Mason is so uninspiring...

mwalker

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

She has had a problem with the Steelers all year. I had to stop following her. It's too obvious she either has a problem with them or understands that she gets clicks and responses out of them.

Hope she comments about baker mayfield wearing headphones during warmups next week (they will be connected to his phone). Or Joe Burrow. Or 98% of the rest of the NFL. 

Picking on the Steelers third string guy for most likely doing it too? Nah, Aditi is working angles on Steelers fans and I am over it. 

I don’t disagree that she’s become worse, and her original post left out the checking his phone has been a habit. But if there was ever a time to make a switch yesterday was it. I just feel not dressing Dobbs, who at least can stress a bad run defense by…being a runner, is a problem from coaching to FO. Especially when Mason has shown enough to know he’s not the answer. Even as a backup. He’s the new Landry Jones and won’t be on a roster after we let him go. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I don’t disagree that she’s become worse, and her original post left out the checking his phone has been a habit. But if there was ever a time to make a switch yesterday was it. I just feel not dressing Dobbs, who at least can stress a bad run defense by…being a runner, is a problem from coaching to FO. Especially when Mason has shown enough to know he’s not the answer. Even as a backup. He’s the new Landry Jones and won’t be on a roster after we let him go. 

Isnt he in IR though? 

I thought he got hurt and it was the perfect way to keep all 4. Could be wrong with that though. 

7 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Isnt he in IR though? 

I thought he got hurt and it was the perfect way to keep all 4. Could be wrong with that though. 

Didn't even realize.  LOL.  

I know this past week was too short to adjust, but I don't get not keeping a mobile QB on the PS and protect them.  For all the talk that Tomlin had about needing mobility and the accountability issues it creates, he certainly hasn't done much to pound the table for it.  I was a fan of the thought of trade up for Fields this year.  Trace McSorley is on Baltimore's PS and I don't think they've been protecting him.  I know we both liked the idea of Minshew, and we gave up more for a guy not getting a hat.  

I get this random gut feeling that Taysom Hill is gonna be who they target in the offseason.  I think he's learned he's not the guy in NO, Tomlin wants mobility, and he's more of a stopgap.  Mariota fits more the "Tommy Maddox" format of former high pick that went to backup and could see a later career boom.  I bet Rodgers and Wilson trade rumors will surround us all year too.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

liked the idea of Minshew

My king! 

I was also a fan of the idea to trade up for Fields. I still think he was the #2 guy in the draft and at some point you just gotta go get someone like that. 

I honestly have no clue what they will do at QB and I would be extremely afraid of attaching Matt Canada to the decision if it’s a rookie. I’d rather see us go the vet route for the short term and build around more mobility for a raised floor….but I just don’t know. 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

My king! 

I was also a fan of the idea to trade up for Fields. I still think he was the #2 guy in the draft and at some point you just gotta go get someone like that. 

I honestly have no clue what they will do at QB and I would be extremely afraid of attaching Matt Canada to the decision if it’s a rookie. I’d rather see us go the vet route for the short term and build around more mobility for a raised floor….but I just don’t know. 

I think it goes like this:

Plan A - Give up 3 1sts and 2 2nd for Wilson or 1 1st and 3 2nds for Rodgers

Plan B - See if any unexpected cuts to older QBs happen. 

Plan C - Mariota or Hill on a 3 year deal. 

Plan D - Tied to C is get that and draft a 3rd round mobile QB. 

Plan E - Draft a QB in the 1st

Plan F - Get Watson

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think it goes like this:

Plan A - Give up 3 1sts and 2 2nd for Wilson or 1 1st and 3 2nds for Rodgers

Plan B - See if any unexpected cuts to older QBs happen. 

Plan C - Mariota or Hill on a 3 year deal. 

Plan D - Tied to C is get that and draft a 3rd round mobile QB. 

Plan E - Draft a QB in the 1st

Plan F - Get Watson

My preference would be Rodgers, then the scenario where Rodgers goes to LV and they trade us Carr, or seeing if there’s is a mobile QB who might be available in the 2-3 rounds and attaching them with a Marriotta. 

And I hated saying that last sentence. 

I just keep looking at Mac Jones and thinking how nice it is to have an OC worth anything. Isn’t flashy, no big arm…but on time, stays in rhythm, accurate, good instinctual feel for the position, doesn’t turn it over constantly. Just operates an offense efficiently and keeps it moving. I was really hoping Canada could help us be able to find a Mediocre talent and get the most out of him while we grabbed a CB in the FA and took a front 7 player in the top 2 rounds and just got back to an elite D with an offense that was good enough. Rudolph for sure isn’t that guy, not sure Canada is either, Haskins doesn’t fit that mold and Tomlin won’t stop talking about scrambling QBs….sigh…..

People( not me) did not like Mac Jones because he was a pocket passer.  Highest floor and lowest ceiling for ll the QBs in the last draft.

I do not blame Canada yet.  They said Canada only changed the running plays.  He did not touch the passing plays.

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

People did not like Mac Jones because he was a pocket passer.  Highest floor and lowest ceiling for ll the QBs in the last draft.

I do not blame Canada yet.  They said Canada only changed the running plays.  He did not touch the passing plays.

I feel like someone warned of this in the offseason. Oh that was me.