2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

18 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

They'll do both. 

As to what happens...you have to be at least somewhat sympathetic to the position Poles is in.

If meaningful guys have to be added after final cuts...so be it. 

I am sympathetic. Pace handed him a bit of a turd, even if I don’t like the Larry O diving having your big signing go sideways would throw most people, and my guess is we took some Ls in free agency this year.

I don’t think what he has done has been easy and it obviously hasn’t gone smoothly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Anthony Hitchens

Trai Turner

Dennis Kelly

Xavier Rhodes

All guys with strong connections to the coaching staff and would fill obvious needs.

Rhodes, Hitchens & Turner would all be quality pick ups as depth/competition…Kelly is still just a guy IMO…I would also love to add for the right price on a 1 year deal…

WR…Jarvis Landry

WR…Keelan Cole

OL…Daryl Williams

UT…Larry Ogunjobi

DE…Rasheem Green

DE…Stephen Weatherly

CB…Kyle Fuller

CB…Fabian Moreau

S…DeShon Elliott

S…Terrell Edmunds

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Rhodes, Hitchens & Turner would all be quality pick ups as depth/competition…Kelly is still just a guy IMO…I would also love to add for the right price on a 1 year deal…

WR…Jarvis Landry

WR…Keelan Cole

OL…Daryl Williams

UT…Larry Ogunjobi

DE…Rasheem Green

DE…Stephen Weatherly

CB…Kyle Fuller

CB…Fabian Moreau

S…DeShon Elliott

S…Terrell Edmunds

Trai Turner and Daryl Williams would be my top targets at RG.

The real cream of the veteran OT crop is Riley Rieff, he would be a pretty solid bar for the young OTs to clear.

Cole is a WR I like he has been productive and should come cheap.

I really wonder how the Bears social media team works...Griffin and Young signed on the same day...we then signed Adams...we have had official releases for both Griffin and Adams but not Young? Just want this move to be officially in the books.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I really wonder how the Bears social media team works...Griffin and Young signed on the same day...we then signed Adams...we have had official releases for both Griffin and Adams but not Young? Just want this move to be officially in the books.

Maybe he has to come in for a physical?

I really wonder when we get some movement on Nick Foles.

I am not sure if there is a market for him.

At some point we are going to need to cut him and get that 3 million back in the accounts… we can’t let him on the field if he is hurt we owe him the entire amount.

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Robert Quinn would also be a big domino. 

I wonder if something happens before the draft and we can get some resources this season.

I would be massively against moving Quinn…yes we are clearly building for the future but tanking in todays NFL shouldn’t be an option…we still need to be somewhat competitive to help in the development of these young players and Quinn can be a key factor in that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I would be massively against moving Quinn…yes we are clearly building for the future but tanking in todays NFL shouldn’t be an option…we still need to be somewhat competitive to help in the development of these young players and Quinn can be a key factor in that.

If we can get a 3rd or more we should move him.

If we want to jump start and draft and development movement we need more picks and more premium picks.

DE is one of the few spots we have depth and a player who might have some value.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If we can get a 3rd or more we should move him.

If we want to jump start and draft and development movement we need more picks and more premium picks.

DE is one of the few spots we have depth and a player who might have some value.

I wouldn't trade him for a 3rd...

Maybe a 3rd and a young player at a position of need but I think his leadership and experience are more valuable than the pick alone.

• Like 1