Amazing?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is it amazing?

• It's amazing
    • It's pretty amazing
    • It's not amazing, but it's pretty
    • It's too pretty
    • 2 pretty

Hey all. I like to do these mocks and fap out (til I tap out? 🤔). I love me some Mac Jones and am excited for y'all. Here is a likely-amazing bpa mock I just did. What do y'all think? Feel free to post your own in here as well if y'all want.

Draft recap. A blue chip at 31? Ok. Bill taking advantage of a deep edge class to bolster a vital position? Sure why not. Reuniting Bama biggies?  Those words just hypnotize me. The rest are pretty much bpa, a few developmental guys at LB, CB. Good luck the rest of the season from a former Bellichick team. Enjoy!:

• NE
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OL Iowa

• NE
    Myjai Sanders
    EDGE Cincinnati
    trade icon
  • NE
    Phidarian Mathis
    DT Alabama
    trade icon
  • NE
    Erik Ezukanma
    WR Texas Tech
    trade icon
  • NE
    Jalyn Armour-Davis
    CB Alabama
    trade icon
  • NE
    Isaiah Foskey
    EDGE Notre Dame
    trade icon
  • NE
    Obinna Eze
    OT TCU
    trade icon
  • NE
    Charleston Rambo
    WR Miami-Fl
    trade icon
  • NE
    Ellis Brooks
    LB Penn State
    trade icon
  • NE
    Joey Porter Jr.
    CB Penn State
    trade icon
  • NE
    Ventrell Miller
    LB Florida
    trade icon
Edited by NudeTayne

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I think most people here will agree that LB needs to be much higher. Edge players aren't as big of a need. 

Yeah, I know it's high on the list but just happened to be how the draft was falling. I have Sanders as a late first and he's edge so I went with him. It could have been a guy like Brandon Smith from Penn State at 50 but just went bpa route with positional importance. Your turn to post one 👌.

Or also, we can just pretend the Patriots pick up Cunningham off waivers in this scenario.

Edited by NudeTayne

On 12/8/2021 at 2:38 PM, NudeTayne said:

NE

Tyler Linderbaum
OL Iowa

Never happen.  He will go much higher in the draft.

NE

Myjai Sanders
EDGE Cincinnati

I  don 't see an Edge guy at 50. I see WR if they don't take one in the 1st.

NE

Phidarian Mathis
DT Alabama

I don't like the fit. He has the height however he is slow and to light to play in BB defense.

NE

Erik Ezukanma
WR Texas Tech

I like this pick.

I agree with DP

Edge is way down on the list for all the holes Pats will have in 2022.  It is impossible the provide a mock at this time when most are just getting started looking at player for the draft.

That's all  the feedback I can give,  don't have enough knowledge to comment after 103 pick.

As its stand now I would like the Pats to look at WR Jahan Dotson at 31 or John Metchie III at 50

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 7:38 PM, NudeTayne said:

Hey all. I like to do these mocks and fap out (til I tap out? 🤔). I love me some Mac Jones and am excited for y'all. Here is a likely-amazing bpa mock I just did. What do y'all think? Feel free to post your own in here as well if y'all want.

Draft recap. A blue chip at 31? Ok. Bill taking advantage of a deep edge class to bolster a vital position? Sure why not. Reuniting Bama biggies?  Those words just hypnotize me. The rest are pretty much bpa, a few developmental guys at LB, CB. Good luck the rest of the season from a former Bellichick team. Enjoy!:

• NE
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OL Iowa

• NE
    Myjai Sanders
    EDGE Cincinnati
    trade icon
  • NE
    Phidarian Mathis
    DT Alabama
    trade icon
  • NE
    Erik Ezukanma
    WR Texas Tech
    trade icon
  • NE
    Jalyn Armour-Davis
    CB Alabama
    trade icon
  • NE
    Isaiah Foskey
    EDGE Notre Dame
    trade icon
  • NE
    Obinna Eze
    OT TCU
    trade icon
  • NE
    Charleston Rambo
    WR Miami-Fl
    trade icon
  • NE
    Ellis Brooks
    LB Penn State
    trade icon
  • NE
    Joey Porter Jr.
    CB Penn State
    trade icon
  • NE
    Ventrell Miller
    LB Florida
    trade icon

Very beautifully pretty 

• Like 1

I don't know the players well enough so I can only comment on the positions: 

• Tyler Linderbaum: Google says he's a Center.. so you're expecting him to become the LG and Onwenu moved back to RT full time with Trent Brown gone? To me they can find a good guard in the 3rd-5th round.. only 1st round OL I would want is a LT
  • Myjai Sanders: Ronnie Perkins was an edge taken in the 3rd last year.. he was redshirted, I highly doubt they pick up another edge high in the draft.. they need to develop who they have.. see what they have and take it from there imo. 
  • Phidarian Mathis: DT is not a top priority .. Barmore has been great.. if this guy is a run stuffer it makes sense but I think they are good for another year on the DL.. this isn't a first two day need imo 
  • Erik Ezukanma: first draft profile I saw made him sound like a stud.. only way he would be here this late is if he's slow.. how good is he? I could certainly see them going WR in the 3rd-4th round range 
  • Jalyn Armour-Davis: Way too late for a CB.. I honestly think BB is going to grab 2 DB in his first 4 picks given the amount of turnover they could see at the position

Top 5 picks I see being a combination of: CB / LB / S / WR 

• 4 weeks later...

I’ll give one a go….

courtesy of The Draft Network.

Round 1, pick 23.

Devin Lloyd, Treylon Burks, Nicholas Petit-Frere, and Nakobe Dean all had my attention. 

Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia gets the nod though. He’d be an animal from day one, being eased into a scheme that will put him in position to carry over his skills favorably, after winning the **** Butkus award as the nations best linebacker. Jerod Mayo & Steve Belichick are salivating.

Round 2, pick 55.

John Metchie III, WR, Alabama is the selection and there was no question about it when I seen he was still available. This will make Mac Jones a happy fella for sure. And I would be really excited myself to see the team finally add one of these Bama WR’s, after watching Jeudy, Waddle, Smith, etc thrive in the NFL.

Round 3, pick 87.

The best available players are mostly all tight ends in this scenario. Nolan Smith, an edge from Georgia, and Mykael Walker, a corner from Oregon are really the only players I considered here. I’m deciding to tap back into the Bulldog roots and hopefully tap into the rest of the potential Smith has flashed so many times. It feels inevitable that Winovich may be gone in FA. Anfernee Jennings hasn’t seen the field. Josh Uche may be competing for playing time with Smith.

Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia

Round 4, pick 125.

Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan

Just because we know BB feels inclined to take a RB every year, and Haskins feels like a steal in the fourth round— where they obtained Rhamondre Stevenson last year from Oklahoma.

Not much of a receiving back, but he can run the rock hard downhill and he’s straight to the point. His big frame and physical play have helped him become a good pass blocker, as well. James White’s future in Foxboro is up in the air, and I would roll with Haskins every day over JJ Taylor.

13 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia

I don't see this at all based on BB history and style he looks for.  Dean is to small 6' 225lbs.  He is a great player in college but he's the wrong fit.  If BB had the choice of Dean or Nolan.  He would take Nolan 100% of the time

Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia

Great selection. He has the size and he does his job playing against the best in college

Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan

Complete head scratcher.  They need a 3rd down back. He would never see the field.  I like the player. i would take him if we didn't two of him already !!!!

• Like 1

@m haynes

While Dean, yes “undersized”, is still a phenomenal player and basically the same size as Cam McGrone, or Cassh Maluia (2/3 of the last LB we drafted [Uche is other]). If Bentley walks, and who knows with Hightower, this guy can step in and play right away. I don’t care that he’s 6 foot, two inches isn’t going to take away the fact that he’s a scrapper. He’s a playmaker from day one. Super flexible. He definitely won’t be a liability, if that’s what you’re concerned about. Can you imagine him sitting in the box, rolling out with a RB, or doing a little bit of QB-spy work with the talented D we have around him?

Haskins, though, I completely agree with you. If there was another Demetric Felton this class (maybe there is, I haven’t found him) then that would be a great pick. The thinking, though, is Haskins will redshirt a year.

Can Harris become a complete back, and be a reliable player catching passes out of the backfield? Possibly. I do know, even without White this year, Harris and Stevenson have done an amazing job to help our offense continue to churn and burn. If Harris can, maybe we don’t need to bring JW28 back. Maybe we don’t need to continue on with the era of the Faulks, Vereens, Whites at all. We’re seeing it be done right now and it’s working.

There’s always a case to be made for another guy, but in the fourth round, I think he’s one of the BPA.

Who are some guys you have zoned in on as possible James White replacements?

& now the more I think about Nolan Smith… the more I need it lol

Edited by DaPatsKid98

1 hour ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

same size as Cam McGrone, or Cassh Maluia (

Sorry I should of added BB will take smaller LBs in the later RDs to play on ST. 

My comment on Dean still stand he can't play the position the way BB defense works. He would be going up against NFL center and guards and he's not big enough to do that. Mcgrone was draft at 236lbs and Uche 255lbs

I'll say this again he is a fantastic LB however he's better suited to chase or shoot the gaps. That's his game. Pats LBs fill gaps not his game.  Also he would n coverage however you don't draft in the 1st RD a guy that only plays 3rd down and long.

1 hour ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Who are some guys you have zoned in on as possible James White replacements?

Early 2022 NFL Draft running back rankings and class overview | NFL Draft | PFF  Just a list I worked off of

Max Borghi RB pass catcher ++++++++++++++++++

Sincere McCormick UTSA RB short power catcb ball 6/7

James Cook (Georgia RB) vs Alabama (???? injured history

Eric Gray || Oklahoma Sooners Running Back || 2021 Junior Highlights - YouTube

Tyler Goodson || Iowa Hawkeyes Running Back +++++

Jerome Ford || UC Bearcats Running Back ??????

@Crimmage  Loves this guy  and I have only seen a HL vid but WOW.  I read he can play RB and WR.

Wan’Dale Robinson wr/rb kentucky

I can't find the site tha mentioned RB sorry.

Update " His experience as an RB shows up consistently. The Kentucky WR is a creative ball carrier who knows how to use leverage. He’s very instinctive in the open field, and he uses his full-field vision to disrupt angles and extend plays."

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/wandale-robinson-kentucky-wr-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

Last   I should mention nice post concerning the draft. When it comes to football, Pats and than the draft. I started following the draft when there was just AM radio and news papers!!!!!🤣 Crap I'm old

Edited by m haynes

He was a RB in HS and transitioned to WR in college. 

If I recall correctly he averaged a good 200-400 yards on the ground his first two years in college. 

He was more of a WR than RB last year though when he transferred to Kentucky.  

Reading through that draft profile.. no chance he is a high 4.4 guy. He's way too fast for that, you're looking at high 4.3, low 4.4 guy all day. The biggest issue he would have at the next level is press coverage / improving route running but a lot of that is on Josh to get him the ball in YAC situations.

I see him as Percy Harvin without the migraine issues. He's going to shoot up the charts come combine time when he does like a 4.41 or something 

Edited by Crimmage
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, biggie. said:

My philosophy with the draft is I never complain about picks for the trenches.

I agree. I had this belief trees before ornaments. However that might be changing base on today's game and having Mac as the QB. He needs a weapon just like all the young QBs today. Brady not so much.  I now look at drafting with this in mind, QB,LT CB WR.  When I say CB I'm talking shut down like Mike Haynes and Ty Law if not WR moves ahead.  I see only one shut down corner and that's Stingley but he will be long gone before we pick. Booth is close as well

5 hours ago, m haynes said:

I agree. I had this belief trees before ornaments. However that might be changing base on today's game and having Mac as the QB. He needs a weapon just like all the young QBs today. Brady not so much.  I now look at drafting with this in mind, QB,LT CB WR.  When I say CB I'm talking shut down like Mike Haynes and Ty Law if not WR moves ahead.  I see only one shut down corner and that's Stingley but he will be long gone before we pick. Booth is close as well

thoughts on Trent McDuffie?