The Last Fan on Earth - DABOYLE WINS

Dome

Covert Operations

During an the end of the world survival scenario things like food, shelter and water are going to become obvious priorities. If other survivors are competing for those same resources you might need to make quick allies or enemies to make sure you get yours. 

This competition is a very simple mind exercise for people to consider how they would react (or like to react) to a given scenario. There are no right or wrong answers.

The competitive aspect of the competition comes in the way of subterfuge. As you spend time thinking about and answering these 3 questions your competitors will be doing the same. Once everyone submits their answers I will post them all in a random order and ask each player to match up each answer to it's author.

The competitor that has his answers linked to him the most amount of times will be eliminated from TLFoE. Matching your own answers to yourself wont count against you, of course.

If there is a tie, the players in the tie will play in an espionage related trivia game.

Questions:

1. You're on a ridge just before nightfall, overlooking a recently abandoned ghost town. It looks like the residents left in a hurry, with lights still on and sprinklers still going even a week after the event. There's sure to be a wealth of food and supplies down there, but you can see a group of three strangers almost a mile down the road slowly making their way towards the town as well. From this distance you can't tell if they're armed, even with your rifle scope. You have three rounds in your magazine. How do you proceed? 

2. You're in the Alaskan wilderness and need to find food for the day, preferably longer. You have a 10" bowie knife, a 8' section of fishing net, a recurve bow. Where do you begin your search for a meal? When you catch/harvest your target species how will you prepare it?

3. You're traveling the countryside during a zombie apocalypse in a group of three. At night someone stumbles into your roadside camp offering to trade a gallon of diesel fuel for some food. You can see the jar he has the fuel sloshing around in is nowhere near a gallon. The man is very drunk but not combative and seems friendly. Someone in your group pats their machete to show you they are ready for anything. How do you negotiate with the drunk man?
Edited by Dome

@Pickle Rick @Daboyle @Malfatron @Tk3 @bcb1213

Here are 15 answers. Send me a list that pairs each answer with it's author.

The player who gets their answers matched to them the most amount of times will be eliminated.

1. No deal and steal the jug later.
  2. The river. Start a fire
  3. Watch and see what happens to three men. If they come out alive, go through and find things. Big town
  4. I shoot the biggest guy in the nuts to send a clear message that the town is mine
  5. Give the man some food. Oil is probably **** anyhow. The more people that we have to combat a zombie horde, the bigger chance of survival
  6. Strip naked and run at them screaming like a madman
  7. I would catch fish. Then I would eat them.
  8. I'd go to the closest body of water and catch as many fish as I can. Once I feel like I have a sufficient amount, I will cook it over an open fire, ensuring have enough food to last me for a little while.
  9. Shoot the strangers. More for me.
  10. Our Group is a Democracy and we will put it to a Vote
  11. Proceed with caution. If you see they're armed, take them down. Otherwise, try to grab as much food as you can without gaining attention.
  12. Put the fishing net in the water. Shoot a dear and clean it with the knife. Make vennison steaks.
  13. I'll offer a little bit of food to trade because that's clearly not a full gallon. If the man becomes combative or does not allow negotiation, we knock his drunk *** out and steal his diesel fuel.
  14. I would find the nearest stream and fish for a while while watching for animals like deer to come for a drink and if they did I would use the bow to kill them. What ever meat it is i would start a fire and use sticks to cook it over the fire.
  15. It's the zombie apocalypse, there is no negotiating. I would run a machete through him and take his diesel fuel

Please do this before 11pm EST on Friday. 

The second player that submitted was @Tk3.. here were his correct guesses:

Pickle: I shoot the biggest guy in the nuts to send a clear message that the town is mine.

Daboyle: I'd go to the closest body of water and catch as many fish as I can. Once I feel like I have a sufficient amount, I will cook it over an open fire, ensuring have enough food to last me for a little while.

Bcb: Give the man some food. Oil is probably **** anyhow. The more people that we have to combat a zombie horde, the bigger chance of survival.

Points (bad):

Pickle - 1 
Daboyle - 1 
Bcb - 1

• Like 1

The third player that submitted was @bcb1213.. here were his correct guesses:

Pickle: I shoot the biggest guy in the nuts to send a clear message that the town is mine.

Malf: Shoot the strangers. More for me. 

Points (bad):

Pickle - 2
Daboyle - 1 
Bcb - 1
Malf - 1

• Like 1

The fourth player that submitted was @Malfatron.. here were his correct guesses:

Daboyle: I'd go to the closest body of water and catch as many fish as I can. Once I feel like I have a sufficient amount, I will cook it over an open fire, ensuring have enough food to last me for a little while.

Bcb: Give the man some food. Oil is probably **** anyhow. The more people that we have to combat a zombie horde, the bigger chance of survival.

Points (bad):

Pickle - 3
Daboyle - 2 
Bcb - 2
Malf - 1

• Like 1