked? even though nothing changed in their night move action/ability

Just now, squire12 said:

so you would tell a commuter they were roleblocked

I specifically stated that if a player commuted the move would fail. The commuted players ability would take precident. 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

You would tell a passive bulletproof they were roleblocked? even though nothing changed in their night move action/ability

Yes I would. 

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Your logic makes sense, believe me. 

Basically my logic is like: Every player in the “town” goes to their “house” at night. If they use a move, they leave their house and visit another. A roleblock is basically a lock on the door. If they can’t leave they can’t perform their role. But if they never even try to leave then they never even knew the door was locked 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

@squire12 I guess my point is that that "prevented" the roleblock and thus, if i was hosting, it would have worked. (Wouldnt have done ****, but would have worked)

so in a closed game of what roles are in play.  Telling a vanilla town that they were roleblocked or jailed or redirected would be providing information that they could share that would be otherwise unknown since it did not change their expected night results.  That seems like a big win for town that is not necessary

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Not your fault. I have been out of the mafia game for a while and I always seem to host/view things a little differently that others. Most of the time I'm the minority in the situation, so don't change anything on my account. @Malfatron could have helped me out a little with my blunder. ;)

It’s not about changing my ways (although hey, who knows??) but more about trying to be as clear and specific as possible with roles so that people in general are not confused by mechanics that IMO should not be major players in a mafia game. 

Just now, squire12 said:

so in a closed game of what roles are in play.  Telling a vanilla town that they were roleblocked or jailed or redirected would be providing information that they could share that would be otherwise unknown since it did not change their expected night results.  That seems like a big win for town that is not necessary

And on the flipside, it gave mafia an advantage that either Malf/I had a passive ability or we commuted. 

That's a double edged sword. 

I understand why Whicker did it though. 

• Like 1