Mock Drafts - We pick 7th

bucsfan333

13 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Vea is a project too.

Agreed, picking at 7 outside of Nelson and either safety, the prospects available are going to be projections.  

Im interested to see which prospect picks up a lot of momentum and jumps into the top 10.  Harold Landry?  Connor Williams? Who else possibly?

26 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Agreed, picking at 7 outside of Nelson and either safety, the prospects available are going to be projections.  

Im interested to see which prospect picks up a lot of momentum and jumps into the top 10.  Harold Landry?  Connor Williams? Who else possibly?

I think Key climbs back up boards after the combine. He was a certified badass two years ago. He only started off slowly this year because of injury.

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I think you're gonna see some of these athletic OT's jump up the board, like you eluded to Connor Williams, Kolton Miller and Orlando Brown could all be top 10-15 picks when it's all said and done...

I think a guy like DT Taven Bryan could jump into the top ten. Teams could look at him to have that Gerald McCoy or Aaron Donald type impact at DT...

25 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Sign me up for this. Barkley and Hernandez would be a haul alone, like the Sheppard in the 4th too. Don't know much about the 3rd rounder...

From walterfootball:

Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 270. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.73. 
Projected Round (2018): 2-3. 

1/13/18: Ejiofor played well for Wake Forest in 2017, totaling 43 tackles with 16.5 for a loss, 6.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and one pass batted. Ejoifor is a solid, sturdy base end with size and quickness on the edge. Sources say they are grading him on Day 2 of the 2018 NFL Draft. They would like to see a more steady motor and consistency from Ejiofor. He may not have the skill set or consistency to be a first-rounder, but he could be a solid second-round pick. 

9/1/17: Ejiofor goes under the radar playing at Wake Forest, but he was a real force in 2016. On the season, Ejiofor totaled 10.5 sacks, 50 tackles, four passes broken up, forced fumbles and one interception. He had 4.5 sacks as a sophomore.

Hey guys. The offseason is here. Sad to say this is the time of year where we've been the most optimistic the past few years lol. Imo the only way we land barkley or chubbs is if we trade up or if theres a run on qbs. Its almost guaranteed one of the teams in position to take a qb will trade back with a team trying to trade up for one of those guys. I hope its us cause i want chubbs so bad. If we stay we might be able to pick up quenton nelson who is a stud lineman. Davenport is a project, 7 may be too high for him but if he shows out at the combine maybe a trade back? I think hes raw but has a really high ceiling. We need to address the lines both in fa and the draft. I also love minkah if we can add decent players before the draft.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's why I've been slowly warming up to the idea of drafting Davenport.

I get the small school argument with Davenport.  However, there arent many dlinemen who will be drafted that contribute greatly in their rookie years.  I understand PR pushing the Vea narrative, but just because he played against better competition, does this guarantee him becoming better with pad level and his get off is pretty slow.  I honestly dont know.  Davenport has a chance to have an impact both outside and in nickel packages rushing inside. Is it a potential stretch?  Sure.  

Im not against Vea, but he has to live up to all the athletic ability hype he is getting because his get off is a concern.  With Davenport, I see the athletic ability on the field, but lacking fundamental technique with hand placement.  In my mind, I guess I feel better about a prospect improving hand placement then quickness at the snap of the ball.  I could be wrong.

Archived