Mock Drafts - We pick 7th

bucsfan333

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:22 AM, bucsfan333 said:

Trade down with Buffalo. Get 21, 22, and a one of their seconds. Get Derwin James, Da'Ron Payne, Arden Key, Nick Chubb with our first four picks.

I would be ecstatic.

That would be the best draft! I want us to trade down with the Bills. Just want to see how the draft board plays out, because I have a feel these QB's might drop and I think 2 - 3 teams ahead of us will get a QB in the FA. Not saying the might not draft a QB, but it looks like the won't.

Now sign Sittion, Tru, and a DE. We should be in good shape if this draft happen.

1 hour ago, xlfrosti said:

That would be the best draft! I want us to trade down with the Bills. Just want to see how the draft board plays out, because I have a feel these QB's might drop and I think 2 - 3 teams ahead of us will get a QB in the FA. Not saying the might not draft a QB, but it looks like the won't.

Now sign Sittion, Tru, and a DE. We should be in good shape if this draft happen.

All these mock drafts with four or more QBs going in the top six are kind of ridiculous. That would be completely unprecedented.

I'm still leaning toward signing a guy like Sitton. But we're about to have A LOT of money in our oline in a couple years if we do. D Smith, Sitton, and Marpet would all be on big contracts. And that doesn't seem like good cap distribution to me. Especially when Evans makes $18M per and Jameis is close to $30M.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

All these mock drafts with four or more QBs going in the top six are kind of ridiculous. That would be completely unprecedented.

I'm still leaning toward signing a guy like Sitton. But we're about to have A LOT of money in our oline in a couple years if we do. D Smith, Sitton, and Marpet would all be on big contracts. And that doesn't seem like good cap distribution to me. Especially when Evans makes $18M per and Jameis is close to $30M.

I have a belief that Benenoch will be in the mix at guard with most of their free cap space going to defense.  Wester will elevate to the swing tackle.

50 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I have a belief that Benenoch will be in the mix at guard with most of their free cap space going to defense.  Wester will elevate to the swing tackle.

Hopefully he plays better than Pamphile did.

But you might be right. Koetter raved about our oline all the time. Maybe we don't do anything and just promote who we have.

If we can trade down and pick up 2-3 picks in the 1st and 2nd to do so we definitely should do it. Only thing I’d change is maybe burn on of those picks to trade up and secure a RB that isn’t Nick Chubb. Just not a huge fan of how his game projects at the NFL level.

15 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

This guy used to post here.

Anywho, he's got Barkley falling to us at seven.

Nothing has changed for me with Barkley, if he is there at 7 turn the card in.  With it being a space game he is  a great fit for the NFL.  He s one of the prospects who I think will slide a little bit in the draft process.  I hope the narrative of him with not great vision continues.  @indifference made a great point about Michel and his fumbling issues, definitely a cause for concern.  Barkley/ Barber combo sign me up.  

My top 10: 

1. Barkely 

2. Chubb 

3. Nelson 

4. Fitzpatrick 

5. Davenport 

6. James 

7. Ward 

8. Payne 

9  jackson 

10  Guice  

obviously trading down would be necessary to take James, Jackson or Guice  

I’m really hoping at 7 we can land a stud like Nelson. 

ALSo with this being licht and koetter make or break year, they could take Nelson or Fitzpatrick if they feel that player can make an immediate impact over per say a developmental project like Davenport. 

Free agency and trades will make it interesting. 

I genuinely believe we need to go BPA with every pick.

We've seen this too many times before - we draft for need, whiff on the pick and the BPA goes on to become a baller.

The classic one is drafting Gaines Adams because we needed a pass rusher. We reached in a weak Dline class and paid for it. Whilst that’s not the case here, I don’t want to see us make the same mistake again.

Archived