The Ftont office or the coaches?

hornbybrown

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I agree with seeing Sashi and Co having somewhat of a coherent plan. You can see what they are trying to do. Its hard to do it for Hue. You have no idea what his plan is for this offense and the way he uses players. 

Hue seems to be more committed to his offense and its philosophy than too winning. 

It seems he does not take the match ups that best suit our team. This week we are playing against one of the top corners in the league and another very good one. No doubt we will be throwing the ball towards both of them and under target our very athletic TE's. 

21 hours ago, bruceb said:

I agree with his premise, that previous regimes created the abysmal roster this regime inherited, and his conclusion, that expecting a 2 year rebuild would have been unreasonable by any stretch, and that directing all of the fire at Sashi is ignorant, when Hue has made plenty of mistakes, and Haslam has most of all (too bad he can't be fired). He's right, we need to give this crew another year, and if "trigger Haslam" does bring in a new crew, they will certainly be stepping into a better situation than Sashi, DePodesta, and Hue did. However, he lays it on way too thick with his "football guys" vs "analytics guys" bit, though. One example is completely dismissing Shelton (picked by football guys) as being even potentially a solid starter, then giving credit to the analytics guys that Njoku and Ogunjobi have shown "potential to be at bare minimum solid players", and (yeah to some I'm probably beating a dead horse here) saying Jackson had much more to do with failing to draft a QB than the executive who is in charge of the draft and roster.

14 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

It's possible that BOTH front office AND coaching staffs need more time to figure things out. Hue Jackson has been a solid offensive mind in the NFL, in some premier college programs, and it's not a fluke. He didn't just get lousy at it. He made Jake the Snake Plummer a household name and a high draft pick. He was there for Flacco's early development. He made Andy Dalton look like a pro-bowler. Talent has been added no doubt, but glaring holes still exist. And just when we get stronger, with Gordon and Coleman back, We are down two key defensive players. 

I’m on record that I wouldn’t mind giving everyone another year. But I go back and forth with it. I’d definitely keep the FO, Hue I waver on. 

Btw according to you guys favorite tony grossi, rumors are out there that we have a shot to get Sean Payton next year. :ph34r: 

24 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Hue seems to be more committed to his offense and its philosophy than too winning. 

It seems he does not take the match ups that best suit our team. This week we are playing against one of the top corners in the league and another very good one. No doubt we will be throwing the ball towards both of them and under target our very athletic TE's. 

I was surprised to read this stat today. "14.9 percent of Browns rushing attempts have gained 10 or more yards, the highest rate in the league. But rank 23rd in the league in rushing attempts."

Hue refuses to try and wear teams down with the rushing attack. If there isnt immediate success/ immediate gratification to running the ball, he will do nothing but pass the ball. Browns have two pretty good  RBs, one who is an elite pass catcher, why dont we see any 2 RB sets. From there they could motion DJ to any where on the field and really force the defense to move a LB out of the box and give crow some room to run or allow the secondary to show their hand a little bit when the secondary starts moving because DJ is moving.Heck it gives DJ matched up on a LB more or if they still want to put a safety on him it forces the safety to play up to gives DJ a bunch of room to work after the catch. Hue was suppose to be this extremely creative  offensive mind, well he has a player that could cause a lot of issues. If DJ played for the Pats, he would be BBs wetdream for a dual threat RB. Browns have two athletic freak TEs and you rarely saw them used at the same time. If you came out with a twin set with NJoku and Devale or a trip set with those two, you force a match up. A match up where those two TEs will be bigger or more athletic than the guy who is suppose to cover them. Hell you should see a trip set with Njoku, Devalve, and Gordon. Have them pick their poison because someone is going to be too small or too slow. That would be a killer redzone package. IT be great if the Browns had a coach on their staff, who is main job was just to come up with offensive schemes, player packages, and all that good stuff but I guess those kind of coaches who focus just mainly on the offense and no defense or a specific position group doesnt exisit.  

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’m on record that I wouldn’t mind giving everyone another year. But I go back and forth with it. I’d definitely keep the FO, Hue I waver on. 

Btw according to you guys favorite tony grossi, rumors are out there that we have a shot to get Sean Payton next year. :ph34r: 

I would love a Payton/Rosen duo.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I was surprised to read this stat today. "14.9 percent of Browns rushing attempts have gained 10 or more yards, the highest rate in the league. But rank 23rd in the league in rushing attempts."

Hue refuses to try and wear teams down with the rushing attack. If there isnt immediate success/ immediate gratification to running the ball, he will do nothing but rushing the ball. Browns have two pretty good  RBs, one who is an elite pass catcher, why dont we see any 2 RB sets. From there they could motion DJ to any where on the field and really force the defense to move a LB out of the box and give crow some room to run or allow the secondary to show their hand a little bit when the secondary starts moving because DJ is moving.Heck it gives DJ matched up on a LB more or if they still want to put a safety on him it forces the safety to play up to gives DJ a bunch of room to work after the catch. Hue was suppose to be this extremely creative  offensive mind, well he has a player that could cause a lot of issues. If DJ played for the Pats, he would be BBs wetdream for a dual threat RB. Browns have two athletic freak TEs and you rarely saw them used at the same time. If you came out with a twin set with NJoku and Devale or a trip set with those two, you force a match up. A match up where those two TEs will be bigger or more athletic than the guy who is suppose to cover them. Hell you should see a trip set with Njoku, Devalve, and Gordon. Have them pick their poison because someone is going to be too small or too slow. That would be a killer redzone package. IT be great if the Browns had a coach on their staff, who is main job was just to come up with offensive schemes, player packages, and all that good stuff but I guess those kind of coaches who focus just mainly on the offense and no defense or a specific position group doesnt exisit.  

why would you do that when you can feed Higgins and Louis though?
It really shows how stupid Hue is and it really is damning to him. 

My conditions for keeping hue include an offensive coordinator. 

We should never of let Deflippo go, he was a match up king. 

I wouldnt call Hue stupid, because he has prolly forgotten more about football than we know but he is just so darn stubborn. If we could come up with ideas and concepts than it sure could be thought up by anyone in the NFL. Hue rarely have cause pre snap motion packages than have reall packages that make a difference 

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I wouldnt call Hue stupid, because he has prolly forgotten more about football than we know but he is just so darn stubborn. If we could come up with ideas and concepts than it sure could be thought up by anyone in the NFL. Hue rarely have cause pre snap motion packages than have reall packages that make a difference 

contextually not actually. 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

I wonder how Peyton & Greg Williams' relationship is after bountygate? I'm in favor of giving everyone another year, but if we did fire Hue, a Peyton/Willams combo is about the best scenario I could hope for.

Archived