2022 and Beyond

wcblack34

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Does moving on from Cook move the needle at all? I know he’s still really good, not arguing that; he’s a top 5 RB. But do you really need a top 5 RB to have an effective running game and is his cap hit worth it? Doesn’t seem like there’s a really good out until 2023. 

It doesn’t move the needle at all. 

On 1/1/2022 at 10:56 AM, vikingsrule said:

Does moving on from Cook move the needle at all? I know he’s still really good, not arguing that; he’s a top 5 RB. But do you really need a top 5 RB to have an effective running game and is his cap hit worth it? Doesn’t seem like there’s a really good out until 2023. 

You can probably restructure his contract to clear some space, but I can't see them moving on because his dead cap number is still over $9M.

38 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

I would like whoever the GM is next year to entertain the possibility of bringing in Tyler Huntley, QB (backup playing today for Raven’s). With the right system, I think he could be pretty good. 

Why would the Ravens let him go? Is he a free agent? 

43 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Why would the Ravens let him go? Is he a free agent? 

I thought he was, but instead he’s a ERFA. 

Huntley is currently earning a total of $780,000 for the 2021 season. In the offseason, the former Ute will become an exclusive rights free agent or ERFA.

An ERFA is a “player with fewer than three accrued seasons and an expired contract. If his original team offers him a one-year contract and the league minimum (based on his credited seasons), the player cannot negotiate with other teams,” 

https://kslsports.com/475388/potential-landing-spots-for-ravens-qb-tyler-huntley-in-2022/

Edited by marshpit23
Add link to source