Halo TV Show (Paramount+ 2022) - Canceled after two seasons at Paramount. To be shopped to other streamers.

MikeT14

40 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The worst episode yet… ugh. My hopes for this are dwindling quickly. How many episodes left in this season?

10 total

I wasnt a big fan of this episode, but I liked the previous ones. It got me excited enough to go buy an XSX so I can play Halo Infinity :shrugs:

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Is it worth watching? I really hate her storyline.

Echoing what others said, its not a great episode, but if you dont watch it you will continue to be like "WTF is she even in this show for?!?!"

On 5/6/2022 at 9:27 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

Is a "Protector" something from Halo lore? I've watched some videos on YouTube about the world and haven't heard about it. It does add some intrigue to Kwan's storyline but I kept hoping they would switch to the other one. Those mystics' costumes were pretty bad, too.

Hide contents

I wonder if her family is responsible with protecting some forerunner or precursor tech?

To be honest, by and large, I sort of feel like this plotline helped keep the show production budget down, IMO.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 7:45 AM, Acgott said:

They forgot to add in the aliens for this episode…

On 5/5/2022 at 7:16 AM, Acgott said:

Weird they forgot the aliens and pretty much Master Chief for that episode

They forgot the aliens again, but at least something happened.

That last bit of the episode was nice imo. Showcased how multiple events converging can result in catastrophe. Halsey *needing* to always be involved, her failsafe, and she ends up basically being responsible for what's going to happen.

My prediction

Spoiler

I could be wrong, but I believe they are on Reach, no? John had broken through with Makee to convert her, but in that moment when she's being tortured she believes that humanity can't be saved in spite of some individuals like John, and her touching the artifact was a means of sending out a communication to the other artifact under Covenant control, leading the Covenant to arrive to the planet and glass it. This would also set up the potential deaths of all the other Spartans (if they go that route) with the fall of Reach... or they can have Riz and Vannick escape with Halsey - from what I remember in the books she had fled with a few of the Spartans, not sure what ultimately happens and tbh I never even finished the full Halo franchise myself.

I see arriving at Halo as the final scene of the season, and Season 2 basically being Halo: Combat Evolved, with Keyes following his storyline along with the introduction of the flood.

50 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I think they are doing a great job with Cortana, by far the most interesting part of the show for me.  

I agree. So far, her playout and path has been better than expected. 

• Like 1