The Ftont office or the coaches?

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Rosen would KILL in his offense. Darnold is the type that can thrive in any offense so I’d still take him 1st. 

I think either guy would thrive in any offense. To me both are special. I just think Payton could utilize Rosen more

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

I wonder how Peyton & Greg Williams' relationship is after bountygate? I'm in favor of giving everyone another year, but if we did fire Hue, a Peyton/Willams combo is about the best scenario I could hope for.

Agree.

It would remove my only reservation about firing Hue; namely: That we would lose Williams, too.

Payton and Williams probably would work well together.

4 hours ago, dawgdish said:

I wonder how Peyton & Greg Williams' relationship is after bountygate? I'm in favor of giving everyone another year, but if we did fire Hue, a Peyton/Willams combo is about the best scenario I could hope for.

Wow forgot about that combo. One of the big reasons I don’t want to get rid of Hue is Williams leaving. I know we’d have to go back to our never good 3-4. 

41 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah he’d fit in that offense pretty good too. I just think Rosen is a better qb tho. 

So take them both with our 2 higher picks, trade a #2 for a next year #1 and fill in the gaps by trading up with our lower picks to land several studs (CB, FS, WR and/or RB) in rounds 2 and 3. 

I really would like to see us come out of this draft with 4+ studs and some quality draft capital for 2019 rather than using lower round picks to throw up against the wall.

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

But Mayfield is the best QB, so I'd take him 1st. Payton would have him playing like Brees.

I dont know. Brees and Baker might be the same height but would say they have different skill set. Baker is more of a gunslinger. I get more Brett Farve type style from Baker than a Brees Style. 

20 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I dont know. Brees and Baker might be the same height but would say they have different skill set. Baker is more of a gunslinger. I get more Brett Farve type style from Baker than a Brees Style. 

What do you mean by gunslinger? Favre led the league in passing yards twice, Brees 7 times. Brees averages a half yard more per attempt. Both led the league in TDs 4 times. Brees could throw down the field with the best of them. Favre was a little more careless but I always think of gunslinger as someone who will often throw deep not necessarily in a careless manner.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

What do you mean by gunslinger? Favre led the league in passing yards twice, Brees 7 times. Brees averages a half yard more per attempt. Both led the league in TDs 4 times. Brees could throw down the field with the best of them. Favre was a little more careless but I always think of gunslinger as someone who will often throw deep not necessarily in a careless manner.

I think of guys with big arms and little else.

In our case, Anderson.

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

I think of guys with big arms and little else.

In our case, Anderception.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think all styles of QBing can work. 

Gunslinger - Brett Farve

game manager - early Tom Brady

Running QB Russel Wilson

midget - Drew Bres

8 hours ago, bruceb said:

So take them both with our 2 higher picks, trade a #2 for a next year #1 and fill in the gaps by trading up with our lower picks to land several studs (CB, FS, WR and/or RB) in rounds 2 and 3. 

I really would like to see us come out of this draft with 4+ studs and some quality draft capital for 2019 rather than using lower round picks to throw up against the wall.

I’d be down. 

9 hours ago, bruceb said:

This is great in theory, but those deals only happen if a particular player falls to that pick and the team that wants them is interested in that deal (obviously). It's not going to happen pre-draft or anything (also obvious).

If you wait for that scenario and it never materializes, you won't have another opportunity to add premium picks.

That's why I think they will almost certainly move down with Texans pick.

LIS though, I'd still move a 2 this year for a 1 next year either way, but there's no way to count on getting that offer.

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is great in theory, but those deals only happen if a particular player falls to that pick and the team that wants them is interested in that deal (obviously). It's not going to happen pre-draft or anything (also obvious).

If you wait for that scenario and it never materializes, you won't have another opportunity to add premium picks.

That's why I think they will almost certainly move down with Texans pick.

LIS though, I'd still move a 2 this year for a 1 next year either way, but there's no way to count on getting that offer.

Slam dunk with first pick in Round 2, but not sure that I would want to give that one up.

Archived