The Playoff Race

vike daddy

1. Packers (10-3), 2. Buccaneers (10-3) 3. Cardinals (10-3) 4. Cowboys (9-4)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Rams (9-4): Seahawks, @ Vikings, @ Ravens49ers

6. 49ers (7-6): Falcons, @ Titans, Texans, @ Rams

7. Washington (6-7): @ Eagles, @ Cowboys, Eagles, @ Giants

8. Vikings (6-7): @ Bears, Rams@ Packers, Bears

9. Eagles (6-7): Washington, Giants, @ WashingtonCowboys

10. Falcons (6-7): @ 49ers, Lions, @ Bills, Saints

11. Saints (6-7): @ Buccaneers, Dolphins, Panthers, @ Falcons
12. Panthers (5-8) 13. Seahawks (5-8), 14. Giants (4-9), 15. Bears (4-9), 16. Lions (1-11-1)

Bold = Opponent is current playoff team.

8 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I love the fact that, every year, we end up rooting for other teams, because we can not maintain control of our own fate.

Good teams don't do this. Repeatedly.

Agreed. And we likely wouldn’t be having a serious conversation about the playoffs either if it weren’t for an additional playoff seed. Beat the teams you should like the Lions, Browns and Cowboys (with a backup QB) and we’re looking good. But this isn’t and usually isn’t the case for Zimmer’s Vikings. That’s why I’m still on board with firing him if there isn’t multiple playoff wins this year.

Last thing I’d prefer to see if another 2019 situation where we win a playoff game and that’s good enough. Why weren’t we in the playoffs last year? Why do we have to get in as the 7th seed?

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

I love the fact that, every year, we end up rooting for other teams, because we can not maintain control of our own fate.

Good teams don't do this. Repeatedly.

Except they don’t do it every year. Maybe every other year, sure. But they didn’t need other teams to lose in order to reach the playoffs in 2015, 2017, or 2019. Hell, we didn’t need help in 2012, 2009, or 2008, either. 

Plenty of good teams do this. Great teams may not, but there aren’t many great teams. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

COVID could have a significant impact on the playoff picture this week. 

100% agree. I think COVID will take at least one game from Washington. I don't see them being our concern for the 7 seed, as much as teams like New Orleans and Philadelphia, teams that have proven to be consistent strong playoff teams. I would say each of us have an equal 1/3 chance at that last playoff spot. I think San Fran is a solid #6 seed, unless they fall apart, which is a possibility. 

Absolutely no way for any of us to tell what is going to happen these next 4 weeks. This season is ridiculously unpredictable, and COVID's return to the depths has made it even more so.

• Like 1