GDT: Philadelphia Eagles vs. NY Giants @ 1:00pm EST

Giants4eva

This one is gonna be ugly. I don't think we have a prayer in this one. Eagles oline is starting to jell even despite the fact they are missing 2 starters at the guard positions and they have begun to run the ball. The RBs ,Sanders and Howard,  are looking like beasts to deal with right now and Devonta Smith is a star in the making. Their defense is playing exceptional as well even though they are weak at the LB position. Jalen Hurts is truly an up and coming QB in this division. As for us, plain and simple were a mess. Everyone on this team is in the hot seat.  Daniel Jones in particular. I'm officially done with him. I had a slight change of heart on him a few months ago and i saw what looked like progression but he's just not getting it done. People wanna say its the oline, its the offensive scheme, sorry don't think its just those.. he's just one of those qb's he needs a perfect situation to win. Unlike other qb's he has to have all things good around him for him to succeed. And he's just not that type who can win a game despite not having those factors. I'm thinking the new GM coming in will be looking at a qb in the next draft and early as well. Joe Judge and Patrick Graham are not off the hook either. We will not win this one. With Freddie Kitchens coming in as interim offensive coordinator, this team will have a whole 6 days? to learn a newer offense? Ya, this is gonna be bad. And Grahams defense cant stop a high school team right now. 

Eagles - 35 / Giants 19

One of the worst football games ever played in New York. The Eagles turned the ball over four times to our zero, which would have been a blowout if we had anything close to a functional offense.

Still, like I said, it feels good to take the Philadelphia Tankers down with us. 🍻

• Like 3

If only we had beaten Atlanta, WFT or Kansas City, there would be some hope of making the playoffs. We are simply buried down to deep for that. As other have said always good to beat the Eagles no matter how ugly the game. Only games I care about now are next game against the Eagles, Bears and WFT.

• Like 1

Didn't notice much difference in the offense. This was much more about Philly being putrid then anything encouraging on our part. Another OC who can't seem to get Barkley to produce (really starting to worry SB is just too damaged to be anything like he was). The D played well had Hurts on the run, tight coverage can't complain about their performance. It's a nice win and it feels good to dash Philly's hopes...but probably dropped a couple spots in draft order 😑

Hopefully Kitchens can come up with an exciting offensive plan for the warm weather next week in Miami  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

If we're blowing up the team in '22, which we absolutely should, it would be great to take the Eagles down with us.

I don't think we can blow up thing up next season, too many long term contract and contract extension done. The only players I am aware of that we will save on money on if we cut is Kyle Rudolph and Blake Martinez. Believe 2023 is the year we can blow things up if needed.

6 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Didn't notice much difference in the offense. This was much more about Philly being putrid then anything encouraging on our part. Another OC who can't seem to get Barkley to produce (really starting to worry SB is just too damaged to be anything like he was). The D played well had Hurts on the run, tight coverage can't complain about their performance. It's a nice win and it feels good to dash Philly's hopes...but probably dropped a couple spots in draft order 😑

Hopefully Kitchens can come up with an exciting offensive plan for the warm weather next week in Miami  

I'm boggled by Barkley's lack of production, too. But he's def not too damaged. We see that he is still physically capable at times. The run blocking has been putrid, but there may be something else going on. I don't know what, but I know he still has the physical ability. I see it.

8 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

I'm boggled by Barkley's lack of production, too. But he's def not too damaged. We see that he is still physically capable at times. The run blocking has been putrid, but there may be something else going on. I don't know what, but I know he still has the physical ability. I see it.

Maybe it's a vision thing then. Booker seems to be able to find seams and get positive yards. Barkley is met in the hole for no gain over and over it.

I dont even know what to say. Yet again, i think they are gonna get stomped and out they come with a win. Defence played about as good it can with Graham at the helm. Offense i didnt really see much of a difference from production. But i will say that Kitchens u can see was trying to get Barkley involved and getting more targets to Golladay. He was using his weapons. Im shocked, truly shocked we pulled this one out. After the absolute nightmare we had in Tampa, i didnt think there was a prayer on Gods green earth we could even do a thing against the birds. Really big shout out to this team for showing some heart and playing hard. This offense, despite the fact Freddie Kitchens has had a whopping 5/6 days to implement his version of this offense, still didnt look at all much different than when Garrett was here. Jones just was not getting the ball to guys whom i thought were open. 13-7 is a nice win but the offense is just not looking a whole lot better. 

41 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

I dont even know what to say. Yet again, i think they are gonna get stomped and out they come with a win. Defence played about as good it can with Graham at the helm. Offense i didnt really see much of a difference from production. But i will say that Kitchens u can see was trying to get Barkley involved and getting more targets to Golladay. He was using his weapons. Im shocked, truly shocked we pulled this one out. After the absolute nightmare we had in Tampa, i didnt think there was a prayer on Gods green earth we could even do a thing against the birds. Really big shout out to this team for showing some heart and playing hard. This offense, despite the fact Freddie Kitchens has had a whopping 5/6 days to implement his version of this offense, still didnt look at all much different than when Garrett was here. Jones just was not getting the ball to guys whom i thought were open. 13-7 is a nice win but the offense is just not looking a whole lot better. 

Yea I mostly give Kitchens a pass for this week. Implementing an entirely new offensive set in a week is a big ask. That screen play to EE I think in the 1st quarter was an awesome concept. The screen call later in the 3rd? Was an excellent call as well. Two warm weather games coming up I'd like to see him open up the playbook and get even more creative.. I was happy to see Barkley getting his touches but he really needs to start producing with them.

I know it's easy to look at the stats and say Kitchens did no better than Garrett but I disagree. There were far more plays that had a "chance". More crossing routes, more catching the ball in stride with a chance to turn it upfield, etc. The run game is still a disaster and there are two things at play here. The first is the OL is truly atrocious. They can't move bodies at all and even that would be fine if they actually picked up their assignments but they're getting beat so badly most plays don't even have a chance. That being said, Barkley stops way too much. He looks unsure and I don't think it's physical. Like he can't decide what move to make and by the time he does the defender is on him. This is true even when he catches the ball in space. It just seems he can't make a defender miss right now. 

Those redzone failures had a lot better chance than under Garrett. Golladay and DJ didn't end up making the connections but the play is there and it's relatively low-risk. Keep pounding that and the TDs will come. 

All that being said, the second half was such a mess offensively and it's centered around the OL not being able to block. It's hard to imagine a collection of OL can be that bad.

Patrick Graham's legend continues to grow. He didn't have an answer for the run game but somehow he makes the right call at the right time and he had to do it with no offensive support and an undermanned group. I think he is really maxing out each players' abilities *except for the rushers*. The team had one sack and it came rushing (I believe) six including two DBs. As nice a start as Ojulari had, he is not winning individual assignments. The others are the same. Even when the Eagles have to pass and they can pin their ears back, they get no pressure whatsoever. This D has so much potential if they could just get some pressure on the QB.

• Like 2

I would have loved to see some blocking from the offensive line.  

I'm no fan of Jason Garrett and I believe he needed to go but until we get a line, they can't get the fire power involved in the passing game because Jones doesn't have the time.  As for the running game it was business as usual, getting hit behind the line.  

This is all on Dave for not addressing the offensive line, when he assured the fans that the line would be just fine.  How this person is still employed is beyond me.  Making millions and for what?

I'm also sick of seeing Jones taking these hits.  

• Like 2