Bye week thread

deeluxx3

I could not be happier to have a bye

Team needs this week off. Curious to see if Julio comes off IR. Idk if we can afford extended absences from him, dupree and AJ (meaning beyond the min 3 weeks)

im going to the bears-cards game. Hope fields plays but doubt it. Even worse - it’s gonna effing rain 

Rooting interests:

Colts @ Texans - Yikes. Hoping for a huge upset but I don’t think there’s a chance in hell the Colts lose.

Chargers @ Bengals - No clue really. Both will be playoff teams in the end so seeding is important.

Washington @ Raiders - I don’t think the Raiders will really matter in the end because I don’t think they make it but seeding again. Go Football Team.

Ravens @ Steelers - Ravens have the #1 seed right now so go Steelers(Yuck)

Broncos @ Chiefs - Chiefs are right back into it like I knew they would. Another team we’ll be fighting with for the #1 seed. Go Broncos

Patriots @ Bills - I think the Patriots have quickly become one of the more overrated teams in the league. They do currently have the #1 seed but I just don’t think they’re that good. We had a chance last week with practice squad players and street free agents. Turnovers caught up again and it got out of hand in the 4th quarter. I also don’t think the Bills are all that good. They’ve been one of the healthiest teams in the league and for some are the most talented team in the league. The Patriots are half a game up right now so I guess Go Bills.

42 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Why does it seem like AJ is out longer than he should be? I thought IR was three weeks? 

I am also confused on totally what his injury is? Didn't he have negative x rays? Are we just being super careful with him? 

He went on the IR like the Saturday before the Pats game. And yeah, negative X-Rays. We'll never find out why he's actually on IR though. AJ is really worrying me, people want to rag on Lewan, but AJ is either playing at 60-70%, or not in the game almost always.

• Like 1

I really don’t mind watching the Titans play this weekend because they really need a week off 

I just really hate that this TNF game isn’t very good because of all the NO injuries 

There are rooting interest in a lot of games this Sunday but there’s no like “ this is the game of the week” type game that you just gotta be in front of the tv to see it 

MNF should be good but I hate both teams 

Don’t think it happens but would be nice for both Bal and NE to lose this week 

Cherry on top would be Houston pulling one way out of their rear ends and upsetting Indy

Really hope we get guys back starting with the Jags game and that they stay healthy the rest of the way 

Long Evans and Jayon havnt been on the field with each other in a while

Julio is the big one on offense

As bad as the offense has been the running game has still been getting better so if Julio can’t just get on the field and Tate could get some what up to speed with the playbook, then Jones Tate NWI Rodgers should be plenty against Jags and Pit to pull out those games 

5 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Why does it seem like AJ is out longer than he should be? I thought IR was three weeks? 

I am also confused on totally what his injury is? Didn't he have negative x rays? Are we just being super careful with him? 

It’s 3 games, not 3 weeks. So the bye doesn’t count for their IR status.

• Like 1

Don’t know where to put this but…

Demarcus Lawrence played 37 snaps last night. Why is that significant? He had same injury as Henry did earlier this season and this was his first game back. Obviously nothing is that concrete and it doesn’t mean much but just an idea of potentially what we could get from Henry if he does make it back for the playoffs(assuming we make it). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Random thought because I'm bored tonight. Thoughts on going after Russell Wilson next offseason if he wants out? Or do we all think his best days are behind him? 

What’s funny is I think he needs a Titans type offense to be successful 

He has no running game out in Seattle

Fulton broke DK for this year, ever since week 2 DK has been off the rails 

I think of he were in Tennessee with Henry and the weapons at WR he’d be a good fit 

41 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

What’s funny is I think he needs a Titans type offense to be successful 

He has no running game out in Seattle

Fulton broke DK for this year, ever since week 2 DK has been off the rails 

I think of he were in Tennessee with Henry and the weapons at WR he’d be a good fit 

Im never ever going to say no to Russell Wilson. He’s the man.

but he’s such a freaking ego maniac. To the worst degree

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Wilson aside

we do need to start thinking about life after RT this offseason. My biggest fear is that we think Woodside is a legit pro QB, similar to how we incorrectly thought Firk could replace Jonnu

Im always open to preparing the next guy 

I wanted Hurts last year if he fell

In another thread I was ready to bring me the A-hole in Aaron Rodgers if we could get out of the Tannehill contract

Early in the year I was open to taking a guy if he fell in the draft with the idea of us picking in the 30’s but we are going to have holes to fill in free agency and in the draft at O-Line WR TE backup RB MLB CB and depending on what happens with Landry OLB so drafting a QB in the first round isn’t a good idea 

If Tannehill has the weapons around him playoff time and he just flat out stinks and is a big reason we lose then the Titans should really consider finding a trade partner for him 

Stafford for Goff happened this year so if we could do the same for Wilson or send him to GB I’d be all for it 

• Like 1