The Playoff Race

vike daddy

Status: The Vikings roller-coaster ride seems to be at its highest point at the moment, given that Minnesota is coming off back-to-back victories against teams with winning records. But there is still plenty of work to be done, beginning Sunday in San Francisco against a 49ers team that also holds NFC playoff aspirations. While Minnesota currently has a 59-percent chance to make the dance, those odds jump to 83 percent with a win in Week 12. The Vikings seem to be getting hot as the final stretch looms, and this is when teams want to be playing their best football of the season.

https://www.vikings.com/news/nfc-playoff-picture-2021-week-12-season

29 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Status: The Vikings roller-coaster ride seems to be at its highest point at the moment, given that Minnesota is coming off back-to-back victories against teams with winning records. But there is still plenty of work to be done, beginning Sunday in San Francisco against a 49ers team that also holds NFC playoff aspirations. While Minnesota currently has a 59-percent chance to make the dance, those odds jump to 83 percent with a win in Week 12. The Vikings seem to be getting hot as the final stretch looms, and this is when teams want to be playing their best football of the season.

https://www.vikings.com/news/nfc-playoff-picture-2021-week-12-season

And they need to continue to win, so that if they make the playoffs, they have some momentum, since that's generally one of the most important things...playing your best football at the end of the year.

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

with New Orleans' loss, they drop to 10th in the NFC standings. aww, that's a shame....

as you'll hear numerous times today, we are now in 6th, with SF in 7th.

San Francisco is now the 6th seed, along with a win over the Rams.

Minnesota might back their way into it, but Philly has a much easier schedule from here on out.

Edited by SteelKing728

26 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

San Francisco is now the 6th seed with a win over the Rams.

Minnesota might back their way into it, but Philly has a much easier schedule from here on out.

MN should get to 9 wins if they can beat teams they should like Chicago, Detroit and Pitt. I’d think 9 wins is good enough for 6 or 7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

As it stands, we are out of the playoff race as fast as we got into it. We are the 8th seed and I think it stays that way:

https://playoffpredictors.com/Football/NFL?L=IwJhrdlHuyy0Uik4vohNxVcnCVY9KPfCgs3FAuEAZmNyx1efrwAYOj5MB5UvyHkamIV1HoZaQgS6KlQA

Hard to see Seattle getting in. Philly or New Orleans too. Everything is setting up for Mn to “earn” the 7th seed. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Vikings, despite being the current 8th seed, still have the highest odds of the 5-6 teams to make the playoffs, at 49%. 

The way I see it is that we have to sweep Detroit and Chicago, beat Pittsburgh on a short week at home, and then beat either LA at home or beat GB in Lambeau.

I just don't trust us to beat Chicago in Chicago on primetime or show up at home vs the Rams.

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Well, they could try and sack Stafford 11 times again...

Can we give Hunter a robotic shoulder, or robotic whatever to make him healthy again?

BTW, I think we need to get Pat Jones playing more, and push Wonnum inside on passing downs.

Edited by SteelKing728

1. Cardinals (9-2), 2. Packers (9-3), 3. Buccaneers (8-3) 4. Cowboys (7-4)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Rams (7-4): Jaguars, @ Cardinals, Seahawks, @ Vikings, @ Ravens, 49ers

6. 49ers (6-5): @ Seahawks, @ Bengals, Falcons, @ Titans, Texans, @ Rams

7. Washington (5-6): @ Raiders, Cowboys, @ Eagles, @ Cowboys, Eagles, @ Giants

8. Vikings (5-6): @ Lions, Steelers, @ Bears, Rams@ Packers, Bears

9. Falcons (5-6): Buccaneers, @ Panthers, @ 49ers, Lions, @ Bills, Saints

10. Saints (5-6): Cowboys, @ Jets, @ Buccaneers, Dolphins, Panthers, @ Falcons

11. Eagles (5-7): @ Jets, Washington, Giants, @ WashingtonCowboys

12. Panthers (5-7): BYE, Falcons, @ BillsBuccaneers, @ Saints, @ Buccaneers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Giants (4-7), 14. Bears (4-7), 15. Seahawks (3-8), 16. Lions (0-10-1)

Bold = Opponent is current playoff team.

11 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

The way I see it is that we have to sweep Detroit and Chicago, beat Pittsburgh on a short week at home, and then beat either LA at home or beat GB in Lambeau.

I just don't trust us to beat Chicago in Chicago on primetime or show up at home vs the Rams.

The Vikings likely need 4 more wins. The easy route is winning at Detroit, beating Pittsburgh, and sweeping Chicago. 

None of those games worry me. If you can’t win those games, you don’t belong in the playoffs. 

• Like 3