Giants (3-6) @ Bucs (6-3) Monday Night Football

bucsfan333

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

JTS > 25 defensive snaps is all I want to see this point.  He is 2nd on the team in sacks.  Am I hopeful? Absolutely not.  JTS does not pass the money test.

tenor.gif

Yea that was seriously some of the dumbest **** i've heard when Foote said that...  (I think it was Foote).

Hopefully they see that a full strength rookie JTS is better than a half strength injured JPP.   I would still say JPP is better at his condition than JTS in the run game.  JTS gets washed out a lot on the edge.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Sure hope Gronk is healthy.  Not sure it is a coincidence the offense has been less effective with him out.

It would be foolish to re sign Howard in the offseason.  I wonder if they draft a TE before day 3 in the draft.

With the WRs we have, I wonder if we go back to the WR focused passing game BA has run most of his career.

We've still got Scooter, Johnson, and Darden waiting for their shots. The former two have shown more than enough to deserve more playing time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Sure hope Gronk is healthy.  Not sure it is a coincidence the offense has been less effective with him out.

It would be foolish to re sign Howard in the offseason.  I wonder if they draft a TE before day 3 in the draft.

Was the same way in NE.  The drop off without Gronk was significant and was the subject for analysis many times given his injury issues over the years.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

With the WRs we have, I wonder if we go back to the WR focused passing game BA has run most of his career.

We've still got Scooter, Johnson, and Darden waiting for their shots. The former two have shown more than enough to deserve more playing time.

Their best personnel grouping has been 3WRs, 1TE.  Gronk is such a superior blocker to Howard and Brate, they have an advantage in the running game and passing game.  

With the WR depth even after this season, I would still expect a lot of 2 high safety looks.  They have waited for Howard to be more then a JAG at TE for 5 yrs.  Next yr is another SB or bust season.  Re sign Gronk, but draft the heir apparent early.  IIRC, I think Licht has only drafted a TE once.  He drafted more FBs, I believe.

For this season, Gronk needs to stay healthy for a true run at another SB. I think he is more important then AB.   With all the time he has missed, I don t see how he got back in the LA game.  Discussion for another day.