Post Game Thoughts- Hosting Packers.

cconocool

Happy for the win and believe Kirk need to stay aggressive. However, that near Int from Kirk in the 4th was a horrible pass. I'm fine with his INT's going up by taking chances but passes must make some sense. Mason Cole holds up better in pass pro than Bradbury. However, Bradberry protection calls are much better than Cole. Less miscommunication issues. 

Edited by dc_vikingfan
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Based on tiebreakers, the Vikings are currently positioned as the 6th seed in the NFC. 

Who’s the main competition at this point? 49ers and Eagles appear to be surging. Panthers and Saints are lingering but seem to be headed in the wrong direction. Maybe Cam can turn things around the next month. Atlanta looks bad. Who am I missing?

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The 49ers game is pretty close to “must win” territory. While losing wouldn’t knock us out by any means, a win would give the Vikings a serious strong hold on a wild card spot. 

I agree. For this team to be taken serious as a playoff contender, I think they’ve got to come away with a win in SF. With how many close games this team has played, they are battle tested and obviously have been playing with a lot of grit. That could bode well down the stretch. 

3 games left against the Bears and Lions and the Steelers at home should help rack up wins. Thinking 10 wins is likely with a split with GB, split with SF/LA, and beating Pit, Det and Chicago. 

Edited by vikingsrule

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

I agree. For this team to be taken serious as a playoff contender, I think they’ve got to come away with a win in SF. With how many close games this team has played, they are battle tested and obviously have been playing with a lot of grit. That could bode well down the stretch. 

3 games left against the Bears and Lions and the Steelers at home should help rack up wins.

It’s crazy to think that the Vikings should be undefeated within the NFC. The missed field goal against Arizona, and the inexcusable performance against the Cowboys, are going to haunt the team. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

It’s crazy to think that the Vikings should be undefeated within the NFC. The missed field goal against Arizona, and the inexcusable performance against the Cowboys, are going to haunt the team. 

Performances like the Dallas game are going to happen over the course of a season. Agreed on AZ. Should have won that one. Shouldn’t have needed a field goal if they could have put them away earlier too.