The Playoff Race

vike daddy

8 hours ago, K9 said:

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm really not!!! But we basically need to win out for a shot. Honestly, at this point - I just want the Vikes to win because, well they're my team. That said, my fandom for the Vikes this year is still high but my disdain for GB is more. I WANT the Vikes to win against the Rams but anyone who has a chance to take out GB in the playoff... !?  just saying 

Next year will be our year, right!?  Pop Tv Idk GIF by Schitt's Creek

They probably don't need to win out, but even winning 2 will be a challenge.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

I hope so. A win against LA at home (Rams are gonna have a quick turnaround and have to travel to MN), loss to GB at Lambeau (happens almost every year) and a win at home against the Bears. 

They've now won at Soldier Field 2 years in a row and they won at Lambeau last year (granted without fans), so anything is possible.  

• Like 1

1. z-Packers (11-3), 2. Cowboys (10-4) 3. Buccaneers (10-4) 4. Cardinals (10-4)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Rams (10-4): @ Vikings, @ Ravens, 49ers

6. 49ers (8-6): @ Titans, Texans, @ Rams

7. Vikings (7-7): Rams, @ Packers, Bears
8. Eagles (7-7): Giants, @ Washington, Cowboys

9. Saints (7-7): Dolphins, Panthers, @ Falcons

10. Washington (6-8): @ Cowboys, Eagles, @ Giants

11. Falcons (6-8): Lions, @ Bills, Saints
12. Panthers (5-9) 13. Seahawks (5-9), 14. Giants (4-10),
ELIMINATED: 15. Bears (4-10), 16. Lions (2-11-1)

Bold = Opponent is current playoff team.

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

This is the weirdest Vikings team ever. 

I wouldn't be shocked if we beat LAR and GB but lost to CHI. It's just so hard to tell!

The 2003 Vikings beat the 10 win Seahawks and the 13 win Chiefs down the stretch before getting knocked out by the 4 win Arizona Cardinals.  I believe the Vikings lost  to 4 4-win teams that season.

Edited by Worm Guts
  • Like 1

I'll say this . . . no wait, oh what the heck.  If this team runs the table into the playoffs on a 5-game win streak and every game is a teeter-totter of anxiety, I'll be soooooooo ticked off.  Because it'll have the feel of "we shoulda lost a couple of those too -- just like we coulda had home field advantage if we'd put Ws on the record early."

Then in the playoffs, all the analysts and experts will say, oh the Vikings were lucky to make it this far . . . . yada, yada.

If, however, this team rolls the Rams and dominates the Packers with a complete thrashing of the Bears in Week 18, would we not get our hopes up too high?  Or, would the team actually be on a roll?   It would be the defense's 2nd coming that is required to get the team there.  Like James Harrison and Ray Lewis motivations . . . I don't see us getting that from Cali boys at the LB spot.  Would Griff return?  Would Richardson, Tomlinson or Peirce become the spotlight hog the D needs?  How bout Wonnum?  

11 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Just thinking how much that missed field goal in AZ may end up costing us the playoffs.

And by letting Detroit score on the last play of the game by playing everyone back deep.  Just those 2 errors caused this team to lose out on being 9-5, and being a lock just by winning the Bears game in Week 18.  That isn't even mentioning blowing the game to The Bengals.

• Like 1