MNF: Vikings vs Whatever-this-is-supposed-to-be

JAF-N72EX

14 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Fields owns some of this without question, but there’s also some rational explanation for much of it too.

The same can be said with all raw stats, I agree. But I can't help but the remember same excuses being made for Mitch too.

I get it, Fields is not in the best position to succeed but something needs to said about his turnover rate. Even as a rookie. That's an issue, and not counting the sacks/throws that should be turnovers. Sorry but I don't remember seeing a QB sake a sack on a screen pass while trying to jump over a pass rusher.  Not even Mitch did that..

Edited by JAF-N72EX

21 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Agree. Fields has rough edges and pretty much all of us expected that (though we clearly thought the offense's passing would be better overall, some of us have been on the Nagy blows train for a while  lol)

Highly disagree on Jenkins. I didn't get to watch live but he was fantastic overall. I just downloaded a YouTube recording of the game and went of every play focused just on Jenkins.  Here was his play-by-play below

I'd love to see more consistency from Kmet. His good games are usually really promising but he disappears WAY too often. Too many mental lapses like the big sack he gave up on Fields, but then he has some fantastic chips and blocks to balance. Plus he is a ghost in the redzone too often. I hated the pick but I hope he keeps getting better. Grant needs re-signed IMO, and Mooney and Monty will never be studs to build a team around IMO but are good starters for sure.

Love Smith and Hick. I'd cut Goldman and use that $6 mil saved toward paying Hicks. He has way more heart and impact than Goldman has.

Bush is a ST player and little more. He is at best depth, even if I haven't watched the defense this game I'd doubt it could sway me on that.

IDK if it was Desai or not but defense kept a damn good offense with great weapons to 17. Great work there.

Agreed.

Regardless of stats or anything else, congrats on the win and happy to see you posting here!

I appreciate the breakdown. I didn't get to watch the game a second time around, and maybe its bias towards my own team, but it felt like he was getting bullied a bit. That and Wonnum never had a game like that before with us.

We all welcome you all to join us in our forum. Its good to have different and new perspectives on our opponents.

And maybe you could teach @blkwdw13a thing or two on the 5K game lol

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The same can be said with all raw stats, I agree. But I can't help but the remember same excuses being made for Mitch too.

I get it, Fields is not in the best position to succeed but something needs to said about his turnover rate. Even as a rookie. That's an issue, and not counting the sacks/throws that should be turnovers. Sorry but I don't remember seeing a QB sake a sack on a screen pass while trying to jump over a pass rusher.  Not even Mitch did that..

Well...it's a mixed bag, really.

First off, I'll do a full disclaimer. I was wrong about Mitch. I thought his Jekyll and Hyde transformations into Haywire Mitch were something he would outgrow with experience. That didn't happen, and probably never will. So, I can't post and pretend to be some kind of quarterback psychic, or anything like that.

But, doesn't this situation with Fields feel different to you? To everybody else on here? I get being skeptical and taking a "believe it when I see it" attitude...but doesn't Fields seem to check a whole buncha boxes on the quarterback wish list? In a way Trubisky never did?

I agree that he's turning the ball over too often, I'd imagine Fields himself would agree with that. Some really bad games early on skew those numbers a little, though, and we can't blame a rookie TOO much for that. He needs to get his "superhero ball" instinct tamped down quite a bit--and to do that, he probably needs a better head coach. 

Edited by Heinz D.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I appreciate the breakdown. I didn't get to watch the game a second time around, and maybe its bias towards my own team, but it felt like he was getting bullied a bit. That and Wonnum never had a game like that before with us.

We all welcome you all to join us in our forum. Its good to have different and new perspectives on our opponents.

And maybe you could teach @blkwdw13a thing or two on the 5K game lol

I just you wait until I pick Kirk Cousins in a must win game for the Vikings playoff chances. I think I might need to change my pick. 

• Like 2