Week 9 - Rams at Giants

RamRod

@jrry32 I know you referenced the QB's taken 1 and 2 in the draft a lot and some of the success and busts in it. Saw this on reddit and stealing it to post here after the 1st time ever the QB's taken 1 and 2 in the same draft threw 4 TD's on the same day. Not surprising looking at the list but still damned impressive.

For those wondering, there have been eight instances in NFL history of two quarterbacks being taken 1st and 2nd in the same NFL draft.

1st: Bobby Garrett (Cleveland Browns) - Played in only 9 career games

2nd: Lamar McHan (Chicago Cardinals) - 70 career starts

1st: Jim Plunkett (Boston Patriots) - 144 career starts, 25,882 yards, 164 TDs, 2x Super Bowl Champion

2nd: Archie Manning (New Orleans Saints) - 139 career starts, 23,911 yards, 125 TDs

1st: Drew Bledsoe (New England Patriots) - 193 career starts, 44,611 yards, 251 TDs, 1x Super Bowl Champion

2nd: Rick Mirer (Seattle Seahawks) - 68 career starts, 22-44 record as a starter, more Interceptions than Touchdowns

1st: Peyton Manning (Indianapolis Colts) - Probable 1st ballot Hall of Famer, 2x Super Bowl Champion, 71,940 yards, 539 TDs, 265 starts

2nd: Ryan Leaf (San Diego Chargers) - 21 career starts, 4-17-0 record, 14 TDs and 36 INTs

1st: Tim Couch (Cleveland Browns) - 59 career starts, 22-37-0 record, more INTs than TDs

2nd: Donovan McNabb (Philadelphia Eagles) - 161 career starts, 98-62-1 record, 37,276 yards, 234 TDs

1st: Andrew Luck (Indianapolis Colts) - 70 career starts, 43-27-0, 19,078 yards, 132 TDs

2nd: Robert Griffin III (Washington Redskins) - 40 career starts, 6-19-0 since 2012.

1st: Jameis Winston (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

2nd: Marcus Mariota (Tennessee Titans)

1st: Jared Goff (Los Angeles Rams)

2nd: Carson Wentz (Philadelphia Eagles)

I know I'm late and it's over but dang!! Rams dominated the crap out of that game! So fun to watch them absolutely destroy of of the "top defenses" in the league. I'm telling you guys...this is our year. We're going to the Super Bowl. Redemption game vs Pats! ;) 

1 hour ago, RamPackFan said:

I know I'm late and it's over but dang!! Rams dominated the crap out of that game! So fun to watch them absolutely destroy of of the "top defenses" in the league. I'm telling you guys...this is our year. We're going to the Super Bowl. Redemption game vs Pats! ;) 

Whose been saying they are a top defense?

1 hour ago, RamPackFan said:

huh? Everyone (sports taking heads,etc) has talked about how good the Giants defense is since LAST season. 

I haven't watched them a whole lot but I can't picture too many people talking about how a 1-win team has a top defense.

26 minutes ago, RamRod said:

I haven't watched them a whole lot but I can't picture too many people talking about how a 1-win team has a top defense.

Well, Denver was considered #1 and they don't exactly have a winning record.  I believe our defense is better than Denver's

17 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

Well, Denver was considered #1 and they don't exactly have a winning record.  I believe our defense is better than Denver's

Well, to start the year they were projected to be one of the Top Defenses, Ill give you that. But they have not been thought of as that for a while now. Especially this week with JJ suspended and some other guys hurt. 

And that team has down right quit on McAdoo. We went on the road (west going east) and took care of business like a good team should have. But that Giants team is done.

Archived