Post Game Thoughts- Hosting Packers.

cconocool

Don't try to push for more points at the end of the half with less than a minute left. I don't trust the D or the O enough in crunch time.

There was a hold against both teams, so I don't hate either missed call.

Jefferson is NUMBER 1. Thielen is good and lucky.

Patrick Peterson is getting a big contract next year, but I don't know if we can keep him.

I don't like the long bombs with clock management a priority. 

I am curious how Lynch is doing in terms of player ratings. Watts is great.

Clark owned own center. I was tempted to put Bradbury, but as long as the team keeps winning, let's keep him on the sidelines.

Green Bay has a great DL.

Regarding the Packers, it shows how much getting down 1st and 15/20 can hurt a team. 

14 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

A new center and irv Smith back and this offense could be unstoppable

We got a great offense.  The biggest thing holding us back has been the play calling.   We need to keep this aggressiveness that we have seen the last couple of weeks going.   Zimmer needs to coach every week like his job is on the line.

Not having Hunter impacts this defense in so many ways. Rodgers had a lot of time to dissect the secondary today, and the secondary did not have a good day. 

I hope that the last two games are an indication that Zimmer has learned where this team's bread is buttered. You can't continue to be a "defensive team" when your defense just isn't good. 

The FB pitch to Ham was infuriating. You have two guys in Cook and Jefferson who are absolutely elite, and you have Thielen who is as reliable a receiver in tough spots as you'll find. You can't continue to take the ball away from your playmakers in crucial situations. 

The offensive line is developing into an average to above-average unit, but Center is still a pretty glaring need. I didn't expect Cole to look great. He was terrible at Center in Arizona. But he is absolutely quality depth and if our Guards go down at some point, I think he'll play quite well there. That said, this team needs an answer at Center this offseason. 

Justin Jefferson is untouchable. He's making defenses look silly, and he's making every team that passed on him look worse. For as bad as the "Vikings miss their pick" event was, the Eagles passing on Jefferson and Spielman laughing on Zoom should be regarded as an equally laughable moment in draft history and be a part of every draft special from here on out (love me some run-on sentences).

Kirk Cousins. He deserves to be in the discussion for MVP if this team makes the playoffs. He had a couple of close calls today, but after each of them, he dusted himself off and went toe to toe with a first ballot Hall of Famer. People can say it's Jefferson, Cook, and Thielen, but Kirk has played up to their level and has put them in positions to succeed. Can he keep this up for another five years? Who knows? But for right now, Kirk Cousins is a top-tier QB in this league. Certainly an elite passer. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Maybe….. 🤨 the Vikings are good? 👀👀

Very well could have/should have beat AZ, Cincinnati and Baltimore. They’ve had a ton of bad luck this year. Maybe it’s turning around. I have a bad feeling about this SF game. Seems they can’t get over the .500 hump.

6 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Not having Hunter impacts this defense in so many ways. Rodgers had a lot of time to dissect the secondary today, and the secondary did not have a good day. 

I hope that the last two games are an indication that Zimmer has learned where this team's bread is buttered. You can't continue to be a "defensive team" when your defense just isn't good. 

The FB pitch to Ham was infuriating. You have two guys in Cook and Jefferson who are absolutely elite, and you have Thielen who is as reliable a receiver in tough spots as you'll find. You can't continue to take the ball away from your playmakers in crucial situations. 

The offensive line is developing into an average to above-average unit, but Center is still a pretty glaring need. I didn't expect Cole to look great. He was terrible at Center in Arizona. But he is absolutely quality depth and if our Guards go down at some point, I think he'll play quite well there. That said, this team needs an answer at Center this offseason. 

Justin Jefferson is untouchable. He's making defenses look silly, and he's making every team that passed on him look worse. For as bad as the "Vikings miss their pick" event was, the Eagles passing on Jefferson and Spielman laughing on Zoom should be regarded as an equally laughable moment in draft history and be a part of every draft special from here on out (love me some run-on sentences).

Kirk Cousins. He deserves to be in the discussion for MVP if this team makes the playoffs. He had a couple of close calls today, but after each of them, he dusted himself off and went toe to toe with a first ballot Hall of Famer. People can say it's Jefferson, Cook, and Thielen, but Kirk has played up to their level and has put them in positions to succeed. Can he keep this up for another five years? Who knows? But for right now, Kirk Cousins is a top-tier QB in this league. Certainly an elite passer. 

Give the Vikes 2-3 more wins on the year, Cousins is absolutely in the MVP discussion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Very well could have/should have beat AZ, Cincinnati and Baltimore. They’ve had a ton of bad luck this year. Maybe it’s turning around. I have a bad feeling about this SF game. Seems they can’t get over the .500 hump.

I'm also a little hesitant to get too amped after this win, since the Packers were pretty shorthanded. But you have to beat the guys on the field, and today they did. Last week they beat a really good Chargers team on the road. I am worried about the 49ers on the road, but if the line can give Kirk some time, they can definitely win another west coast road game.

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I'm also a little hesitant to get too amped after this win, since the Packers were pretty shorthanded. But you have to beat the guys on the field, and today they did. Last week they beat a really good Chargers team on the road. I am worried about the 49ers on the road, but if the line can give Kirk some time, they can definitely win another west coast road game.

SF has been pretty good as of late. It’s a concerning game. I’ll feel good the rest of the way if they can win this one since the wins should pile up once they play the Bears and Lions.