2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He told us they were going to be wave 2 and 3 free agents.

But then he set the market at DT by 3 million... so I am not sure he is a tier 2 and 3 guy.

If he is willing to go tier 1 for a defender, then it was my hope he may have done the same on offense, where we suck.

But how many effective 3 techniques are there on the market and in the draft? This thing is going to take time to fix and giving out garbage contracts is what has gotten us to this place. we will have to be patient. Rushing to sign mediocre talent does what for us exactly because we simply don't have the cap space to sign a ton of real impact players. We have been complaining about that approach for years and now that we have someone who is attempting to change that mindset we are complaining about that now? This team needs chemotherapy not cough syrup. 

Another thing to consider is we don't know who they are negotiating with or what their plan is or what their priorities are in how they build a team. Those may be different than what we "feel" that they should be. You are judging a situation without enough data to come to a logical conclusion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

No, but we should not act like yesterday went well because of some coach speak point that doesn't hold up.

The flip side to that is we don't need to act like it was a disaster either without seeing the full picture.

1 minute ago, Bigbear72 said:

The flip side to that is we don't need to act like it was a disaster either without seeing the full picture.

I believe I used the words "underwhelming".

I am not a huge fan of coming out swing on defense and setting the market at a position and then ignoring the far bigger need on your roster.

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I was at work all day without access to my phone and Heinz already said that. No need to be an a**hole

I wasn’t laughing at you or being an *******, I was making fun of the “legal tampering period” - specifically the fact that an agreement was made so unbelievably fast. No need to be a snowflake 

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The OL market got hit hard yesterday.

We need multiple starting calibre OL talent.

That is not good. If had gotten Brian Allen to at least lockdown one spot this would be very different.

There’s really no reasoning with you, is there? It’s Windy’s way or it can’t possibly be good. That’s rational. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

There’s really no reasoning with you, is there? It’s Windy’s way or it can’t possibly be good. That’s rational. 

No, but please explain to me how making no viable additions to the offense, that sucks and needs to develop a young QB, is a good thing?

Yesterday wasn't a good day because at the start of the day our offense sucked and at the end of the day, after a number of reasonable offensive deals were made, our offense still sucks.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

No, but please explain to me how making no viable additions to the offense, that sucks and needs to develop a young QB, is a good thing?

Yesterday wasn't a good day because at the start of the day our offense sucked and at the end of the day, after a number of reasonable offensive deals were made, our offense still sucks.

I didn’t realize that free agency was over. My bad. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I didn’t realize that free agency was over. My bad. 🤷‍♂️

It isn't, but we are well into the OL market for sure.

Please explain how yesterday was a good day for the Bears? 

The truth is that our offense is bad. We need 4-5 viable starters on offense. We are not in a position talent wise to sit back and wait for the market to settle out. We are not the Ravens. The Ravens roster is good enough that if they miss on someone it really won't cripple them. We needed to be more aggressive in the OL market. Now we are down to 1 or 2 sure fire upgrades.

But we got an expensive 3T. I guess I am still waiting for some of that Mack money to actually make it over to the offense.