2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

The one benefit of Cooper going the Browns is Jarvis Landry is surely going to be released...he would be a great safety blanket for Fields playing in the Randall Cobb slot role in this offence...perfect "tough guy over the middle" compliment to Mooney on the outside and would help a rookie no end.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Yikes. Would have paid that but I think I like Cooper more than you guys.  

I might have done it, too. And the extra seven million from the Mack trade would help with the salary.

Pretty clear that Poles loves Mooney. I do as well...I just liked the notion of Cooper and Mooney out there together.

38 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The one benefit of Cooper going the Browns is Jarvis Landry is surely going to be released...he would be a great safety blanket for Fields playing in the Randall Cobb slot role in this offence...perfect "tough guy over the middle" compliment to Mooney on the outside and would help a rookie no end.

You're right about all that. Wow. Landry, Mooney, and a rookie might be even deadlier than going all in on Cooper. 

Although, we haven't heard about anything going on with Robinson. Is his market...kinda small? 

Looks like the Browns are letting Landry seek a trade:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/03/browns-grant-jarvis-landry-permission-to-seek-a-trade-now-that-amari-cooper-is-on-board-but-theyd-still-like-him-back-at-the-right-price.html

Salary would be around $15 mil. No idea what the Browns would realistically expect in return. If it's similar to the trade the Browns just did for Cooper, I'd consider it. Don't know that Poles will, though. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I might have done it, too. And the extra seven million from the Mack trade would help with the salary.

Pretty clear that Poles loves Mooney. I do as well...I just liked the notion of Cooper and Mooney out there together.

You're right about all that. Wow. Landry, Mooney, and a rookie might be even deadlier than going all in on Cooper. 

Although, we haven't heard about anything going on with Robinson. Is his market...kinda small? 

I think Robinson will easily have a market...the Patriots for example seem like an amazing fit for him...I also wouldn't sleep on the Lions.

22 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Looks like the Browns are letting Landry seek a trade:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/03/browns-grant-jarvis-landry-permission-to-seek-a-trade-now-that-amari-cooper-is-on-board-but-theyd-still-like-him-back-at-the-right-price.html

Salary would be around $15 mil. No idea what the Browns would realistically expect in return. If it's similar to the trade the Browns just did for Cooper, I'd consider it. Don't know that Poles will, though. 

I wouldn't give them close to a 5th unless they were keep a lot of that salary...all of the leverage for Landry is with the team trying to trade for him as I highly doubt they would keep him around at that cap figure...I would expect him to be released before Wednesday maybe even sooner.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I think Robinson will easily have a market...the Patriots for example seem like an amazing fit for him...I also wouldn't sleep on the Lions.

ARob should, reasonably, be a highly sought after guy. But all we're hearing is crickets. Makes me think that everybody is waiting to see how the fates (and pricetags) of about five or six other guys shake out before tabbing Robinson with any sort of assessment. Which surprises me. 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

ARob should, reasonably, be a highly sought after guy. But all we're hearing is crickets. Makes me think that everybody is waiting to see how the fates (and pricetags) of about five or six other guys shake out before tabbing Robinson with any sort of assessment. Which surprises me. 

Who are the one team in the NFL you never hear anything from? The Pats 😂...just seems like taking a 1 year deal there is a no brainer for him...go and rehab your stock with a team you know will use you as a #1 then hit FA and get a big deal again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I wouldn't give them close to a 5th unless they were keep a lot of that salary...all of the leverage for Landry is with the team trying to trade for him as I highly doubt they would keep him around at that cap figure...I would expect him to be released before Wednesday maybe even sooner.

You could be right about that.

But I'm a big Landry fan. A fifth and $15 mil doesn't give me pause whatsoever. 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

You could be right about that.

But I'm a big Landry fan. A fifth and $15 mil doesn't give me pause whatsoever. 

I am a huge fan of Landry too...when healthy he is as close to an Anquan Boldin type as we will find and for me that is about as high praise as it gets...I just don't see Poles giving up draft capital for him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Who are the one team in the NFL you never hear anything from? The Pats 😂...just seems like taking a 1 year deal there is a no brainer for him...go and rehab your stock with a team you know will use you as a #1 then hit FA and get a big deal again.

That was kind of my point about ARob. I'm shocked there isn't more interest out there. 

I think that all means there is at least a small chance (instead of NO chance, which I would have claimed a couple of days ago) that he remains a Bear. Unless he's burnt bridges in the locker room, there's at least a possibility he stays put. 

Edited by Heinz D.

For all the talk of MVS I wonder what the Packers will do with Allen Lazard who IMO is a much more well rounded reciever...they are obviously tight against the cap so could look to get a rookie in there as a number two rather than give the 2nd round tender to Lazard at almost $4 million for the year...if they don't apply that then we should without doubt be in on him.

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

He's a guy who seemed to pack it in when the going got s***ty & for a bigger receiver he sure as hell doesn't win a lot of jump balls. I can see him getting a Golladay-like deal

• Like 1