49ers pick possibilities

biggbrd

What to do with the 49ers pick?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What do you see as the most likely outcome?

• Patriots keep pick
    • Patriots trade pick alone prior to 2017 deadline
    • Patriots trade pick + player prior to 2017 deadline
    • Patriots trade pick at/prior to 2018 draft
    • Patriots trade pick for LB nobody has really heard of, but is a "special teams ace"
  2. 2. If the Patriots do trade the pick this year, what position do you want to see?

• LB
    • DE
    • DT
    • OL
    • TE
    • WR
    • QB (Ha...)

Hey all,

I think pretty much everybody was caught off guard by this trade, myself included. But what does Bill do with the 9ers pick now? It's presumably going to be reasonably high, as I don't think anybody expects Jimmy to win out or anything. Should we just keep it and get ourselves a cost controlled contract for the next few years, or should we trade it? If we trade it, should we trade it now to help out our defense, or should we wait until prior to the draft and trade up for some blue chipper? Interested to hear your thoughts!

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Patriots trade up? lol. 

Haha trading down then? Trade-ups have happened before, and if Belichik feels it is the right move for the right prospect, he'll do it. Impossible to know now who will be available, but I guess the root of the question is whether we trade the pick now or keep it. I think most people would agree that adding some pass rush to this D would be a significant help, but with us only having ~$5mil of cap space, our options are potentially limited. We could free up some more space I'm sure, but not sure who is available and worth it!

2 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Pats send it to Miami for Landry.

Rumours floating around to this effect. He's in a contract year this year, correct? If it were done, I doubt it would be a straight up swap, but would expect it to be something more like Landry + mid-low round pick for the 2nd or something similar. But then, I have no real idea about valuing trades and am just guessing :P

Would you be keen for that trade as a Dolphins fan? Not sure that I would as a Pats fan given the issues on D, but hey, more weapons is a good thing.

Welp, I guess we won't be trading for a DL as all the rumours suggested, unless there is still something waiting to come out. Seems unlikely though. Guess we just have to wait and see whether it gets used in its original slot or gets traded!

51 minutes ago, biggbrd said:

Welp, I guess we won't be trading for a DL as all the rumours suggested, unless there is still something waiting to come out. Seems unlikely though. Guess we just have to wait and see whether it gets used in its original slot or gets traded!

Trade deadline was over at 4... Would have come out by now

Archived