Week 14 GDT, We're on to Cincinatti

N4L

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Great breakdown. Focuses a lot on the OL and secondary play. 

JT O'Sullivan also has a breakdown of the OT. Very good stuff.

I love the blocking in OT. FIrst play, Laken is pulling out just to give a run look, but he ends up walling off the edge rusher wide, great block. Then a couple of plays later, Kittle blocks a DE one on one, leaving the 5 OL to take care of 3 rushers, Jimmy could have stood there for 30 seconds without having anyone in his face. Another play, the Bengals were rushing 5, all contained, Jeff Wilson was there for protection, but he didn't have anyone to block. The pocket was so solid in that OT.

I don't know if we lucked out with the coverages and pass rush combo the bengals used, or if any of it was set up and Kyle just took advantage of what he saw earlier in the game, but Jimmy was clean and he had a perfect drive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Fantastic in OT. Not so much before that. Some really bad throws a couple of really good ones. Dynamite in ot though

The Jennings back shoulder is maybe his best throw all year. 

Loved the breakdown. Good to see that the pass pro issues were almost entirely lack of OL skill and communication. That’s only to be expected given the personnel issues on the right side. I got that wrong just watching it live (unsurprising, lol). Still doesn’t account for Jimmy nearly throwing the game-killing pick six, but he was better than I understood on first watch. 

Just now, JIllg said:

Loved the breakdown. Good to see that the pass pro issues were almost entirely lack of OL skill and communication. That’s only to be expected given the personnel issues on the right side. I got that wrong just watching it live (unsurprising, lol). Still doesn’t account for Jimmy nearly throwing the game-killing pick six, but he was better than I understood on first watch. 

The only sack that I definitely put on JImmy was that time where he just up and dropped the ball lol. There was one where he maybe could have gotten rid of it if something was open, but I have no idea if it was open or not. 

Other than that, the right side of that line is just so damn bad.